Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

2 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

My 3rd party batteries get stuck, but not the one that came with the camera. I'm going to make a little grip on them so I can get them out a little easier. Battery door doesn't open accidentally though. On that subject, does anyone know somewhere in Europe stocking the Blackmagic Pocket Camera DC Cable Pack? I have some Vmounts I can put to good use.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to download the Extended Video LUT? I know its in Resolve, but it'd be nice to be able to use it in Premiere/Encoder for encoding queues etc.

If batteries are overcharged they get puffy. Those could be a serious hazard. 

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Alex Uzan said:

Yes the 12-35 seem the lens to have.
I really enjoyed it on my GH5.

I know the question is kinda multianswered😁, but do you think a speedbooster is a must have for this pocket ?
I read that's only interesting if you already have aps-c or ff lens.
I don't. But would like obviously a shallow depth of field. 

I use the SIgma 18-35 and yes, I think it's a must have even just to experience it with the P4K. I have used it on a GH5 / GH5s / a6500 and the dof and sharpness and contrast is superb compared to other lenses that I used (maybe except the Voigts). I think it's gonna give great images paired since it's contrasty out of the gate plus the dof and you can add a Promist filter if you feel like it's too sharp, and an ND filter for daytime. You can always sell it if it doesnt suit you but you gotta experience it. I was also skeptical since I've used the 12-35, 35-100, 12-40, 12-60 mft zooms and images and video is just better with the Sigma 18-35 before grading and post. Of course you can get the same contrast and sharpness with other mft zooms by adding sharpening and grading in Resolve.

A poster on the BM and BMC forums has a useful sheet for different batteries based on user experiences reported in their threads.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aAmZ3u4ZdYQznj_cTCtGcMxsZxT_l2JgmBVj0ADWl1s/edit#gid=0

BM have shot themselves in the foot a bit by not getting the power accessories in place when they shipped the camera.

The list their own battery for £35 and, whilst that is still a lot more than other 3rd party batteries, I think that would be by far the best way to go as at least you know you are using the same battery they design for and test with but I can't actually see it at any of their UK dealers. Similarly, it doesn't help that the official cable pack that would enable it be powered externally doesn't seem available anywhere either. 

19 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

I use the SIgma 18-35 and yes, I think it's a must have even just to experience it with the P4K.

I did some test shots with the Sigma 18-35 and the Sigma 50-100 in combination with the viltrox on my P4K. As far as I can tell, the images look great. I have yet to cut it together and properly grade the shots, but they do look great for what I can tell.

I have noticed that when changing out a battery, the used battery is quite warm when ejecting it.

I'm wondering if all these battery compartment issues are more to do with cheap batteries not being able to handle the warmth without expanding beyond spec. Any cases of batteries getting stuck with the BMD or genuine Canon batteries?

48 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

I have noticed that when changing out a battery, the used battery is quite warm when ejecting it.

I'm wondering if all these battery compartment issues are more to do with cheap batteries not being able to handle the warmth without expanding beyond spec. Any cases of batteries getting stuck with the BMD or genuine Canon batteries?

If some batteries are expanding enough to jam, then maybe they should be avoided, poor design.  Or maybe the battery compartment is designed just too snugly?

10 hours ago, Alex Uzan said:

I know there is no adapter to mount my Sony lens on it, so any recommandations about which lenses I should get to start ?

Get the classic Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 with a viltrox nikon focal reducer. 

10 hours ago, grex said:

I've never heard of an E mount to MFT mount adapter. Isn't this impossible?

No. But the reverse is possible. But you'd only use it with fully manual lenses. 

7 hours ago, Scott_W said:

Well, strangely, I just put all my batteries in (not at the same time)

A pity that isn't possible! 😉 All day long battery life. 

6 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I remove my car doors so I can get in and out faster.

Remove a couple more wheels and you'll have yourself a motorbike!

5 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

BM have shot themselves in the foot a bit by not getting the power accessories in place when they shipped the camera.

The list their own battery for £35 and, whilst that is still a lot more than other 3rd party batteries, I think that would be by far the best way to go as at least you know you are using the same battery they design for and test with but I can't actually see it at any of their UK dealers. Similarly, it doesn't help that the official cable pack that would enable it be powered externally doesn't seem available anywhere either. 

It is very disappointing that BMD didn't use a more common industry standard for external powering. Which is strange, as normally BMD tries to use something commonly available. 

Heck, even if they'd gone with LEMO (as much I hate them being a common industry standard.... gah) that would have been much better!

Anyway, it isn't the end of the world, as Wooden Camera have in stock and are shipping right now a D-Tap cable for the BMPCC4K:

https://www.woodencamera.com/d-tap-to-bmpcc4k-p/264100.htm

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

It is very disappointing that BMD didn't use a more common industry standard for external powering. Which is strange, as normally BMD tries to use something commonly available. 

Heck, even if they'd gone with LEMO (as much I hate them being a common industry standard.... gah) that would have been much better!

Anyway, it isn't the end of the world, as Wooden Camera have in stock and are shipping right now a D-Tap cable for the BMPCC4K:

https://www.woodencamera.com/d-tap-to-bmpcc4k-p/264100.htm

Blackmagic themselves also sell a power cable kit that is cheaper than the Wooden Camera cable and gives you three cables rather than one. 

Stupid or genius?

AC19DF26-9B98-4932-9AE6-F76B723A5ACE.jpeg

No (little) vignette until around f8.

I plan on taking the camera for a walk with a few of my favorite lenses. I’ll take this little chap along and share some clips. 

Let me know if you’d like anything specific tested out. 

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Wooden Camera is for those who are impatient. 

I think the really impatient ones will be cutting the mains cable in half then attaching a barrel connector to the harvested side so they can attach it to the ubiquitous £10 Small Rig Sony F battery plate ;)