Panasonic S5 User Experience

herein2020

There is an R5/R6 user experience thread so I figured it was safe to start a Panasonic S5 user experience thread.  I've only shot with it for a few hours, mostly setting up (and learning) the menus and I know there are already endless YouTube reviews, but I thought I'd share my thoughts on my experience so far; completely unbiased, unsponsored and as someone who will use this camera for everything from music videos to weddings and if all goes well I might even use it for photo shoots.

Since there is so much that I like about this camera I've decided to just put my dislikes first because it is such a short list.

• The Grip - This is my biggest dislike. holding the camera is so uncomfortable. The grip is really shallow and the strap mount sticks out and digs into your hand when you are holding it in a landscape configuration. Not so much a problem with video for me since I use the back display, but using the viewfinder for images is very uncomfortable. I'm going to try getting a dual battery grip to see if that improves it. The R6 by comparison feels like it was custom molded for my hands.
  • The Lens Mount - I knew this going into it, but there are so few native Panasonic lenses for this camera that I will have to use an adapter which I hate doing. I know more lenses are coming but they are very expensive and everything I've read says the Sigma versions focus very slowly. I would love a Voigtlander fully manual 35mm lens for gimbal work like I have for the GH5. I have no idea yet what I will do for photography or if I will ever trust this camera for paid photo shoots.
  • The Battery - I don't understand the battery at all. It fits the GH5 and has contacts for the GH5 yet for the S5 the contacts are on the other side? Why didn't they do what Canon did and simply make a higher capacity battery with the same contacts?  Not only are spare batteries impossible to find right now, this means all of my GH5 batteries won't work in this camera....so annoying.

Ok, short list over now lets get to the stuff I care about that made me realize this was truly the camera for me. I first ordered the R6 and returned it (horrible user experience for my needs) so I am going to kind of compare my experience with the S5 to the R6 since they probably kind of are targeted to the same buyer and since it is hard to ignore the Canon hype machine even when you know about the R6's overheating issues. 

• No Overheating - Ok we all know that but I had to put it out there anyway. This was the number one reason I returned the R6. The S5 on the other hand shoots glorious 4K until the card fills up (some limitations of course for 10 bit and 60FPS but it does have unlimited modes). Even if the R6 didn't overheat you would still hit that 30min limit and every single 4K mode overheated.
  • Dual Slot Video Recording - The S5 gives me every option I could want and even a few I don't care about. The R6 will only record to a single slot.
  • Electronic Level Meter - The S5 has it....of course, and it actually stays on while recording video. For some crazy reason the R6 disables the electronic level from showing on screen while recording video.
  • XLR Audio Module - As annoyed as I am at Panasonic for the battery situation, the XLR module from the GH5 works with the S5 so all is almost forgiven. The R6 of course has nothing for XLR. I tested the module today, the S5 recognized it instantly and the audio was perfect.
  • Free VLOG - Ok "Free" is a very generous term, but it does not cost extra. And this is real VLOG not some flavor that just flattens the profile, unlike the R6 which currently ships with CLOG. Canon said CLOG3 was coming in the future, but who knows if it will actually include the R6 or when "the future" really is.
  • Body Quality - The S5 actually feels slightly lower quality than the body of the GH5, but that could be because it is lighter and smaller. Regardless, the quality feels way better than the R6.
  • Sync/Desync Photo/Video Settings - It took me a long time to find, but it is possible to separate the photo and video settings and you even get to pick which ones stay synced with the other. When running and gunning you want shutter angle, VLOG, etc for video and shutter speed, Natural profile, etc for photos. You can set it so that they are completely separate, not all cameras let you do that and even the R6 did not let me pick which settings to keep in sync (i.e. keep just ISO the same between the two). 
  • Dial Position - It is great to have the video mode and Manual photo mode side by side on the dial. The R6 had them at literally opposite ends of the dial....very annoying.
  • Dedicated Buttons - There is a dedicated ISO button and a AF/MF switch on the lens. The R6 had neither. I use the AF / MF lens switch all the time, its the fastest way to be 100% certain all of the AF stuff is off, especially if you are switching between photos and video.
  • Video Footage - The footage out of the camera so far to me in with my very limited testing is incredible, I didn't think Panasonic had it in them. The colors are perfect to my eyes, the codecs are super easy to play back in VLC and actually easier to edit in Davinci Resolve than the GH5's footage. Both 4K60FPS and 4K30FPS play smoothly even after color grading. So far the footage grades as easily as the R6 footage with the added benefits of not needing proxies.
  • Codecs - You get to pick H.264 or H.265 and still get to shoot in VLOG and 4:2:2 10bit. For some crazy reason Canon with the R6 forces you to shoot in H.265 if you want to use CLOG. I will happily sacrifice a little storage space to never have to try to edit H.265 again.
  • Manual Focus Features - I hated the focus rings on the Panasonic MFT lenses, they were non linear which made manual focusing nearly impossible. I ended up getting manual Voigtlander lenses instead. Panasonic has fixed that big time; not only can you now pick linear you can even pick how many degrees to go from stop to stop. I think the R6 let me pick linear but not the focus throw. I do miss Canon's 3 little triangles when manually focusing, to me that's still the best MF guide in the industry. On my S5, focus peaking doesn't seem to work; its on but I can't see it so I have to play with that some more.
  • Timelapse Photography - Ok I had to throw this one in there. Maybe other cameras have this, but this is literally the first camera I have ever owned that lets you do a time lapse in body without an intervalometer AND that lets you take more than 99 images. That's always been a pet peeve of mine for most cameras. 
  • Wireless Flash Control - Another pet peeve of mine answered by Panasonic, it can wirelessly control up to 4 flashes without needing an additional transmitter. Of course I'll never use this feature since I already have a complete flash system, but for someone starting out this means even less gear to lug around and to buy.
  • Big Red Recording Box - Who hasn't thought they were recording when they weren't? I turned on the big red box right away (as soon as I found it). This is great, and will definitely help in the future. The R6 of course didn't have this.
  • LVF Button - I didn't understand how important this was until I shot with the R6. It was so annoying in the R6 to have to  pick view finder or back screen display. If you picked view finder you had to go into the view finder and navigate back to the setting to change it back. If you picked auto, the screen kept shutting off on me when the camera got to close to my hand or body. Maybe you could map a custom button but I like leaving all of them at their defaults. For the S5 if you want to turn off the viewfinder sensor just press the LVF button...switch to just the VF press it again, switch to auto press it again. So easy to disable/enable one or the other. Auto mode is terrible, switches off the screen all the time if anything gets near the sensor.

