Canon Full Frame Mirrorless is just around the corner?

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

While I am sure a Canon (AND Nikon) FF mirrorless IS due fairly soon, equally I think that was put out to try and stop some going to the A7iii.

I think Canon (and Nikon) will both do very well in sales when they arrive and don't even need to beat Sony as long as they are competent enough.

On 3/26/2018 at 3:28 PM, noone said:

While I am sure a Canon (AND Nikon) FF mirrorless IS due fairly soon, equally I think that was put out to try and stop some going to the A7iii.

True. However, I also think the opposite is true.

Sony came out with the A7iii at a very aggressive price point because they were well aware that Canon and Nikon were likely to enter the high end mirrorless market within the next 12 months.

1 hour ago, Brother said:

Canon rumor, Canon hype, Canon announcement, Canon's behind every one else, Canon disappointment, Canon release day, Canon's best selling camera to date.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I can name a 1,000 company's that Used to be #1 or are tits up. Being #1 just means you Always have a Bullseye on your ass. And Canon has a HUGE Bullseye on it's ass. If you think Sony is just going to give up and go away, yeah right. Sony is a Pit Bull in the video market. Canon is the new guy on the block in that market.

26 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Canon is the new guy on the block in that market.

Huh? This statement is just silly and ignores actual facts.

I may be wrong, but wasn't Canon first with 1080p (5D2), first with 4k (1DC) and first with 4k60p (1DX2) in a stills/video hybrid? Plus they created arguably the best AF in the video realm with DPAF. And they have that Cinema line, which by all accounts is pretty successful.

Video is obviously not the driving factor in DSLR/mirrorless camera sales, since Canon's market share almost equals the rest of the camera industry combined. The "Canon is doomed because they can't compete with Sony/Panasonic in the specs/hardware" echo chamber on this site and others is silly. Jesus, how long have people been calling Canon the next Kodak? 

SMH.

Chris

Who the heck you think built all the Cameras that you watched on TV 40 years ago, Canon?? You think I used a Canon camera for ENG work at the TV station I worked at.? I am not talking about just cameras we can buy, I am talking all of it, Broadcast and all!. Canon is a young pup when it comes to video. Sony has been here hell since 1980 at the least. Even before that I bet. I am not just talking about Digital cameras alone. Plus Nikon had the Very first Digital DSLR, the Nikon D90. Canon came out soon after.

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎26 at 1:10 AM, Dunjoye said:

In before people complain about 4k having a cropped view and no active depaf in 4k

A full frame prosumer camera will not be like the M50. It will almost certainly have the additional electronics that the 1D/5D/7D cameras have, which should enable PDAF and hardware 4K at the same time.

The M50 is a basic model with stripped down internals to save on materials costs, FF prosumer MILCs from Canon will not be done that way, and we can expect superior performance. The M50 will be to the new prosumer FF MILCs the same as Rebels are to the 5D series in terms of performance.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Who the heck you think built all the Cameras that you watched on TV 40 years ago, Canon?? You think I used a Canon camera for ENG work at the TV station I worked at.? I am not talking about just cameras we can buy, I am talking all of it, Broadcast and all!. Canon is a young pup when it comes to video. Sony has been here hell since 1980 at the least. Even before that I bet. I am not just talking about Digital cameras alone. Plus Nikon had the Very first Digital DSLR, the Nikon D90. Canon came out soon after.

I didn't watch TV 40 years ago, and I didn't say first VDSLR, I said 1080p, which Canon was first. The d90 is a 720p camera. Sony wasn't first with 4k in that space, and they still haven't done a 4k60p hybrid. So your "pit bull" doesn't seem to have much bite. Besides, Canon has been making video cameras for decades going way back into tape days, you do know that, right?

I can't read your mind, so I have no clue what you're talking about and few forums are discussing Sony video cameras from the 80's or RCA tube TV cameras fro the 50's, because they're irrelevant to a discussion about a mirrorless hybrid camera in 2018.

Chris

14 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

I may be wrong, but wasn't Canon first with 1080p (5D2), first with 4k (1DC) and first with 4k60p (1DX2) in a stills/video hybrid? Plus they created arguably the best AF in the video realm with DPAF. And they have that Cinema line, which by all accounts is pretty successful.

Yet it was Panasonic that was first with 1080 24p, and for the vast majority of people Panasonic was "first" again with 4K (as the 1D C was so prohibitively expensive that most people could just about pretend it doesn't even exist....), ditto 1D X mk2 with 4K 60p as arguably for most people it was the GH5 which was "first" for them personally. 

9 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

The d90 is a 720p camera.

We can thank Nikon for that first ever HDSLR, if not for the D90 then I bet Canon might very well have dragged their feet a little while longer and not have included video in the 5Dmk2 just like how they missed the boat with the Canon 50D in going 95% of the way there yet still deciding against putting video in the 50D!

13 hours ago, Brother said:

Or do you mean the hybrid large sensor video market that Canon started?

Canon didn't start it. Nikon did!

1 hour ago, Robin Billingham said:

Wow! that is really significant.

There were rumors of a C camera imminent (most people guessed C100 or C300 mkIII) and an XC camera. It wouldn't make any sense to have 2 entry level cameras (the C100 and the XC) announced together, so that means the other camera will be an XC. If it is (the rumor of a rumor!) an XC with an EF-M mount, it will be interesting for low budget video makers, together with the Eos M kit lens/22mm/11-22mm you have a quite cheap and complete set for a lot of low budget jobs, that can pay the bills.

Here, I just created another rumor! 

The other significant thing, is that Canon has a mirrorless new sensor, and go mirrorless all the way!

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Still leaps and bounds better than any other options people had back then on a budget!

Agree to disagree!

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

The other significant thing, is that Canon has a mirrorless new sensor, and go mirrorless all the way!

This! I don't see myself getting this first pro body but a mirrorless version in the 6D range, if specced OK, would be tempting!