Canon EOS R5 - 8K30p 4K120p

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony camerasĀ EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Personally, Iā€™d rather have internalĀ 10-bit, uncropped 4K, AF in 120fps, and maybe a RAW video codec for the heck of it. Ā But I guess 8K is more headline grabbing for them to say ā€œhey, weā€™re back in the video gameā€. Ā 

I also hope they keep the feature from EOS R where the shutter closes to protect the sensor with the camera is off. Ā Such a nice touch. Ā 

Option A: Canon has a secret sauce and manages to release 8k on FF mirrorless camera. Not only Canon is going to abandon years of crippling policy but they are going make a massive technological come back by beating the competition.

Option B: they gonna fuck it up one way or the other with weird limitations, exorbitant pricing, marketing specs for the stickers on the box but without value for users (8K is actually time-lapse mode or upscaled 4K).

Normally, I would be inclined to pick Option B but since their sub-par product line and pressure from the competition starts having an effect on their sales, we may not completely rule out Option A. Finger crossed.

Ā