Here is my neutral list, either I don't really have an opinion yet either way, or I haven't tested the camera enough to feel good or bad about it.

• Photography Capabilities - I'm still kind of neutral on the photography department. All I have is the kit lens and didn't have time to try the photography part. If it comes even close to the R6's photo performance that will be good enough for me.  My Sigma adapter gets here Friday so I will be able to test it with my Canon lenses.
  • Auto Focus - I never used it in the GH5 but this time around it is different because I want to try the photography features as well. In my brief testing, the AF worked fine for photography. It still has the hybrid AF option where you half press the shutter button for the initial focus then can fine tune it using the focus ring so that's good enough for me for video.
  • Menu System - It is improved a bit over the GH5 but still nowhere near as intuitive to me as Canon's menus. I think once I set up my Favorites menu it will be fine, but there's so many features I'm having a hard time finding some of them. I never did learn the GH5's menus, I just created a video Favorites list and that's all I use. My 5DIV is a different story.

Final Thoughts - This camera makes me wish I was a travel photographer/videographer. It has so many uncompromised features that would be so useful when traveling that you could practically literally bring just this camera, a wireless flash, XLR module, a few lav mics, variable ND filters, a small video light, travel tripod, and shoot just about anything photo or video. I'm already thinking about projects that I want to shoot with this camera vs the R6 where all I could think about was if it would even make it through the shoot.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well my initial thoughts will be slightly shorter than your much more detailed report @herein2020 but I will add more as time goes by.

First, why did I buy this camera, where was I coming from and intended use?

Long time Fuji XT3 user, hoped an XH2 would have been with us by now but no signs and though the XT4 would do the job for me, the lenses do not. Great images, both stills and video and though the bodies are very video capable, I feel the lenses are not, so it was time to change.

I have 4 basic requirements:

1: a personal/travel camera relatively compact that delivers very high quality results.

2: a camera that can do 50-100mp landscape photography.

3: a static video unit that can do 4k 60p for 30 minutes at a wedding and doesn’t have overheating problems.

