Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

5 hours ago, Papiskokuji said:

Hi guys !

I just downloaded the latest Resolve version to test out their interpretation of f-log. But I can't find some kind of "f-gamut" in Da Vinci input color space tab. I just have f-log in the gamma input/output. Am I missing something ? Because the gamma maping is nice to have but the most important part of the task is putting back f-log colors into a manageable color space like rec709. Whereas I can deal with a flat gamma myself, adjusting just a curve.

I can put "V-gamut" instead or another one close to f-log colors, but I thought there would have been a specific fuji tab.

Did you guys try this latest version ? I think someone posted a screenshot of color graded f-log footage without using fuji's LUTs.

There is no a specific F-log gamut in Resolve because FUJI choose to use the REC2020 for the gamut of F-Log.

In Resolve 16.1 you can find a specific  F-log gamma and with the REC2020 gamut, you get all you need, for use F-log in RCM. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, BrunoCH said:

There is no a specific F-log gamut in Resolve because FUJI choose to use the REC2020 for the gamut of F-Log.

In Resolve 16.1 you can find a specific  F-log gamma and with the REC2020 gamut, you get all you need, for use F-log in RCM. 

Ok ! Great ! I didn't know that ! Thanks ! I'll try it right away :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm a little late to the party, but I just picked up my XT3 and I'm pumped to get using it. It's main focus will be on family kind of stuff. For work I use Blackmagic, so I'm a little overwhelmed with the menus and settings etc. - Does anyone have a good setup guide to get me started?

I'm fairly sure I want to shoot with Eterna, but I'm happy to be swayed into the many other options.

My starting point from what I can see is :

h265

Long GOP

Eterna

DR100

Highlight 0

Shadow 0

Color 0 

Sharpness -4

NR -4

Interframe NR - Off

Peripheral Light Correction - Off (What even is that)

Then for video AF - I assume constant and face tracking?

Any help and hints are greatly appreciated!

Congrats, X-T3 is a great choice!

1 hour ago, Anaconda_ said:

DR100

I know it's against all logic, but I heard that DR400 seems to be the best choice since it offers the best dynamic range.

1 hour ago, Anaconda_ said:

Peripheral Light Correction - Off (What even is that)

I think it may be some fancy way of naming vignetting correction.

Just keep experimenting and see what you like best.

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Hi all, I'm a little late to the party, but I just picked up my XT3 and I'm pumped to get using it. It's main focus will be on family kind of stuff. For work I use Blackmagic, so I'm a little overwhelmed with the menus and settings etc. - Does anyone have a good setup guide to get me started?

I'm fairly sure I want to shoot with Eterna, but I'm happy to be swayed into the many other options.

My starting point from what I can see is :

h265

Long GOP

Eterna

Eterna is great. Also, overlook Classic Chrome. It's also a nice look if you aren't shooting Log. Actually, I wish Fuji made a log to Chrome conversion. If you're shooting h265, you'll save on file size, but, as you probably know, it's a lot harder on your computer. 

12 hours ago, EphraimP said:

Eterna is great. Also, overlook Classic Chrome. It's also a nice look if you aren't shooting Log. Actually, I wish Fuji made a log to Chrome conversion. If you're shooting h265, you'll save on file size, but, as you probably know, it's a lot harder on your computer. 

Check out Attila's work: http://colorizer.net/

Hi guys, I am thinking of getting an Atomos Shinobi for use with my X-T3. I do not need external recording. Has anybody used this combination or the Shinobi at least and can comment on it? I also had a look at a SWIT CM-55 C   for a cheaper option but was not that happy with its build quality/interface

I know how to get my shutter to 1/50, but is there a way to have 1/50 as default shutter in Video mode, but complete Aperture priority for stills?

I'd like to be able to flick between stills and video, but 1/50 is a little too slow for stills. Can I lock the SS in for certain modes?

Edit:

I realised I can use the T option on the shutter dial to preset shutter speeds.

41 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I know how to get my shutter to 1/50, but is there a way to have 1/50 as default shutter in Video mode, but complete Aperture priority for stills?

I'd like to be able to flick between stills and video, but 1/50 is a little too slow for stills. Can I lock the SS in for certain modes?

Edit:

I realised I can use the T option on the shutter dial to preset shutter speeds.

Turn on "Movie Silent Control".