Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mako Sports

X-T3 vs A7III vs EOS R vs Z7 vs Pocket 4K - Video Quality Compared!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Deadcode said:

I'm sure most of the Z7 customers are photographers who rarely record video. And they use factory default settings.

Those who want video oriented camera, will not buy Z7, nor EosR. The customers buy these cameras for photography.

And very few of the photographers are even heard about Davinci Resolve for example.

I was in several Sony Mirrorless/A7/a6xxx Facebook groups, and even after several years the "why my slog2 is so noisy" question is STILL on the table.

My point is: we, here on EosHD forums are only the small percentage of the users who actually want to examine 100% of the capabilities from these cameras. Others just use them out of box.

Many valid point, but he is not doing this test for them because anyway those photographers will buy the z7 anyway because of its photographic qualities and the video in full auto will be plenty enough for them. Where is test is valid, is for hybrid shooters or video shooters who wants to know if the first full frame camera with 4k log and 10 bit is good or not. Because just before that you would have to buy a Canon C700 for more than 30k to get at least 10 bit FF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

People tend to believe one can't match another.

Wrong : )

Reason why one of my fav Niels Bohr's quotes ends where you above incline to forget that a deep truth is a truth so deep that not only is true but it's exact opposite is also true ; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the Nikon Z7 is a $3500 pro camera. Does Max really think the people who buy it are going to use it on the default settings out of the box and not even explore the different automatic WB presets which would have fixed Bart Simpson and the other picture styles such as Flat which would give more control of colour in post?

It's not a mom & pa's camera. It's a professional mirrorless camera and he's testing it like a bloody iPhone or a point & shoot.

It's just an excuse for lazy testing and gettin' it out quick.

Sadly he has 100,000s views and the good guys who WAIT do not. That's what happens when you have no editorial control over a network (YouTube) and promote stuff based on FIRST and VIEWING STATS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Well the Nikon Z7 is a $3500 pro camera. Does Max really think the people who buy it are going to use it on the default settings out of the box and not even explore the different automatic WB presets which would have fixed Bart Simpson and the other picture styles such as Flat which would give more control of colour in post?

It's not a mom & pa's camera. It's a professional mirrorless camera and he's testing it like a bloody iPhone or a point & shoot.

It's just an excuse for lazy testing and gettin' it out quick.

Sadly he has 100,000s views and the good guys who WAIT do not. That's what happens when you have no editorial control over a network (YouTube) and promote stuff based on FIRST and VIEWING STATS.

Max was a guy doing some basic wedding's videos. He is an ok figure and I believe he is trying to offer some knowledge, but nothing special, and certainly not a completely independent thought. 

Can't even bother with his videos.

Most youtube personas have nothing to do with real life videography, and real life, in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

(...) and certainly not a completely independent thought. 

I remind certain old debate on topic I had with another member here (a more frequent Sony user nowadays) once MY's misleading conclusions are dubious IMO (my old rant, I mean, not his camera option I guess and fairly believe a personal of his own anyway, based on Sony's FF route as seems so and much very likely).

That's a way more territory of fact than only realm of opinion BTW : -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Well the Nikon Z7 is a $3500 pro camera. Does Max really think the people who buy it are going to use it on the default settings out of the box and not even explore the different automatic WB presets which would have fixed Bart Simpson and the other picture styles such as Flat which would give more control of colour in post?

It's not a mom & pa's camera. It's a professional mirrorless camera and he's testing it like a bloody iPhone or a point & shoot.

It's just an excuse for lazy testing and gettin' it out quick.

Sadly he has 100,000s views and the good guys who WAIT do not. That's what happens when you have no editorial control over a network (YouTube) and promote stuff based on FIRST and VIEWING STATS.

So I just commented on the video to ask him the settings and he replied:

PP1 Sony, Neutral on EOS R and Z7, Eterna XT3, blackmagic extended video , all set to 4000 K manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

So auto focus test from Max, for me z7 is best in this test. That's so great that Nikon who was dead last is at least for me, the best now. Again for the test, many strange thing, because it is the Sony and Canon who are the greenish skintone, he did use auto white balance this time. Another thing of note is it is the Fuji which looks super soft, much softer than the Canon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So

1 minute ago, Danyyyel said:

So auto focus test from Max, for me z7 is best in this test. That's so great that Nikon who was dead last is at least for me, the best now. Again for the test, many strange thing, because it is the Sony and Canon who are the greenish skintone, he did use auto white balance this time. Another thing of note is it is the Fuji which looks super soft, much softer than the Canon.

So, colour wise, instead of turning that guy into a zombie, Z7 whitewashed him this time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, androidlad said:

So

So, colour wise, instead of turning that guy into a zombie, Z7 whitewashed him this time...

I don't know exact skin tone colour of the man and the lighting, i would say the fuji must be the closest followed by the Nikon and then the Canon and Sony. Unless the light is golden hour in this case, if I was the guy I would immediately go to hospital to check if I any liver or bladder problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He used auto white balance. Auto focus test is a bit silly as you can change how fast or slow they focus. 

The Canon and Sony look similar color wise. But this is a pretty straight forward safe lighting situation (single continuous light). 

The Fuji does look softer then the others. I have noticed Fuji skin usually looks softer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danyyyel said:

I don't know exact skin tone colour of the man and the lighting, i would say the fuji must be the closest followed by the Nikon and then the Canon and Sony. Unless the light is golden hour in this case, if I was the guy I would immediately go to hospital to check if I any liver or bladder problem.  

For me the Z7 seems to have the best auto WB. I wish Max would use some gray cards set the the best custom WB for these cameras. As is, I think Z7 has the best color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danyyyel said:

I don't know exact skin tone colour of the man and the lighting, i would say the fuji must be the closest followed by the Nikon and then the Canon and Sony. Unless the light is golden hour in this case, if I was the guy I would immediately go to hospital to check if I any liver or bladder problem.  

lol fuji most def is not the closest. The whole image is shifting blue. The nikon is the closest. Fuji is probably last place. Just look at his shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yurolov said:

lol fuji most def is not the closest. The whole image is shifting blue. The nikon is the closest. Fuji is probably last place. Just look at his shirt. 

I see the Fuji quite close to the Nikon, but that's not the point of this test.

 

10 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

He used auto white balance. Auto focus test is a bit silly as you can change how fast or slow they focus. 

The Canon and Sony look similar color wise. But this is a pretty straight forward safe lighting situation (single continuous light). 

The Fuji does look softer then the others. I have noticed Fuji skin usually looks softer. 

I kind of question his first test now, where the Canon look way softer than the others. In this test it is the Fuji which looks much softer than the rest. I just don't understand anymore. From his two test one thing I can conclude is that ISO discrepancies. Clearly the XT3 for example is darker by at least half a stop to the Nikon. In high Iso it would mean that Nikon 1600 should be tested with Fuji 2500 ISO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...