4: a pair of hybrid units each with a prime, 4k 60p 10bit internal, IBIS.

The S5 for me definitely ticks 3 of those boxes and all 4 if I can live with the focus for video in the hybrid role at weddings. 
So far so good and though I initially had some buyers remorse, I have none now and love the thing.

I love the grip, but then I came from an XT3 so nuff said!

The AF has so far proved to be erratic but I already knew that and for 95% of my use, I can and will be using mf. I do have a need for AF though if only a few times on a shoot and that is a potential issue that I may avoid completely by getting and using a pair of Nikon Z6ii’s for my use need 4:

AF accuracy on a brief photo shoot scored 71/72 and the single oof was user error.

The quality of both stills and video is stunning. I am not big into grading and though I shoot raw for stills, prefer not to shoot log for video.

I shot all the video material on the natural profile yesterday for a promo video and SOOC it looks gorgeous. I have yet to edit it and tweak it, but I can already see it’s very good.

I had a couple of very minor issues yesterday but pretty much all due to lack of familiarity with the system and user error, but nothing that is going to be a problem that I can see so far.

Re. lenses, I only have one and that is the 20-60 which was surprisingly decent in lowish light and not too shabby with DOF. For the price, this lens is really good and though it does not replace a set of primes, especially for my hybrid wedding work, for my other 3 case needs, it’s perfect.

Summary, so far, 9.5/10 and it would be for me a genuine ‘perfect’ camera if it had PDAF.

OK, I wasn’t that short... 😉

Most people I have heard from on another forum that shall remain nameless suggest that AF for stills is excellent. 

I think the main problem is the AF in video, and in particular when shooting in VLOG. And then again, in particular, when shooting at 24 / 25 / 30 fps, less so at 50 / 60 fps.

And backlit subjects in particular seem to throw a big wrench in to the works.

I'm looking forward to the firmware update for the S1 to give it the AF features (and hopefully more) of the S5.

Wondering out loud:  The Panasonic DMW-XLR1 XLR adapter is intriguing, but I already have a Tascam DR-60D MK II that I bought for about $140 and I just don't expect the $400 Panasonic adapter to be significantly better. Plus I trip over cables a lot so I am not sure I want something in my hot shoe that I might drop kick out.

Finally got S5 back from friend, I do love the look of s5 more than other brand.. really digging the vintage vibe it gives out!

The Sigma 45mm 2.8 have this clicking sound when in video AF, in MF it is silent. Wonder has anyone else encounter this? The 20-60 is quite silent on the other hand.

20201007_203532.jpg

Well here's my first use of the S5.

Neutral profile, no tweaks to any in camera settings, SOOC, 4k 50p shot in shutter priority 1/100 with the 20-60mm kit lens.

Clips imported into Premiere and only adjustments have been to the speed which is 50% for the visuals.

Password = Woodworker

2 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Most people I have heard from on another forum that shall remain nameless suggest that AF for stills is excellent. 

I think the main problem is the AF in video, and in particular when shooting in VLOG. And then again, in particular, when shooting at 24 / 25 / 30 fps, less so at 50 / 60 fps.

And backlit subjects in particular seem to throw a big wrench in to the works.

I'm looking forward to the firmware update for the S1 to give it the AF features (and hopefully more) of the S5.

Wondering out loud:  The Panasonic DMW-XLR1 XLR adapter is intriguing, but I already have a Tascam DR-60D MK II that I bought for about $140 and I just don't expect the $400 Panasonic adapter to be significantly better. Plus I trip over cables a lot so I am not sure I want something in my hot shoe that I might drop kick out.

For me the biggest benefit is not having to synch audio in post, and my main setup is with a cage, the adapter, and a wireless lav receiver bolted to the cage. With that setup there are no wires. I've even had a client who wanted to walk and talk and I managed to get the adapter on the cage and everything balanced on the Ronin S while carrying an audio bag and keeping the receiver in the audio bag. Not very elegant but it worked.

I also have had the GH5 on a tripod and used the wired setup plenty of times. Last but not least I've used a wireless mic the adapter and the receiver to do some impromptu interviews at events. I do have a MixPre but that's for bigger events with multiple speakers. I'm not sure that the sound is any better than the Tascam, but I love the convenience. I literally just carry the adapter, a 20' cable, and a lav mic to every hybrid shoot even if there are no plans for audio in case the need arises, I didn't do that when I used a Tascam because it was one more thing to charge, worry about in the heat, etc.

