Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The X-T3 is already a damn good camera.
The best Aps-c mirrorless according to me ?

Except IBIS and an articulated screen, I can’t see what they could improve.
I’m not talking about evolutions that we expect at each new release, as better AF, better burst mode, or ISO performance.

Maybe a new battery.
Of course, 4k120 and 6k60 would be a nice bonus ?

4 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

Actually what the rumor says is that the person who claimed anamorphic, articulated screen and has been shown to be wrong on the date so we should not automatically trust everything else in the list.

At least the IBIS is triple checked confirmed

Very happy to read that. 

16 hours ago, Alex Uzan said:

The X-T3 is already a damn good camera.
The best Aps-c mirrorless according to me ?

Except IBIS and an articulated screen, I can’t see what they could improve.
I’m not talking about evolutions that we expect at each new release, as better AF, better burst mode, or ISO performance.

Maybe a new battery.
Of course, 4k120 and 6k60 would be a nice bonus ?

For me, just the IBIS would be enough because I can then move from my current 3 body set up to my more ideal 2 body.

I wouldn't complain and could make use of 4k 100/120p but wouldn't be a deal-breaker...

6k doesn't interest me at all. I can see the argument for it somewhere in the future but pretty sure my clients just watch their wedding videos on their phones and that's about it.

I have no illusions that I am creating some kind of hi def art that maybe Netflix will want to showcase! Nah, 4k is more than good enough for my needs. I could easily use 1080.

Good for DJI releasing an update for the Ronin S to allow video start/stop via USB.  But there is an issue of autofocus no longer working.  Not certain if this is an XT-3 or Ronin S firmware problem.  Has anyone attempted use of the X-T3 with the Ronin S with the new firmware?

Don Barar

1 hour ago, jagnje said:

Long battery life, internal NDs, XLR inputs and good overall onboard audio are things that you need for documetary work. Ibis would be least of my concern.

Eh, an external battery + MixPre3 + VariND is still less hassle, easier to add, and more compact than adding a gimbal to replace the lack of IBIS. (although of course a gimbal would be ultimately more powerful than IBIS) 

Pretty jacked up for this camera. The fact that fuji has turned into such a legit video brand, with no higher end video line to protect, gives me confidence in investing in them going forward. This would be my first dive into fuji, but all things point to this being a great all rounder. What lenses do fuji shooters recommend? I really wish fuji would update their older lenses to work better with autofocus, and less noisy. But I guess you could shoot them as manual focus lenses worst case.

Viltrox will be releasing a cheaper f/1.4 counterparts in 2-months time.

23/1.4 , 33/1.4 and 56/1.4. Each for ~250 - 300$.

If you don't really care about f/1.4, then f/2 primes are considered as great and reliable lenses. 23/2, 35/2 and 50/2

And if you want a zoom, then 18-55/2.8 - 4 is highly regarded and affordable.