GreekBeast

Sony a7 III discussion

Finally got a7iii, took over a months wait, the shop said it will be in short supply til Xmas time.

so far colour is not my cup of tea, gonna take while to get used to it

Also ordered MFT to E mount adapter so I can use Laowa 7.5mm on A7, its my fav UW lens! Much tinier than Laowa 15mm f2 or 9mm f2.8. And also gonna see if olympus 9mm fisheye body lens cap would work it

354B46B4-1840-46A1-8505-1B436FCBD565.jpeg

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/2/2018 at 8:11 PM, Aussie Ash said:

The bearded Kiwi may find this one interesting for the soundtrack

It might surprise you but I don't read every thread on EOSHD! 
So only just saw this and, whoa, that lav in the opening scene is massive compared to the top she is wearing! The lav is almost giving her more coverage than her clothes.

Yes, that is what my eye was drawn too as well!

Out of curiosity I researched some of her other videos too, seems to be a common theme of not just exposed lav (kinda sort of forgivable for youtube vloggers) but even exposed wires!!! :-/  Sigh. 

1 hour ago, heart0less said:

@Geoff CB I really dig the colors.

Was it shot using the EOSHD v4 or your GFILM?

GFILM with my "INSTA" LUT,  added Saturation and some minor LIFT/GAMMA/GAIN
Funny thing is that it's from a comparison I was doing with multiple settings. All I think look great. Also keep in mind EOSHD in this comparison is straight out of camera compared to the others using LUT's.

settings comparison.jpg

1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

GFILM with my "INSTA" LUT,  added Saturation and some minor LIFT/GAMMA/GAIN
Funny thing is that it's from a comparison I was doing with multiple settings. All I think look great. Also keep in mind EOSHD in this comparison is straight out of camera compared to the others using LUT's.

settings comparison.jpg

Got some pretty decent results as well using ACES and S-Log 2. Didn't work as good on the A7 SII (banding)

49 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

A7III seem to stretch video a bit, but man that attract swarm of Sony fanboys at comment section

Hardly seeing any fanboys whatsoever. Most viewers appreciate Caleb’s work, and the comments section shows that. 

16 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Hardly seeing any fanboys whatsoever. Most viewers appreciate Caleb’s work, and the comments section shows that. 

Well otherwise he wouldn't put this disclaimer up

Whoo hoo comments are fun on this one! Couple things: 1) I'm not a Sony hater. LOVE my A7 III! This isn't a deal breaker for me shouldn't be for you either. 2) I posted this for science. Not to dis or promote any brand. I found it very interesting. 3) Some say this was a pointless or click bait loaded video. Do you think Sony messing up aspect ratios is a big deal?

2 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Well otherwise he wouldn't put this disclaimer up

The fact remains, there is not a swarm of fanboy comments on Caleb’s video. Perhaps a few isolated instances, but I couldn’t find them.

7 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Keep being blown away at the detail in the full frame files, it's surprisingly close to the URSA sensor for me, with the added benefit of great high-iso performance.

Gfilmafter_1.11.3.jpg

Same here. The a7 III's got fine color and detail. Screengrab below no color correction at all in post.

screengrab