For the AF...I really don't understand who is using AF that much in video, I've tried it on the C200 (turned it off immediately), tried it on the R6 (it got lost when filming a group of dancers), etc. I just don't trust it for video, no matter who makes it. I get it if something is moving fast towards you and you don't have a focus puller, but there's so many tricks to keep things in focus manually, and so many scenarios where MF is very easy that I personally don't get the AF concerns. There's a few times on a gimbal where I wish I had AF, but I feel like there's no guarantee AF would have been reliable anyway in those scenarios.

2 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Finally got S5 back from friend, I do love the look of s5 more than other brand.. really digging the vintage vibe it gives out!

The Sigma 45mm 2.8 have this clicking sound when in video AF, in MF it is silent. Wonder has anyone else encounter this? The 20-60 is quite silent on the other hand.

20201007_203532.jpg

I have the Sigma 18-55 on my C200, it is too loud as well in AF....unusable with an on camera shotgun mic. Yet another reason I like MF. 

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

Neutral profile, no tweaks to any in camera settings, SOOC, 4k 50p shot in shutter priority 1/100 with the 20-60mm kit lens.

Clips imported into Premiere and only adjustments have been to the speed which is 50% for the visuals.

Password = Woodworker

Awesome work, the quality is incredible. The opening scene alone blew me away....you can actually see through the open door and the interior at the same time, and that's not even using CLOG? My GH5 would have never done that. I'm not even sure about the C200. I can't imaging what this camera will do with even better lenses. Very nice camera work as well, if it would just stop raining here in FL, I'll be able to get out and shoot.

1 hour ago, herein2020 said:

The opening scene alone blew me away....you can actually see through the open door and the interior at the same time

I could push that relatively easily in post if I wanted to as there is decent latitude it seems in the highlights and the shadows are not too noisy.

Not sure what the ISO was but I shot everything auto-ISO set 100-6400, wide open...or as wide open as that lens will allow so anything from f3.5-5-6 and monopod.

I deliberately did not try out lot's of stuff on the day as I wanted consistency throughout the shoot.

The only real variable I threw in was flitting between AF and MF and for AF used single point.

I know a blacksmith local to me who is another friend so I'll try and convince/tell him I need to shoot him at work next week.

I think I'll try handheld and the IBIS next time but otherwise, maybe bring the highlights down one notch, the shadows up one and the sharpness down one, but otherwise happy with this is a starting point.

I can't stand shooting log...well not previously anyway with XT3 that had no on screen LUT so very much shoot based on it looking right on the rear LCD and the histogram (but the former more than the latter).

And that rear screen, I'm not sure what res it is, but I think it's pretty good, no complaints.

51 minutes ago, Amazeballs said:

- absence of cheap compact lenses 

- AF

- no FF 4k60 

Not sure about price, but the 85mm f1.8 is due next month according to the roadmap and the 24mm, 35mm and 50mm (I think those are the other 3 focal lengths) coming early next year?

No idea on price but I reckon somewhere between 500-1000 Dollars/Euros/Pounds?

All these f1.4's and 1.2's even are great, but IMO just overkill for my needs and f1.8/2 is a sweetspot for me.

Another thing I like about the look of them is they are all identical it appears in size, hoods, everything. That appeals to me. A lot.

I'm only interested in the 35mm and 85mm though...and that is the same if I go Z6ii for my hybrid wedding needs.

Jury is still out on the AF. It's not Canon, Sony or even Nikon fast and that's a given and I suspect Fuji also beats it. I have very uses for AF really (previously just laziness) but there are times I do need it so will look at that more closely over the next few weeks. Really, I just need a wedding to shoot as there's nothing better to test something than your actual real world use!

I don't much care personally about the lack of FF 4k 60p. In fact, I prefer that it's cropped as I like to shoot a bit tighter and so this 20-60mm lens works more like a 30-90mm which for my needs is perfect. Ideally it would be a constant aperture f2.8, but then it would not be so small and light and would then kill it for me as a relatively compact travel/hiking lens so...

