COVID19 Kibosh

fuzzynormal

14 minutes ago, Mokara said:

Travel bans are pointless when an epidemic starts in your own country. Just saying.

The 12000 deaths in the US is an estimate based on modeling to account for cases where testing was not done. The number of deaths in confirmed cases was 1642.

Case mortality rate for covid-19 is 7.7% at the moment and rising. This number will go down as the pandemic winds down, and will probably end up at around 2-3% In china, where the epidemic appears to have subsided for now, the case mortality rate is 4.5%. The case mortality rate for H1N1 was 0.03%. Do those numbers sound even remotely comparable to you?

What's your source for "Case mortality rate for covid-19 is 7.7%" ?

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/6/20-0320_article

"Nevertheless, given the residual uncertainties, health sector decision-makers and disease modelers probably should consider a broad range of 0.25%–3.0% for COVID-19 case-fatality risk estimates.'

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, eleison said:

In just about any measurements, Trump has done better regarding containing pandemics than ANY of the previous administrations.

What world do you live in? Trump and his league of morons are the reason why the virus was allowed to get a foothold in the U.S. in the first place. Stating that him and his administration have done more to contain to contain the single largest pandemic since the Spanish flu is ridiculous.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/14/tracking-trumps-false-or-misleading-coronavirus-claims/

The man is a giagantic megalomaniac and swings whichever way serves HIS agenda. The common folk are his cannon fodder.

25 minutes ago, mercer said:

This is the biggest fear in the debate of Universal Health Care in the US.

Hopefully, you realize my comments weren't meant to make light of this situation. I think a single death due to this virus is a tragedy. I was merely saying that what is happening in some parts of the world isn't indicative of the effects of the virus on the entire human population and that it is way too early to definitively state what the stats will be.

I know the sensitive soul you've always expressed through your posting.

The stats are the numbers of the pandemic so far. Here's a good source already posted earlier:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

25 minutes ago, User said:

What world do you live in? Trump and his league of morons is the reason why the virus was allowed to get a foothold in the U.S. in the first place. Stating that him and his administration have done more to contain to contain that single largest pandemic since the Spanish flu is ridiculous.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/14/tracking-trumps-false-or-misleading-coronavirus-claims/

No the reason this virus took hold in the U.S. is because Germany, Italy and the rest of the EU let it run rampant.  Do some research and look at where the out breaks happened in the U.S. and how they could have been avoided.

Open boarders and land of the free is biting us in the ass so to say.

16 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Your comments to Mr. Mercer are uncalled for. 

Maybe what people say about you are correct.

Stop to spread hate. Your issues against my persona are well known, dude. This tactic now to feed up the rumor is anything you look for but doesn't dignify you. You try, you always receive a response you don't like. How many threads you need this time? Grow up for once. Do I need to post them and embarrass you?

3 minutes ago, Super8 said:

No the reason this virus took hold in the U.S. is because Germany, Italy and the rest of the EU let it run rampant.  Do some research and look at where the out breaks happened in the U.S. and how they could have been avoided.

Open boarders and land of the free is biting us in the ass so to say.

Uh duh yah man.

2 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

Oh, and for whatever it's worth (not much) I do disagree with the assumption that Trump has "done more."  He does have different issues to cope with, but back in 2009 we approved a test for H1N1 a month before anyone listed H1N1 as a pandemic.  Ahead of the curve there.  If you recall, because of the Obama Care issue, a lot of conservatives were complaining that we were too aggressive regarding treatment.  That it was a political ploy or a scare tactic.

A flu like H1N1 has anti-virals to treat it. And it's the flu, you know?  Humans walk around with some level of immunity because we've all had it. There's even a semi-effective vaccine.

COVID-19?  Nope. No meds. COVID19 is new to the immune system. No one has protection from COVID19.  Well, those that have recovered from it have.

COVID-19 is viral right?

The media called this a pandemic in the U.S when we had 20 cases and zero deaths.

The number of Americans that have COVID-19 is probably really high. if so how do you explain 72 deaths?

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Stop to spread hate. Your issues against my persona are well known, dude. You try, you always receive a response you don't like. How many threads you need this time? Grow up for once. Do I need to post them and embarrass you?

Post what ever you want.  People are smart enough to see who likes to bully the other guys and it's not me.

43 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Post what ever you want.  People are smart enough to see who likes to bully the other guys and it's not me.

For what? The most funny is so am I the bully and not you trying to also attract followers to your cause then?? LOL What's the name of it, humm? : X The more you post the more is possible to see how lost you invariably are about my intentions and posting or yet whatever else to be honest to you. Sad to see it. Don't think I am glad to write it if I can expect anything from you.

I've always had a friendly vibe with Glenn FYI (as many others here BTW) and it is a dirty filthy job you infer something on the contrary. When do you stop this little game of revenge trying to distort and decontextualize ANY words of mine still many weeks later in a row? I'm sorry I can't help you out. Yeah, you're the ONLY one here to ask for irony (oh the sarcasm) from my side now. Wonder why? ; -)

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Here's a little levity...

Not idea if you actually had that in mind to follow my analogy... But that one to reach the minute of such piece is beyond to match the text in point of fact ; )

47 minutes ago, User said:

Now here's a guy who really has something to say.

Certain human attitude applies when they see so many to surround the area, they shoot in every directions they can as the only way they know to handle the supposed adversary they built...

; -)

12 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Certain human attitude when see so many to surround the area, they shoot in every directions they can as the only way they know to handle the supposed adversary they built...

; -)

Yes. And I've always loved your beloved version of English Emanuel :)

Onward! 

20 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

For what? The most funny is so am I the bully and not you trying to also attract supporters to your cause then?? LOL : X The more you post the more is possible to see how lost you invariably are about my intentions and posting or yet whatever else to be honest to you. Sad to see it. Don't think I am glad to write it if I can expect anything from you.

I've always had a friendly vibe with Glenn FYI (as many others here BTW) and it is very dirty you infer something on the contrary. When do you stop this little game of revenge trying to distort and decontextualize ANY words of mine still many weeks later in a row? I'm sorry I can't help you out. Yeah, you're the ONLY one here to ask for irony from my side now. Wonder why? ; -)

I'm not sure what you think my cause is.  I said your comments to mercer were uncalled for.

23 minutes ago, User said:

Yes. And I've always loved your beloved version of English Emanuel :)

Onward! 

I try my best, my friend : )

22 minutes ago, Super8 said:

I'm not sure what you think my cause is.  I said your comments to mercer were uncalled for.

When do you realize this is a friendly community and the only and most uncalled thing many of us have the fortune to see here as well is to not mistreat each other but with respect?

This includes do not start to guess someone's else mind and kindly ask when we don't understand.

We can only intend to have our point of view respected if we are able to give the same in reciprocity ; -)