Blackmagic Camera Update Feb 17

Anaconda_

Based on the fact it's bundled in with the ATEM Mini update, and that seems to be the headline; I doubt there will be any new camera announcements - but it'd be nice to be proven wrong.

I'm hoping for new firmware with extra braw compression ratios - from what I've read q3 is a perfect, use all the time option.

I'm also hoping for Gen5 colour in the Pocket cameras. I know I can switch it in post, but in camera would be preferable.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think there is room between the USRA Mini Pro 4.6k G2 and the USRA Mini Pro 12k for an USRA Mini Pro 8k for $7,500 that is basically the USRA Mini 12k that restricts the resolution to a downsampled 8k image. This could also be upgradable for $3,500 to 12k including installing the 12k enabling board at a local Blackmagic dealer.

I would like to see the Pocket 6k sensor with M4/3 mount in a Micro Cinema Camera body with SDI output and dual micro XLR microphone inputs for $2495.

I would like to see a 6k global shutter sensor with M4/3 mount in a Micro Cinema Camera body with SDI output and dual micro XLR microphone inputs for $2995.

I wold like to see a Pocket 6k with M4/3's mount for $1995. I assume there is very little research and development that is required to create this product variation.

I would purchase any of the above 6k M4/3 configurations if and when available.

13 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Based on the fact it's bundled in with the ATEM Mini update, and that seems to be the headline; I doubt there will be any new camera announcements - but it'd be nice to be proven wrong.

I'm hoping for new firmware with extra braw compression ratios - from what I've read q3 is a perfect, use all the time option.

I'm also hoping for Gen5 colour in the Pocket cameras. I know I can switch it in post, but in camera would be preferable.

Their PR ahead of announcing the UMP12K was pretty low-key so who knows!

5 hours ago, majoraxis said:

I think there is room between the USRA Mini Pro 4.6k G2 and the USRA Mini Pro 12k for an USRA Mini Pro 8k for $7,500 that is basically the USRA Mini 12k that restricts the resolution to a downsampled 8k image. This could also be upgradable for $3,500 to 12k including installing the 12k enabling board at a local Blackmagic dealer.

I would like to see the Pocket 6k sensor with M4/3 mount in a Micro Cinema Camera body with SDI output and dual micro XLR microphone inputs for $2495.

I would like to see a 6k global shutter sensor with M4/3 mount in a Micro Cinema Camera body with SDI output and dual micro XLR microphone inputs for $2995.

I wold like to see a Pocket 6k with M4/3's mount for $1995. I assume there is very little research and development that is required to create this product variation.

I would purchase any of the above 6k M4/3 configurations if and when available.

BM seem to be a random number generator with their features, with each camera kind of being like the first camera from a startup company trying to fill a little gap they've found in the market.

They could either do something sensible like creating a new camera that fits into an existing lineup and uses the same lens-mount and accessories etc, or they could go wild with another one-off offering, who knows.

It could just as easily be a medium format 20K "pocket" camera with a PL mount, or a 6K 1" sensor C-Mount action/crash "cinema" camera.

29 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

The ATEM Pro Extreme is nice but I wish they'd gone with SDI instead of HDMI. 

I was about to be furious about the Extreme's pricing until he said that there was a separate ISO model. I already begrudgingly sold my Atem Mini Pro when the ISO came out only months later so the thought that they'd add 4 more inputs for only $100 more was giving me flashbacks. The two new models seem very well priced/specced.