Jump to content
瞿盛龙

Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

 

Wow!!

That has to be the coolest looking camera I've ever seen. So small yet so much power! Brilliant. 

I really really hope the image quality doesn't dissappoint. 

The (cinematic) image quality of the KineMini 4K/KineMax 6K is comparable with RED/ALEXA (unlike the Ursa Mini...) 

As a happy KineMini 4K owner I'll bet it will kick ass 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Homerus said:

 

Great looking footage. But the Mini 4.6K footage looks just as nice imo.

It sounded like you had shot or at least seen side by sides. Guess I have to wait until I can make the call which looks better.

Also saying it looks like both the Alexa and Red (which Red btw) is wierd since they look so different. At least imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Great looking footage. But the Mini 4.6K footage looks just as nice imo.

It sounded like you had shot or at least seen side by sides. Guess I have to wait until I can make the call which looks better.

Also saying it looks like both the Alexa and Red (which Red btw) is wierd since they look so different. At least imo.

 

The Mini 4.6k looks more modern to me. Whether that's good or bad is subjective. 

The Terra has many benefits over the Ursa Mini 4.6k too - such as higher resolutions, higher FPS, much smaller, much lighter, much more modular, switchable shutter (the irony!), can be speed boosted, mount changeable, can be powered with smaller Sony batteries, SSD's...... 

If the image quality is up there with the Ursa Mini 4.6k, which I believe it will be (seeing previous footage from other models) - it's almost a no-brainer for many cinematic shooters. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Great looking footage. But the Mini 4.6K footage looks just as nice imo.

It sounded like you had shot or at least seen side by sides. Guess I have to wait until I can make the call which looks better.

Also saying it looks like both the Alexa and Red (which Red btw) is wierd since they look so different. At least imo.

The Terra is a different story. That I havent even started looking at. I was just wondering about the statement above on the Kine Mini 4K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Great looking footage. But the Mini 4.6K footage looks just as nice imo.

It sounded like you had shot or at least seen side by sides. Guess I have to wait until I can make the call which looks better.

Also saying it looks like both the Alexa and Red (which Red btw) is wierd since they look so different. At least imo.

You can download DNG's from Kinefinity's website to compare. I've been closely following the 4.6K and it absolutely is very nice, I even considered buying it. But it just doesn't have that cinematic (or "filmic") quality that Red/Arri/F55/Kinefinity have. It's more of a mix between FS7 and Red to me. Like Oliver said it has a more modern feel to it.

11 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

 

The Mini 4.6k looks more modern to me. Whether that's good or bad is subjective. 

The Terra has many benefits over the Ursa Mini 4.6k too - such as higher resolutions, higher FPS, much smaller, much lighter, much more modular, switchable shutter (the irony!), can be speed boosted, mount changeable, can be powered with smaller Sony batteries, SSD's...... 

If the image quality is up there with the Ursa Mini 4.6k, which I believe it will be (seeing previous footage from other models) - it's almost a no-brainer for many cinematic shooters. 

 

Even the KineMini 4K is still on par with the Ursa Mini 4.6K, and that cam is one and a half years old now. But it has a very different "feel" to it, a feel I happen to really like. If I know Kinefinity, they'll up the game even more with the Terra. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

What is the approximate resolution with the groundglass?

the screen inside forbes is effectively an infinite resolution once it's moving .  the limitations are mainly derived from these aspects:-  

1.the sensor on the relay camera (1080p with the current bmpcc sensor),  

2.the relay lens between the screen and the sensor (currently capable of providing just over 4k of optical resolution (averaged over entire frame) to the sensor).  

3. the lens on the front of forbes70 (a good quality schneider 80mm/2.8 will happily provide 56mpx onto an 80mm image circle).  

doing a crop to the 65mm wide screen area down to smaller - ie, 56mm - a 9mm reduction in sensor width allows the relay optics in forbes to be used closer to their optimum and I'd estimate that the optical resolution will increase to around 5-6k onto a s35mm sensor.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, richg101 said:

the screen inside forbes is effectively an infinite resolution once it's moving .  the limitations are mainly derived from these aspects:-  

1.the sensor on the relay camera (1080p with the current bmpcc sensor),  

2.the relay lens between the screen and the sensor (currently capable of providing just over 4k of optical resolution (averaged over entire frame) to the sensor).  

3. the lens on the front of forbes70 (a good quality schneider 80mm/2.8 will happily provide 56mpx onto an 80mm image circle).  

doing a crop to the 65mm wide screen area down to smaller - ie, 56mm - a 9mm reduction in sensor width allows the relay optics in forbes to be used closer to their optimum and I'd estimate that the optical resolution will increase to around 5-6k onto a s35mm sensor.

Thanks that means a 4k s35 sensor will give a very nice image.

Did you make the groundglass yourself? How does the grain of the glass afect the image quality? I know from the dslr that finer grain gives you higher transmittance but smoother dof transitions (larger DoF) whereas larger grain looses more light but the transition into focus is much more abrupt. Sorry I cannot explain it better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...