Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

As someone who has BMPCC4K on preorder and was a GH5 skeptic, I only recently used the GH5 in a shoot for the first time and was blown away by the ease of use. The gimbal ended up in the bag, and I shot the whole thing by hand. If it's anything like the micro 4/3 camera, along with a higher megapixel sensor (40 to 50), I'm jumping in.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, SR said:

As someone who has BMPCC4K on preorder and was a GH5 skeptic, I only recently used the GH5 in a shoot for the first time and was blown away by the ease of use. The gimbal ended up in the bag, and I shot the whole thing by hand. If it's anything like the micro 4/3 camera, along with a higher megapixel sensor (40 to 50), I'm jumping in.

The GH5 really is a fantastic camera. It's wild that we're nearing the 2 year anniversary of it and it still has so many features that others do not. 

5 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

The GH5 really is a fantastic camera. It's wild that we're nearing the 2 year anniversary of it and it still has so many features that others do not. 

Truly is. I still use my NX1 for all my photography assignments, and it is a monster workhorse. So if someone like Samsung or Panasonic decides to enter the FF market, I pay attention.

3 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

The GH5 really is a fantastic camera. It's wild that we're nearing the 2 year anniversary of it and it still has so many features that others do not. 

And here in Sweden it can sometimes be found for as little as about $1200 brand new. For that price it doesn't have much competition. Panasonic cameras are cheap here for some unknown reason.

3 hours ago, SR said:

The ease of use of the GH series is a real winner in fast-moving pro environments.  I'd often take that over other factors.

I thought about it. If Panasonic actually introduced a Full Frame ILC (instead of this new FF Varicam), it would crash their M43 Market.

Users would panic and wonder whether Panasonic has moved to a different format. Rumours alone would make it lose market share big time. 

3 hours ago, Palpet said:

And here in Sweden it can sometimes be found for as little as about $1200 brand new. For that price it doesn't have much competition. Panasonic cameras are cheap here for some unknown reason.

Has it been at that price for a long time, or only recently.

In Nikon or even Canon, if prices are unusually low, then it means that those are fake products. They do work and have most of the features of the original product. They sometimes exhibit more noise and may not be able to shoot at the full mentioned frame rate. Or maybe the pics are 12-bit instead of 14-bit. 

2 minutes ago, sanveer said:

I thought about it. If Panasonic actually introduced a Full Frame ILC (instead of this new FF Varicam), it would crash their M43 Market.

Users would panic and wonder whether Panasonic has moved to a different format. Rumours alone would make it lose market share big time. 

There was a rumor that Panasonic gonna streamline M43 line up few months ago

With this FF announcement it make sense, like Canon EOS R and EOS M

https://www.43rumors.com/ft3-panasonic-rumored-to-further-streamline-the-portfolio-down-to-gx-and-gh-line-only/

18 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

What are the chances they use the EF mount like on the EVA1? I suppose they could use the Leica mount but those lenses are so expensive. Or create a new mount? 

Interesting times. If I'm Sony I'm sweating, cause in the span of 6 or so weeks everyone looks to be coming out guns blazing, with them in the cross hairs. 

But non of them are well developed system,sony still way ahead,not to mention fuji and nikon still using sony sensors  

13 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

There was a rumor that Panasonic gonna streamline M43 line up few months ago

With this FF announcement it make sense, like Canon EOS R and EOS M

https://www.43rumors.com/ft3-panasonic-rumored-to-further-streamline-the-portfolio-down-to-gx-and-gh-line-only/

I am sure some people may disagree, but IMHO the majority of Panasonic woes wrt to sales have been due to Bad Marketing and After Sales. And with the LX100 ii, not listening to customers' feedback. If the rumours about the GH and GX line were true, there would be no LX100 ii.

The link shared (https://lumix.panasonic.eu/photokina-en/) seems to imply that 4 new cameras are going to be released at Photokina, so the GX and GH line-up being the sole cameras for the future also seem to make no sense.

Panasonic needs a Completely New Marketing and Advertisment Team. Also, their after sales is very disappointing. Their distribution has improved substantially, but there is still a lot of scope in that area.

