Black Magic 4k wait or buy

enny

Hi guys its time for me to buy a new camera i did have black magic 2.5k but sold it to buy 4k. I am thinking to go with BM 4k since the price is right but i am thinking to wait until end of summer before jumping in because i am not sure if other companies  will come out with something better for same price and BM 4k is Canon EF Compatible Lens Mount does this mean i can only use canon lens because i have some old lenses that i use like nikkor on 60d with adapter can i attach adapter to BM4k?

What would you guys do?

Thanks guys

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I would wait.  Not only may there be new cameras, but there appear to be quality problems with the BMPC (bands and lines running through images).  Also the firmware is not done yet (no raw).  To me, the camera still appears to be in beta.

Michael

Hi guys its time for me to buy a new camera i did have black magic 2.5k but sold it to buy 4k. I am thinking to go with BM 4k since the price is right but i am thinking to wait until end of summer before jumping in because i am not sure if other companies  will come out with something better for same price and...

The ancient wisdom says, "The best camera is always the one that comes right after you've just bought a new camera."

Therefore, buy a camera, any camera, when you need one. If you don't need one, then wait until you do. Simple as that.

Nevertheless, as long as Blackmagic cameras and their recent track record are concerned, waiting for a while has turned out to be a good policy. First with the BMCC and the delivery issues, then the price drop, then with BMPCC and its orb issues, and now BMPC and its minor teething issues, along with a price drop. Even if the price won't drop any longer, they may still tweak some performance issues, pretty much like they did with the Pocket.

Just my 2c.

The ancient wisdom says, "The best camera is always the one that comes right after you've just bought a new camera."

Reminds me of the old "The grass is always greener on the other side of the lens".

...And yeah, considering what has been announced around the last few NAB's, I'd say wait until that if possible.