So my list is kinda short too. I had the GH5S and I was not really happy with how the video footage intercut with my S1H. It also put me at a massive disadvantage because of the low megapixel count. So I sold off the GH5S with grip, PanaLeica 12-60 f/2.8-4 lens and 5 OEM batteries for a ridiculously low price ($1500) to get me the following things:

• A worthy companion to my S1H in the video department, in color, resolution, dynamic range and codecs.
  • An equal to the S1H for my ever increasing photo gigs.

The first thing that I noticed was how small this thing is! I don't have this as a pro or a con, but in any case, it's a significant departure from the S1H.

The next thing that shocked me was the removal of the VFR and HFRmodes that the S1H possess. For all practical purposes, this is now a 60p at best camera with internal conforming functionality. All 1080p modes are now bit limited garbage, and the 10-bit 1080p 120fps will be missed on my S1H.

Another thing that it missing is the ability to add codecs to your own custom menu setting. I used this instead of having codec combinations assigned to the C custom buttons, because using those also changed things like aperture, ISO and shutter.  Hopefully, this comes back with the firmware update later in the year.

I haven't been able to determine if the 0 video noise reduction setting is equivalent to the S1H 0,-1, or some other noise reduction level. That will need more testing.

Battery Life is fantastic! I hooked up a cheap USB battery pack rated at 7800 mAH, put in two 128 GB SD-Cards and switched to 4K 8-bit (for unlimited recording) and started the camera and went to sleep. When I woke up the camera was dead, but it recorded over 4 hours of video nonstop and filled up both cards. I'll have to put in two 256 GB secrets to see how much they will record before the camera dies. I was also able to use the extreme power save mode and shoot stills at a wedding for 6 hours. I took almost 900 photos and only lost one bar of battery life.

Many are complaining about the EVF not being higher resolution, but I think it's pretty decent. In the included photo, you see the S5 connected to the Canon 80-200 f/2.8 using the Sigma MC-21. I shot a wedding with that alongside the S1H and I manually focused the entire time.

FB_IMG_1602049704954.jpg

20201002_153057.jpg

2 hours ago, Amazeballs said:

The DR is quite good on all Panasonic S cameras as I've seen. I have 3 major problems with the system:

- absence of cheap compact lenses 

- AF

- no FF 4k60 

The first one should be solved very soon:

New-Panasonic-L-mount-lenses.thumb.jpg.16a269c0b10d3226582f2cfb05dc7603.jpg

Sigma and Panasonic are both great at making their more affordable lenses still very high-quality, unlike Canon and Sony who make their f1.8s with more plastic and cheap-feeling materials - so these lenses should be excellent. 

Wonder if they could add FF 4k60 to S1H with a firmware (and 120fps in 4k)?

--

The S5 looks awesome and it's a hard decision between keeping the S1H and adding an S5 for B-Cam/Photo cam or go with the Canon C70. I want to stick with Panasonic, but Canon is pumping out cameras and lenses at an insane rate. 

4 hours ago, currensheldon said:

The S5 looks awesome and it's a hard decision between keeping the S1H and adding an S5 for B-Cam/Photo cam or go with the Canon C70. I want to stick with Panasonic, but Canon is pumping out cameras and lenses at an insane rate. 

Canon may be pumping out cameras and lenses at an insane rate and will continue to do so. And Sony even more. And Nikon ups their game next week. And Fuji next year and...on and on and on it goes.

Simple bottom line is what do YOU need and what has anyone else got to offer that your current set up is not offering?

By the sounds of it, you are looking at the cost of an S5 vs the cost the of a C70, albeit switching the roles of your cameras around a bit.

Then let's say you get the C70 and S1H became your B cam, you'd tell yourself it would make more sense to swap the S1H for a Canon R6. And change all your glass.

What do you NEED?

Your needs will be different to mine as they will to the next person and so on, but for this kind of thing, I write a drop down list on the left side of the page in regards to my needs and then simply either put a check mark if I have that need covered or write in the potential options if I have not.

Then I ask myself are the potential options actual quantifiable and justifiable needs, or just wants?

Such as 4k 60p. Do you actually need it or is 1080 more than good enough? IBIS, need it or are you always on a tripod or gimbal because then it'e worthless. Autofocus. Need or not? 10 billion dot viewfinder when you only use the back of the screen? Sony A7Siii I am looking at you.

