Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

9 hours ago, Novim said:

An interesting read:  http://www.focuspulling.com/bmpcc4k-learning/

For example, "Bob insists that the Pocket 4K’s sensor is not the same manufacturing part as the one in the GH5S", Bob being Bob Caniglia of Blackmagic Design.

Hard to buy that. There are barely any M43 sensors on the market. Is there really another out there with the same oversized dimensions and dual ISO that we somehow haven't heard about?

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm not sure if the lack of adjustable screen is due to it being a 'cinema' camera where the world is expected to bend around the camera instead of the other way around, or if it was a size or cost measure, but the idea of it being a 'cinema' thing fits with the great attention and effort towards image specs and (relative) lack of effort towards ergonomics for hand-holding.

I must say that as someone who shoots in whatever conditions I am given, a tilt screen is worth a huge amount to me, enabling up to a third or half of my shots, either with a low angle or a high angle to get over the heads of the other tourists in front of me!

We're really seeing a merging of devices with cinema camera specs in an almost DSLR form-factor meeting DSLR and mirrorless cameras with video specs almost at cinema camera standards, but the two haven't merged yet.

It'll only be when we get a camera that shoots RAW but also has IBIS and a half-decent grip that we'll have achieved unification.

I'm waiting for that day eagerly! :)

3 hours ago, Dan Wake said:

why it's not smooth? its shaky....

is this camera too heavy?

The operator doesn't know how to move with it. There could also be balance/tuning issues.  The lack of basic operating skill evident in the video doesn't suggest a high degree of competence in the setup.   There are also fundamental limits to smooth gimbal operation without stabilizing arms.  Most gimbal review videos avoid showing how bad it can be, and how bad the operator is.  This explains brief cuts, shots in open areas and lots of slow motion.

In a word, another useless youtube gimbal review....  

Camera : Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K 
Shooting Format : 4:1 RAW at DCI 4K resolution 25P. ISO 800-2500
Shooting Frame Rate : DCI 4K 50fps 
Lens : Metabone Speedbooster 0.71xl EF to M 4/3 
Lens : LOMO Petzval 58mm ART Lens. 

Editing :Natively in RAW with DaVinci Resolve Studio 15 
Grading : DaVinci Resolve Studio 15 

Videocamera: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Ottica : Samyang 85mm T1.5 VDSLR Mark II AS IF UMC EF Adattatore: Metabones Canon EF BMPCC Camera T Speed Booster ISO: 200 e 3200 Video: ProRes HQ 4:2:2 10bit 

16 hours ago, Chrad said:

Hard to buy that. There are barely any M43 sensors on the market. Is there really another out there with the same oversized dimensions and dual ISO that we somehow haven't heard about?

No reason to doubt him.

It may be as simple as two bins with sensors in them next to each other with sensors identical EXCEPT for the part number.

He didn't say the SENSORS are different,  just the PART number.

3 hours ago, Snuff said:

In this video it is reported that all April pre-orders B&H will ship by the end of October. 

And this dude is who? Also I like his comment that he bought stuff for the camera for like 4 grand and don’t own a single other camera?