Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, RWR said:

That was a quick return, webrunner

You know I really do like you. You are just like me. A pain in the Ass. Talented, and pretty up on lenses. But still a pain in the Ass. I thought I owed you at least that before I Really left. Adios..

15 minutes ago, Cambob3000 said:

possible topics:

How does everyone feel about USB-C options for recording? 

Is the lack of SDI out an issue?

What are some good external power options?

1. Great.

2. No.

3. I'd be interested to hear opinions on this, too. 

28 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Oh Jesus Christ I have owned at least 10 Canon Pro bodies. And I have beat the shit out of them, and there is NOT any metal on the outside of it. Other than screws that hold the damn thing together.

From the top of a 1d listed on ebay, you either haven't owned any Canon pro body or you didn't beat it up. Can you see the metal under the paint? All the swearing in the world doesn't change that fact. By your own definition, the body is clearly metal. SMH.

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 6.21.29 PM.png

29 minutes ago, Cambob3000 said:

possible topics:

1. Amazing. You can get some very affordable and fast usb-c SSD drives. Three options to record is pretty great.

2. Not for me. See point above.

3. I'm hoping you can use something like an Anker powercore through USB-C. I'd be satisfied with that plus a few LP-E6s.

41 minutes ago, Cambob3000 said:

possible topics:

I wish it used the same battery as my piece of shit GH5.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

The Body is not Magnesium alloy. It is made of plastic. The Chassis is Magnesium alloy. The Body is wrapped around the Chassis. How the hell Jesus Christ, I guess I Can't say it on here.

The body is magnesium. It’s wrapped in a stick on grippy vinyl material. Check Canon’s website. There’s really no debating this.

11 minutes ago, Logan said:

3. I'm hoping you can use something like an Anker powercore through USB-C. I'd be satisfied with that plus a few LP-E6s.

I believe the USB-C can only be used to charge the LP-E6 while the camera is powered off. When the camera is powered on then the USB-C can only be used as an external storage and not power. 

3 minutes ago, Don Kotlos said:

I believe the USB-C can only be used to charge the LP-E6 while the camera is powered off.

I haven't seen that anywhere, is there a source?  BM site says you can charge via usb-c but nothing about the camera being on or off.

3 hours ago, markr041 said:

I am glad you are rooting for Blackmagic and their anticompetitive strategy to increase market share. Stick to shooting video, you do not have a clue about the welfare consequences of business strategies and competition. Bundling is well known as an anti-competitive practice that hurts consumers. In this case, there are other editors that can or will work with the video from the new camera (duh, you think other software companies do not want people to use their software with the new camera?), and we should have the choice of what editor we want. Note, again, I have Resolve Studio - so this is not anti the software. But, I and all others that bought the software already lose from this practice. And those who do not want to use Resolve also lose. Who wins? BM. The only thing you have right is that they are trying to boost sales of Resolve, at the expense of consumer welfare.

Anticompetitive? Haha, now I've read it all. Give people more than what they expect for a steal of a price and some will still complain. Get a grip. Sell the dongle on ebay or buy another 'more competitive' camera for just over a grand that does internal 4k 12bit RAW and 10 Bit ProRes at 60p etc. 

The only thing ant competitive about BM is that they have just blown the competition out of the water.

Argh, that's why I try to avoid forums like this. People always whinging!

I'm guessing it'll be one or two more months. At least, with the original Pocket, I believe it was a few months before release that John Brawley uploaded the first sample footage. But as always, i could be mistaken.

Not Pocket footage, but a comparison between the GH5 and the Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K is enlightening, if for nothing other than color science. Granted, Matthew's using Natural profile, 4K 60p, 100Mbps. And the crop is different between the two cameras. But it really makes me wish Panasonic would allow turning down sharpening and NR in the GH5.

Does anyone think you could use the USB C for something other than power and storage?

What about say an external sound card with as many xlrs as you like all recorded to a new audio track? That would be great for events or live music shoots.

What else could it be used for?

1 hour ago, TwoScoops said:

^ Reading the comments, URSA is on the right there. I actually prefer the GH5.

Same, assumed the URSA was the one of the left.

I have recently got for my old Pocket a good power solution. It works more than 5 hours with this power bank powered by 5x hi quality 18650 batteries. You can also put it in a cell phone tripod mount to attach it to the camera. You need to get a LEMO connector to power a new BMPCC4K. 

1. Power Bank 5x18650 QD 185-TY ($20.8) https://www.dhgate.com/product/18650-power-bank-case-battery-holder-output/388633847.html

Size: 13cm* 8cm*2.0cm (5.1' x 3' x 0.8').

2. 5x VariCore New Original 18650 NCR18650B Rechargeable Li-ion battery 3.7V 3400mAh ($14.7) https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-lot-2015-100-New-Original18650-3-7V-3400mah-NCR18650B-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery-For-Panasonic-batteries/32433452171.html

3. Universal Cell Phone Tripod Mount ($3.9) https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/OOTDTY-Universal-Cell-Phone-Tripod-Mount-Clipper-Vertical-Bracket-Holder-360-Degree-Adjustable-4XFC-Drop-Ship/32833106727.html

3. 2 pin LEMO connector for BMPCC4K ($7.3) https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/LEMO-Connector-FGG-0B-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-Pin-Male-Connector-0B-FGG/32836029840.html

615fatvNKDL.jpg

HTB1SFuhl8DH8KJjy1zeq6xjepXaJ.jpg

HTB1nitoSFXXXXcDXFXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg

HTB13iQ0lPihSKJjy0Feq6zJtpXaV.jpg

14 hours ago, Logan said:

Honestly, at $1300...who cares. BM is trying to get more people into the resolve ecosystem and as others have said it isn't actually a cost for them at this point to include the software. 

Exactly. This camera could be priced at $2000 and it'd STILL be a steal.