Original camera files - download and share!

Andrew Reid

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Experimenting with the GX85.  Shooting under sub-optimal conditions.  Bright mid-day light, hard shadows, etc.  Cheap Chinese speedbooster with a 55mm f1.2 FD lens, B&W 64x ND, and a Tiffen circular polarizer.  No lens hood.  Neutral color profile -5 -5 -5 -5.  Most shots @f2.

Here's source footage straight from the cam:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/694tsb6iwy5y6um/AABOcE_3WUiCMY18xyOuTLEaa/GX85?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 1:06 PM, AaronChicago said:

@AaronChicago thanks for these dngs, i didnt realize how much i liked this camera, and as soon as i opened the first one you posted i was like Wow! looks good and so easy to work with!

is moire much of a problem? the gentlemans tie in the last frame is a p challenging pattern i know

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 9:25 PM, kaylee said:

@AaronChicago thanks for these dngs, i didnt realize how much i liked this camera, and as soon as i opened the first one you posted i was like Wow! looks good and so easy to work with!

is moire much of a problem? the gentlemans tie in the last frame is a p challenging pattern i know

Yeah, moire is still a problem unfortunately. Not nearly as bad as the pocket or BMCC. I'm hoping that Mosaic Engineering will release an OLPF for the 4.6K.

• 5 weeks later...

@AaronChicago just downloaded the dng you uploaded and wow that has alot of range and was super fun to play with! Forenote: the only video footage I have experience grading has been from my nikon d5200 and flat profiles from my d5300. I love how the look the footage has to it. Do you remember what lens/lighting you shot for that scene? (The one with the man and macbook )

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

@AaronChicago just downloaded the dng you uploaded and wow that has alot of range and was super fun to play with! Forenote: the only video footage I have experience grading has been from my nikon d5200 and flat profiles from my d5300. I love how the look the footage has to it. Do you remember what lens/lighting you shot for that scene? (The one with the man and macbook )

Dustin, I'm 90% sure I was using the Canon 24-105 that day. F4. No lighting at all other than the window of the coffee shop.

Fujifilm X-T2 Here some SOOC footage with different settings.

Please ignore the framing! It was a quick & dirty test (and I actually don't know how I changed my position in the last moment).

I think reducing the color in the camera settings gives more freedom in grading. But to exploit the film simulations it might be good to leave it on 0 (I even consider pushing color). I just don't want to loose information. Here I give you links to footage with different settings.

Pro Neg Std. with Color = 0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ka8nosswluaotb/ProNegStdColor0.MOV?dl=0

Classic Chrome with Color = -4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u32vyr998ui84il/ClassicChromeColor-4.MOV?dl=0

Classic Chrome with Color = 0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzmr3yn4p6vgr2p/ClassicChromeColor0.MOV?dl=0

(all other settings are Highlight & Shadow Tone = -2, Sharpness = -4)

Looking at the black grill cover I hardly see information loss in the blacks. And the look of the film simulation outweighs the loss I recognized.

Of course, if you are picky about colour, the film simulations wont shorten your time for grading (you knew that, didn't you), but the final result looks amazing. I hope, that Fujifilm develops an additional motion picture film simulation as part of the firmware upgrade (like they did with Classic Chrome).

Please, give me some feedback in terms of information loss and regarding the benefit of increasing the colour of the film simulation.