Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mako Sports

X-T3 vs A7III vs EOS R vs Z7 vs Pocket 4K - Video Quality Compared!

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
27 minutes ago, PabloB said:

Mattias, I get you just like the Canon image, 

Its not about the image so much as the rest of it. If for example the A7iii could match the specs I would love to buy one. 

Speaking about getting away with things.. Sony, as much as I love them, needs to step up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Don't leave us hanging! Tell us what and why that is in your eyes.

I will but give me a bit of time. As of today its not allowed to speak online about it without being an idiot, blind, paid, fanboy or "the problem and reason why Canon get away with things".

Im gonna let all this initial drama settle down some more. All I can say is that the camera have lived up to and in some respects exceeded my expectations. There are lots that the reviews I've seen doesn't mention.

(Yeah yeah I know the jokes, low expectations, 2008 camera, [insert drama queen comment], bla, bla blahh ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 He should have done a 4K 60p test with the Sony, Canon and Nikon showing a 1080p image or atleast clearly mentioned they don't support it or docked points for it. And what about 10 bit. Even as a beginner I can see the difference grading between the two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Its a shame the xt3 does not have IBIS. For handheld shotting with adapting vintage, it won't cut it...
 

It is a bit of a shame, but IBIS is literally what the X-H line is for. All in all, I think the multitude of features that the X-T3 does have and its price outweigh its lack of IBIS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Django said:

FWIW here is a SOOC EOS R 4K screen grab shot wide open (RF 50mm), plenty of detail & sharpness as far as i'm concerned.

Also I'd like to see another camera's AF track the eye like that at F1.2 ... 

Screen Shot EOSR RF 50 F1 2 C REP.png

Canon EOS-R has eye tracking in continuous af for video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about turning sharpening down or off on the nikon? He probably also forgot to turn off "clarity" setting in the picture style which adds a lot of false micro-contrast. In fact all the nikon videos I see keep doing these begginer errors. I would have liked a comparison between the DX mode and the rest, because that one will be indicative of how the z6 will look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'reddish color' in the XT3 comes from the film simulation. I notice that in Eterna as well and generally not a fan unless you want a quick and easy film look. Not seen if you use standard or log footage which is Rec2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Its a shame the xt3 does not have IBIS. For handheld shotting with adapted vintage lenses, it won't cut it...
 

Given the choice between IBIS, that cannot  be turned off and lock the sensor in place vs no IBIS... I choose no IBIS. 

Am I the only one that feels this way?

3 hours ago, hijodeibn said:

Am I the only one who notice the redish color added in Fuji and Nikon cameras?.....for me that´s terrible, footage imposible to use, I stay with Canon, pocket 4K also looked good....

Has anyone noticed how virtually all the footage from the P4k seems a bit brownish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Robert Collins said:

Personally I feel Nikon deserves a free pass. For a start the Z7 might not be the best comparison with the A7iii. Second it seems a bit much to expect a first generation product to match a 3rd generation product. I think most of the criticisms can be put down to unrealistic high expectations. Look at how far Fuji has come in a couple of generation - matching and even surpassing Sony in certain cases.

This is such a bad argument. 

First of all Nikon and Canon are supposed to know how to make a camera already. It’s not their first camera at all. 

Secondly, it’s not about the generation number, it’s about which generation year it is. So if Olympus releases in 2025 a FF camera when everyone is doing 8K60p, because it’s their first generation you expect It to be what, a 2015 competitor ? Non sense. 

All those company have been doing cameras for years and have access to the same things. So no, there is no reason at all that because they did not have a FF mirrorless before, that it should not match competition. It’s even easier for them because they can analyse easy where Sony failed and won, and can develop the camera accordingly. They can see people yelled at Sony for 1 SD port, so they can just put 2 (well they didn’t). 

NO EXCUSE, especially for Canon. I agree the Z7 is a great camera I was just disappointed at the test from Max. But the camera in general is great, unlike the EOS R joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

NO EXCUSE, especially for Canon. I agree the Z7 is a great camera I was just disappointed at the test from Max. But the camera in general is great, unlike the EOS R joke. 

I will have to insist that the test his heavily flawed, the nikon looks bad because of sharpening and probably clarity settings in the picture style. Obviously the lineskipping in fullframe mode is not going away, but it won't look as bad.

1 hour ago, Nikkor said:

What about turning sharpening down or off on the nikon? He probably also forgot to turn off "clarity" setting in the picture style which adds a lot of false micro-contrast. In fact all the nikon videos I see keep doing these begginer errors. I would have liked a comparison between the DX mode and the rest, because that one will be indicative of how the z6 will look.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

NO EXCUSE, especially for Canon. I agree the Z7 is a great camera I was just disappointed at the test from Max. But the camera in general is great, unlike the EOS R joke. 

I agree... Nikon are asking top dollar for the Z7... so it has to perform on all fronts... without exception.

Canon... well it’s clear they really didn’t want to make a mirrorless full frame camera. I believe this is the hidden message with the Eos R. Don’t get me wrong... if it had been flagship material I would have picked up a body or two. But in the end it left me unimpressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Given the choice between IBIS, that cannot  be turned off and lock the sensor in place vs no IBIS... I choose no IBIS.

Can you please explain why?  I usually go for handheld using vintage glass so I am clearly missing out.
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I agree... Nikon are asking top dollar for the Z7... so it has to perform on all fronts... without exception.

Canon... well it’s clear they really didn’t want to make a mirrorless full frame camera. I believe this is the hidden message with the Eos R. Don’t get me wrong... if it had been flagship material I would have picked up a body or two. But in the end it left me unimpressed. 

OK. Fair point about the price. I do agree that the Z7 was mispriced. Hard to see how they could justify pricing it above the D850 or A7riii. I still think it is a promising first effort though.

I do also think you are right about Canon. There is something about Canon's 'non-professional body' and 'fancy mirrorless lenses' that smells of trying to persuade you to avoid mirrorless altogether at the moment.....

...I mean who thought that producing the largest and heaviest 50m lens and 28-70 zoom was a good idea to match with the inherent advantages of a lighter and smaller mirrorless camera?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nikkor said:

I will have to insist that the test his heavily flawed, the nikon looks bad because of sharpening and probably clarity settings in the picture style. Obviously the lineskipping in fullframe mode is not going away, but it won't look as bad.

 

You are right. And I also said it’s a great camera. Also expect the Z6 will correct the aliasing due to line skipping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...