I don't care what anyone else is doing. My neighbour has a Ferrari. I have a Skoda estate. Good luck sleeping in your Ferrari overnight in the mountains ready for an early morning shoot because I have one of the back seats down, a platform, an air mattress, a 4 season sleeping bag, pillow, plugin coolbox, gas cooker, table, chair... but the Ferrari can do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds which is like 4k raw for an hour or something. Who gives a shit if you don't NEED it.

Actually my neighbour has an SUV but for demonstration purposes 😉

6 hours ago, Lux Shots said:

All 1080p modes are now bit limited garbage, and the 10-bit 1080p 120fps will be missed on my S1H.

Wait... do you mean that 1080p 60fps is bad in 10-bit h.264??? Is it conformed in camera???

I haven't yet shot in 1080p 60fps 10-bit on my S1 yet so I don't even know what to expect. (I usually shoot at 30fps and slow to 24fps on the timeline.)

10 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Great work!!! Thanks for posting.

Did you have supplemental lighting for the interior??? Was the overhead lighting flourescent tubes??? If so, would expected it to be green. If anything, it kind of looks like slightly magenta (which happens with panasonic skin tones anyway, as far as I can tell).

8 hours ago, herein2020 said:

For me the biggest benefit is not having to synch audio in post, and my main setup is with a cage, the adapter, and a wireless lav receiver bolted to the cage. With that setup there are no wires. I've even had a client who wanted to walk and talk and I managed to get the adapter on the cage and everything balanced on the Ronin S while carrying an audio bag and keeping the receiver in the audio bag. Not very elegant but it worked.

Good to know, thanks.

2 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

Does the S5 allow you to set shutter angle? 

The upcoming firmware update will add shutter angle, raw 5.9K output over HDMI and a few other things. Currently it only offers shutter speed.

7 hours ago, Lux Shots said:

Another thing that it missing is the ability to add codecs to your own custom menu setting. I used this instead of having codec combinations assigned to the C custom buttons, because using those also changed things like aperture, ISO and shutter.  Hopefully, this comes back with the firmware update later in the year.

I haven't been able to determine if the 0 video noise reduction setting is equivalent to the S1H 0,-1, or some other noise reduction level. That will need more testing.

Battery Life is fantastic! I hooked up a cheap USB battery pack rated at 7800 mAH, put in two 128 GB SD-Cards and switched to 4K 8-bit (for unlimited recording) and started the camera and went to sleep. When I woke up the camera was dead, but it recorded over 4 hours of video nonstop and filled up both cards. I'll have to put in two 256 GB secrets to see how much they will record before the camera dies. I was also able to use the extreme power save mode and shoot stills at a wedding for 6 hours. I took almost 900 photos and only lost one bar of battery life.

Many are complaining about the EVF not being higher resolution, but I think it's pretty decent. In the included photo, you see the S5 connected to the Canon 80-200 f/2.8 using the Sigma MC-21. I shot a wedding with that alongside the S1H and I manually focused the entire time.

I didn't know you can't add codecs to the custom menu, I haven't tried yet; I did that with the GH5 because I switch between 4K30 and 4K60 a lot.  The Q button does pull up a quick menu on screen that includes the codecs...not perfect but at least its quick access. 

I noticed the battery was great too, When it got here in the mail it wasn't even half charged, yet I got to shoot some video clips, a few images, and spend an hr or so in the menus and the battery still hadn't died. 

I saw the reviews on the EVF too, I think it is decent and it makes sense; if they had to cut corners anywhere that was probably the best place to do it.  I've never used a mirrorless for photography, so I guess I don't have anything to compare it to. I haven't sold my GH5 yet, I am waiting until I have the S5 fully kitted out with the lenses I need, and a cage.  My main concern is the lens situation....I would love a compact 35mm T2 for cinematic gimbal work, a 14mm 1.8 for real estate gimbal work,, and that 50mm 1.8 prime for photography work.

7 hours ago, Lux Shots said:

Are you referring to the frame rates? I was able to add them to my custom menu they are listed under Rec Quality. I was also able to add Rec File Format which lets you switch between MOV (H.264) and MP4 (H.265). 

2 hours ago, herein2020 said:

Are you referring to the frame rates? I was able to add them to my custom menu they are listed under Rec Quality. I was also able to add Rec File Format which lets you switch between MOV (H.264) and MP4 (H.265). 

I see. They are able to be added right from the codec selection on the S1H, so I thought they were missing.