29 minutes ago, sanveer said:

In Nikon or even Canon, if prices are unusually low, then it means that those are fake products. They do work and have most of the features of the original product. They sometimes exhibit more noise and may not be able to shoot at the full mentioned frame rate. Or maybe the pics are 12-bit instead of 14-bit. 

This price was offered to me a few weeks ago and came from the biggest on-line shop with full warranty.

9 minutes ago, Palpet said:

This price was offered to me a few weeks ago and came from the biggest on-line shop with full warranty.

Wow. I am just a little worried about Panasonic's claimed International Warranty (I had a terrible experience after picking up a GX85 from Australia when there were some quality control issues that Panasonic was unable to solve DESPITE sending it for servicing across 2 continents). Otherwise it seems pretty cheap to fly down and pick a few GH5. 

1 hour ago, sanveer said:

Goecker in Stockholm sells GH5 new for $2,100. Rajala's got it at $2,400. Kameradoktorn $2,400. 

$1,200 Brand New in Sweden, I call the bluff. Have the poster share the link!

B&H New York : $1,697.

• Super Members
1 hour ago, sanveer said:

Never on any forum, photo event or news outlet have I ever heard of this. Sounds like a fake rumor imo.

1 minute ago, Mattias Burling said:

Never on any forum, photo event or news outlet have I ever heard of this. Sounds like a fake rumor imo.

There are Many things you haven't heard of. That's why you aren't called the Oracle.

This is not a rumour. I Know people who have bought fake Nikon cameras. I haven't bought a Nikon or Canon in ages, so it didn't happen with me.

Do an online search before you attempt to call someone's information fake. You would look less misinformed and arrogant. 

2 minutes ago, sanveer said:

There are Many things you haven't heard of. That's why you aren't called the Oracle.

This is not a rumour. I Know people who have bought fake Nikon cameras. I haven't bought a Nikon or Canon in ages, so it didn't happen with me.

Do an online search before you attempt to call someone's information fake. You would look less misinformed and arrogant. 

I just looked up those prices at three major retailers online according to Google, and he's calling me a liar too. 

• Super Members
Just now, sanveer said:

Since you go for an attack instead of answering a simple and friendly question Im calling BS.

1 minute ago, jonpais said:

I just looked up those prices at three major retailers online according to Google, and he's calling me a liar too. 

But you are incorrect. I just checked all the biggest retailers here and they aren't listing the prices you claim. Plus you named some store I've never even heard of.

Why don't you for once just answer like a normal person instead of a troll?

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

Goecker in Stockholm sells GH5 new for $2,100. Rajala's got it at $2,400. Kameradoktorn $2,400. 

$1,200 Brand New in Sweden, I call the bluff. Have the poster share the link!

B&H New York : $1,697.

->

On 1/20/2017 at 2:33 AM, Cinegain said:

Yeah, you made me look into Scandinavian prices some time ago and I noticed funnily enough electronics can be had quite cheap there (just about everything else is pretty much expensive). Even managed to pick up a G7 on the cheap in person just before store closure at FotoKungen, Stockholm (quite late in the day, folks at Rajala didn't have stock but were nice enough to point me in their direction). Over the last few years I must've been in Gothenburg, Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo countless times... unfortunately those days seem over. I posted about a sick deal on Rajala around Black Friday/Cyber Monday: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/21128-last-minute-deal-for-swedes-upd-extended/ , but talking to them, they referred me to the Finnish site instead; which of course didn't have any good deals going on, in fact it was more expensive than here locally. fml

Not sure, but I think all these stores have a policy not to ship anything elsewhere? See, Cyberphoto seems the same... https://www.cyberphoto.se/leveransvillkor#leveransinformation-utom-sverige . Btw, for fun you should follow the links to the .no and .fi domains and see what happens.

[..]

Some sites that might be worth checking out for deals: basically the same thing but for the different regions: https://www.prisjakt.nu (Sweden) [..]

Also not sure where you get $2k+ from. As indeed they run $1500-1600 converted (you might've either looked at the kit with Leica zoom or GH5S rather than GH5 Body only).

Quite possible they accept better deals. For some reason electronics depreciate like crazy there, guess they earn so much, everyone's always repping the latest and greatest and the old stuff gets passed on to peasants at bargain prices or something. ?