Fujifilm develop anti-coronavirus drug

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effective-in-treating-coronavirus-says-china

Seems effective.

Well done Fuji.

The only way we are going to get out of this mess is to innovate.

"Medical authorities in China have said a drug used in Japan to treat new strains of influenza appeared to be effective in coronavirus patients, Japanese media said on Wednesday.

Zhang Xinmin, an official at China’s science and technology ministry, said favipiravir, developed by a subsidiary of Fujifilm, had produced encouraging outcomes in clinical trials in Wuhan and Shenzhen involving 340 patients.

“It has a high degree of safety and is clearly effective in treatment,” Zhang told reporters on Tuesday.

Patients who were given the medicine in Shenzhen turned negative for the virus after a median of four days after becoming positive, compared with a median of 11 days for those who were not treated with the drug, public broadcaster NHK said.

In addition, X-rays confirmed improvements in lung condition in about 91% of the patients who were treated with favipiravir, compared to 62% or those without the drug.

Fujifilm Toyama Chemical, which developed the drug – also known as Avigan – in 2014, has declined to comment on the claims."

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It is a VERY weird scenario the day China ever says anything positive about Japan! So seeing as how hell hasn't frozen over, the other alternative is I'm going to give this news story the benefit of the doubt that there is some truth to it. 

• Super Members
Just now, Mark Romero 2 said:

Of course, Sony's version of the Corona virus drug was supposed to come out last year. I am sure it will be released any day now...

Sony had a setback in the trial of theirs when Doctors mistakenly thought patients were getting sicker due to the green tint it gave their skin colour.

Other researchers have found that  HIV and Malaria drugs also seem to kill the virus.

There are well over thirty organisations around the world working on a vaccine and it should not take THAT long to develop one.

I am having a lot of fun with my late dads old Fuji superzoom HS 30 EXR.     It has replaced a Canon superzoom for me when I want to use that kind of camera.     Not that great in normal modes (good but a bit blah) but I do like using the EXR modes (only 8 MP in some of them but that is ok by me).   Sort of goes from a 1/2 inch camera to a 1 inch camera in high ISO or D range priority EXR modes ...16mp down to 8.     Best point and shoot low light camera I have had (a LONG way off an A7s mind).

Great work from my favourite camera maker! All the more reason to love the innovations/Kaizen from Fujifilm.

I've heard it's part of Fujifilm's innovative new 'biomedical' camera marketing program. Two free packets of the new drug will be included with every X-T4 sold. (I believe Donald Trump has put in an advance order for 200 million X-T4s, which should see Fuji's camera division safely into profit for the next few years).

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Funny Andrew, you beat me for 1 minute... *thumbsup* My brother, an avid Fujifilm user, had just sent me the link (and I was going to open a thread in your forum as usual):

https://www.fujirumors.com/china-says-fujifilm-drug-avigan-works-against-coronavirus-covid-19-and-shares-jump-up-15/

You da man ; -)

That's because I am form owner and editor, You ain't.

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Sony had a setback in the trial of theirs when Doctors mistakenly thought patients were getting sicker due to the green tint it gave their skin colour.

Sony have a vaccine but you have to enter the main menus to find it.

Trump has offered the Japanese $2 billion for it, so fuck the rest of us.

Coronavirus vaccine is only for those with good teeth and blue eyes who work in banking.

We'll just have to get ours from the Germans!

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Coronavirus vaccine is only for those with good teeth and blue eyes who work in banking.

“There has been no challenge to our country that depends so much on our joint solidarity since the Second World War,” Merkel said on public broadcaster ZDF.

• Administrators

Ah well.

At last some good news though....

Huawei has a great coronavirus treatment ready to sell to Trump for $666 billion

Only one side effect, it puts a billion spy cameras up his arse.

But Trump is the sacrifice we all need to make in order to get better.

Let's sell him out to the Chinese as soon as possible so we can benefit from their science.

6 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

That's because I am form owner and editor, You ain't.

Sony have a vaccine but you have to enter the main menus to find it.

Trump has offered the Japanese $2 billion for it, so fuck the rest of us.

Glad to see the job done ; ) I had no idea Sony has the vaccine too, pity we need to wait their high-end before the release of the a7S III to reach the shelves : D that is, for soon very likely, to evaluate from their CS as someone else has also written in this same page and Lavoisier said more than two hundred years ago...

image.thumb.png.6f7264ef599df5a5a97ea49ab47e5318.png

...Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed.