Jump to content
Andrew Reid

I WILL be getting a Fuji X-T3!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Papiskokuji said:

Hi guys !

I just downloaded the latest Resolve version to test out their interpretation of f-log. But I can't find some kind of "f-gamut" in Da Vinci input color space tab. I just have f-log in the gamma input/output. Am I missing something ? Because the gamma maping is nice to have but the most important part of the task is putting back f-log colors into a manageable color space like rec709. Whereas I can deal with a flat gamma myself, adjusting just a curve.

I can put "V-gamut" instead or another one close to f-log colors, but I thought there would have been a specific fuji tab.

Did you guys try this latest version ? I think someone posted a screenshot of color graded f-log footage without using fuji's LUTs.

There is no a specific F-log gamut in Resolve because FUJI choose to use the REC2020 for the gamut of F-Log.

In Resolve 16.1 you can find a specific  F-log gamma and with the REC2020 gamut, you get all you need, for use F-log in RCM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, BrunoCH said:

There is no a specific F-log gamut in Resolve because FUJI choose to use the REC2020 for the gamut of F-Log.

In Resolve 16.1 you can find a specific  F-log gamma and with the REC2020 gamut, you get all you need, for use F-log in RCM. 

Ok ! Great ! I didn't know that ! Thanks ! I'll try it right away :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi friends! I fulfill the request of all who asked to show a phased color grading of Fujifilm F-Log (XT3). This is not a tutorial, but simply a process of color grading from the source to the final result.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I'm a little late to the party, but I just picked up my XT3 and I'm pumped to get using it. It's main focus will be on family kind of stuff. For work I use Blackmagic, so I'm a little overwhelmed with the menus and settings etc. - Does anyone have a good setup guide to get me started?

I'm fairly sure I want to shoot with Eterna, but I'm happy to be swayed into the many other options.

My starting point from what I can see is :

h265

Long GOP

Eterna

DR100

Highlight 0

Shadow 0

Color 0 

Sharpness -4

NR -4

Interframe NR - Off

Peripheral Light Correction - Off (What even is that)

Then for video AF - I assume constant and face tracking?

Any help and hints are greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats, X-T3 is a great choice!

1 hour ago, Anaconda_ said:

DR100

I know it's against all logic, but I heard that DR400 seems to be the best choice since it offers the best dynamic range.

1 hour ago, Anaconda_ said:

Peripheral Light Correction - Off (What even is that)

I think it may be some fancy way of naming vignetting correction.

 

Just keep experimenting and see what you like best.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Hi all, I'm a little late to the party, but I just picked up my XT3 and I'm pumped to get using it. It's main focus will be on family kind of stuff. For work I use Blackmagic, so I'm a little overwhelmed with the menus and settings etc. - Does anyone have a good setup guide to get me started?

I'm fairly sure I want to shoot with Eterna, but I'm happy to be swayed into the many other options.

My starting point from what I can see is :

h265

Long GOP

Eterna

 

Eterna is great. Also, overlook Classic Chrome. It's also a nice look if you aren't shooting Log. Actually, I wish Fuji made a log to Chrome conversion. If you're shooting h265, you'll save on file size, but, as you probably know, it's a lot harder on your computer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, androidlad said:

Get highlight -2 and DR400 for the best highlight roll-off.

Although I’m not using it, the Leeming LUT setup guide says dr200 and 400 do strange things to the image. 

Will definetly try your suggestions though,  thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EphraimP said:

Eterna is great. Also, overlook Classic Chrome. It's also a nice look if you aren't shooting Log. Actually, I wish Fuji made a log to Chrome conversion. If you're shooting h265, you'll save on file size, but, as you probably know, it's a lot harder on your computer. 

Check out Attila's work: http://colorizer.net/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I am thinking of getting an Atomos Shinobi for use with my X-T3. I do not need external recording. Has anybody used this combination or the Shinobi at least and can comment on it? I also had a look at a SWIT CM-55 C   for a cheaper option but was not that happy with its build quality/interface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know how to get my shutter to 1/50, but is there a way to have 1/50 as default shutter in Video mode, but complete Aperture priority for stills?

I'd like to be able to flick between stills and video, but 1/50 is a little too slow for stills. Can I lock the SS in for certain modes?

Edit:

I realised I can use the T option on the shutter dial to preset shutter speeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I know how to get my shutter to 1/50, but is there a way to have 1/50 as default shutter in Video mode, but complete Aperture priority for stills?

I'd like to be able to flick between stills and video, but 1/50 is a little too slow for stills. Can I lock the SS in for certain modes?

Edit:

I realised I can use the T option on the shutter dial to preset shutter speeds.

Turn on "Movie Silent Control".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...