Matias Mayolo

m.maksym

Better together

anax276

The Garden

Leslie

Apples

Well done to everyone who contributed.

I had a lot of fun watching the results come in.

I had some fun shooting my own as well, but I've not edited it yet and decided to let the competition vote run without my entry for now.

In the main blog post coming out, you'll see what I bought and what I got up to.

I'll let the vote run for a few days, then we can reveal the cameras which is the even more fun part :)

Please vote once for your favourite of the videos (and not your own!!) - no gaming the system :)

If I missed anyone on the list, let me know.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Voted.  I must say that the ones I voted for really were well done and the one I picked for best image quality was also on my shortlist for best cinematography.

As cheesy as it sounds, well done to everyone - finishing a project and then sharing it publicly takes some effort and a bit of bravery, so well done to all who entered.

so after the reveal whats next  ?    what are the odds of making it a monthly or bimonthly challenge.  to give the users of the forum something to aim for, or aspire too perhaps ?

cause we all do  a lot of talking, something to keep us learning the craft would be really constructive as well.?

1 hour ago, leslie said:

so after the reveal whats next  ?    what are the odds of making it a monthly or bimonthly challenge.  to give the users of the forum something to aim for, or aspire too perhaps ?

cause we all do  a lot of talking, something to keep us learning the craft would be really constructive as well.?

❤️

I'd love this.

Agree wholeheartedly with what all previous speakers wrote.

It's been a nice experience!

Even though my short was more like an entry to "The 3-hour 1-minute Film Challenge" that @kye once set up, I'm quite satisfied with what I've learned and realized.

Speaking of which, I always wanted to enter it, kye! It just hit me in the really busy period and I couldn't get myself together to shoot it.

13 hours ago, heart0less said:

❤️

I'd love this.

Agree wholeheartedly with what all previous speakers wrote.

It's been a nice experience!

Even though my short was more like an entry to "The 3-hour 1-minute Film Challenge" that @kye once set up, I'm quite satisfied with what I've learned and realized.

Speaking of which, I always wanted to enter it, kye! It just hit me in the really busy period and I couldn't get myself together to shoot it.

I must say that this was fun and has renewed my enthusiasm for the 3-hour 1-minute challenge.  

One aspect of this that I really like was that there is a budget limit, so instead of not entering because of worrying you'll get judged because you don't own the nicest cameras/lenses it kind of gives everyone an excuse to not create the best video anyone has ever seen.  I like the idea of a film challenge where there is a restriction on equipment to get people over the perfectionist tendencies to not release because it's not good enough.

Edit: Maybe a "shoot with the worst camera you own" competition might work?

8 hours ago, Leon Postma said:

Really hope this isn’t the last challenge. Next time we might even see some RED camera’s entering the fray ?

For under $200??  That'll be the day!  

It probably costs more than $200 in cables just to get a functioning rig!!

• Administrators

Soon I'll put the link to the vote on the front page of the blog to drum up some more people to take part and vote.

Then let's close the poll around Saturday-ish and do the big reveal of gear. Get some photos of the gear and post it. I'll do the same and reveal what I shot. I made two videos with two different cameras.

Then the winner of the public vote gets the last place person's camera :) If he wants to give it him. We're not going to force it out of his hands :) This is supposed to be a bit of fun really.

Then I'll choose a winner of the judge's prize, who will get one of my cameras.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:51 AM, leslie said:

I got too busy to enter (but just managed to view all the entries in time!), so I hope there is another.