Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Reid

Hey Nikon - Where's the Z6 ProRes RAW Update?

5 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

It depends on preferred workflow etc. Personally, at this point I would still choose the Z6+Ninja over the s1 because its Prores and it has lenses.

You have a good point.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Red be the next gopro?

No Kinefinity is already eating their lunch, what will they be and others in a few more years? We don't seem to even talk about Kinefinity much anymore, but they have some hell of a good, inexpensive cameras out now.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

No Kinefinity is already eating their lunch, what will they be and others in a few more years? We don't seem to even talk about Kinefinity much anymore, but they have some hell of a good, inexpensive cameras out now.

And BM and Z-Cam eating Kinefity's lunch already! 

Cameras are getting seriously cheap these days, and why not?

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

And BM and Z-Cam eating Kinefity's lunch already! 

Cameras are getting seriously cheap these days, and why not?

I agree.  My issue with the Kinefity is availability, lack of reviews and comparisons to BM and Z-cam. You have to give Z-Cam credit for being transparent and an A for effort.  

The Z-Cam has no display screen so you have to have the Ninja or higher screen recorder out of the gate. Z-Cam seems determined to make it's mark in cine world.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:11 PM, Shell64 said:

Disappointing.  It’s as if the raw announcement was marketing hype to gain sales. The z6 isn’t a bad camera but with the s1 being similarly priced to the z6+ninja v and the bmpcc4k being significantly cheaper, lots of people bought the camera probably because of the raw announcement. I feel bad for all of you who did so. Honestly they may never announce it. 

What gives you that idea? Nikon and Atmos announced it they said it comes out in 2019.  Look how long people waited and wait for the P4K.  

If you have solid info pass it on but the knee jerk reactions are crazy.  Atomos is more invested in ProResRaw then Nikon and it's going to happen.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:35 AM, Christopherz said:

Atomos came out with a new video this morning and there is corresponding new software on both Atomos ninja V and Nikon’s page for the Z6. As of July 31st 2019.

Prores Raw is finally here!

I noticed the software updates also.  The Z6 footage looked great.

Did the Z6 always have timecode setting with the Z6?  Doe this make it pass Netflix specs as a A Cam?

On 7/31/2019 at 6:05 PM, Andrew Reid said:

Probably Q/A process is fucking pedantic at Nikon.

Nevertheless, why don't they just come out and give us an update and a new ETA.

It's a bit strange.

They are ominously quiet about it.

Not more then any other camera company.  I am getting antsy also waiting for at least an announcement on ETA.  

Who has Atomos or Nikon connections?   Give us a a little info.

Here' you go everyone.

Atomo response to a You Tube comment.

atomos.jpg

They can't go back from this and the other promos and statements. It will be a disaster for both companies if they don't proceed. 

Hm..This promo comes from the India distributor.. They could sell a few thousands there for sure. I am sure Nikon is far more reputable there than Blackmagic, and I am sure Canon sells a lot of cameras there too.

Nikon is bringing the assurance of the classic choice with the groundbreaking (or just modern) specs Canon never did.

I would never buy a camera on a promise though, even if it is printed in India!