NX2 rumors

salim

From what Arikhan has said, I can assume that it has a lot to do with an external recorder???

What can capture 28MP though?

We can't bother Arikhan, but we can still speculate, even though it all be an April Fools Joke.

Be nicer guys, cause April Fools also falls on Easter Sunday :grimace:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sorry, I thought he said something about an article and I got mixed up with what Sanveer said below:

On 3/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, sanveer said:

From the same (Imaging Resource) interview shared above:

"DE: The video streaming through HDMI port, is that 4:2:2 on everything?

JK: It's 4:2:2 out the HDMI 1.4 port; it's 4:2:0 as it goes to the SD. And it's H.265 to the card for both HD and 4K, so whatever video mode you're saving to SD card, it's using H.265, so you're going to get much more efficient and better-quality HD out of it."

I am guessing it's a spftware limitation since it does write RAW photos to card. 

3 hours ago, mnewxcv said:

That's 9 restless nights. 

Why? The NX gear you already own (I saw 2 of the NX1 in the other thread), doesn't limit you at all - unless you are a coal mine, tunnel or night-life documentarist, shooting permanently in horrible lighting conditions (without the possibility to light up your scenes / models), where the NX1 doesn't shine. Or a Hollywood DOP or blockbuster filmer - but in this case there are some production cameras, beeing probably a better option than a NX1. :grin:

Getting out by day some hours and taking some beautiful shots with your NX1, could probably satisfy you more than the belief you were limited by gear. I'm not a physician and don't aim to give any medical advice, but after some hours of challenging shooting, you could sleep better at night. I would just try to get more shooting fun than better/more gear or specs.

Have fun.

BTW: @Matthew Hartman will get his hands first on some samples. After discussing, criticism, proposals, I will put the footage down here, so you guys could take a "first look" and evaluate it from your POV. Technical or even workflow aspects are not as important as aesthetical/IQ considerations for the first...

5 hours ago, Arikhan said:

Why? The NX gear you already own (I saw 2 of the NX1 in the other thread), doesn't limit you at all - unless you are a coal mine, tunnel or night-life documentarist, shooting permanently in horrible lighting conditions (without the possibility to light up your scenes / models), where the NX1 doesn't shine. Or a Hollywood DOP or blockbuster filmer - but in this case there are some production cameras, beeing probably a better option than a NX1. :grin:

Getting out by day some hours and taking some beautiful shots with your NX1, could probably satisfy you more than the belief you were limited by gear. I'm not a physician and don't aim to give any medical advice, but after some hours of challenging shooting, you could sleep better at night. I would just try to get more shooting fun than better/more gear or specs.

Have fun.

Sound advice. I am just a nerd/tech enthusiast so I love pushing the limit. It's like someone on a car forum saying I found this way to double the horsepower of your car! Will tell you all about it in 10 days. Lol.

Yeah...It's not a necessity but the hunger for "more and more" driving us in the arms of gear manufacturers or some "hacks". Tech passion, curiosity, hope...It's simply the challenge making things interesting, yeah...

19 minutes ago, mnewxcv said:

It's like someone on a car forum saying I found this way to double the horsepower of your car!

I never said this ("doubling the power of NX1"). I ONLY said to do 4K RAW. If this would "double the power" of the NX1, is something everyone has to judge for himself. For me (!) it's great. 

I think I'm one of the 'oldest' nx supporters on this forum. I bought nx100 back in late 2011 and since then I bought nx200, 300 and finally nx1 in feb 2015. So it's just been 3 years that I've been using nx1. I love it and along with s lenses it's really powerful. 

The news about dng recording is simply great. I followed the hacking scene from day 0 and this would be a tremendous achievement for a system which is proving to be the longest lasting reigning apsc on the market as far as I'm concerned. Kudos to you if you can make this public. 

I would say 4k raw would definitely double the horsepower of the nx1 for my purposes, as long as the workflow isn't entirely unreasonable.

The difference in quality can be experienced by shooting a timelapse with raw photos and comparing that to a hyperlapse shot in h265. The color depth and malleability just doesn't compare.

I'm not throwing shade at the nx1's video quality (i still use it regularly after all), I'm just saying usable 4k raw video would put the camera in another league altogether.

50 minutes ago, pryde said:

I would say 4k raw would definitely double the horsepower of the nx1 for my purposes, as long as the workflow isn't entirely unreasonable.

The difference in quality can be experienced by shooting a timelapse with raw photos and comparing that to a hyperlapse shot in h265. The color depth and malleability just doesn't compare.

I'm not throwing shade at the nx1's video quality (i still use it regularly after all), I'm just saying usable 4k raw video would put the camera in another league altogether.

Some shade isn't completely unwarranted. As powerful as HEVC is over h.264, it's still a lossy distribution codec at the end of the day, in 8bit no less. If more can be drawn out of the camera, that's a win in my book. Of course, it will depend on the workflow and reliability. I'm sure some here are willing to meet those requirements. 

10 hours ago, Arikhan said:

I never said this ("doubling the power of NX1"). I ONLY said to do 4K RAW. If this would "double the power" of the NX1, is something everyone has to judge for himself. For me (!) it's great. 

Didn't you claim to unlocked 16bit RAW? that is orders of magnitudes greater than 8bit compressed.

Even 10bit RAW vs 8 bit RAW is four times as much information never mind the compression...

I don't know I'm just saying extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and if you are for real extraordinary evidence should be really easy to provide yet you haven't given a single tiny bit.

@Arikhan, the more I think about it the more I am sure you are full of shit... if you did pull this off you at least have one RAW video and despite spending time on here posting you haven't spent the time to upload any proof... common man.

Part of me hates the fact that I am even following this thread because I feel like I am being taken for a ride just as much as someone who believes you right out. Then another part of me respects the commitment to the troll lol

40 minutes ago, MountneerMan said:

@Arikhan, the more I think about it the more I am sure you are full of shit... if you did pull this off you at least have one RAW video and despite spending time on here posting you haven't spent the time to upload any proof... common man.

Part of me hates the fact that I am even following this thread because I feel like I am being taken for a ride just as much as someone who believes you right out. Then another part of me respects the commitment to the troll lol

You're taken for a ride every day of your life. We all are, in one area or another or many altogether. Ever been in a romantic relationship? 99% off them are predicated off of psychological and emotional codependency. Believe your nation's government truly has your best interests at heart? Heard of the world bank? 

Look, if we get fooled or suckered, it wouldn't be the first time. We are all suckers, this is just another day another dollar. I could think of worse things to get suckered into. 

• Super Members
7 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

I believe most of us just think, "wow, that would be cool. I hope its true, guess I will have to wait and see."

That way we don't feel like we have been taken for a ride if its not what we expected or even just a fairytale.

But it also doesn't make us feel bad for provoking, insulting and constantly nagging him if it turns out to be true :)

Not that I want to sound picky, but I feel like I'd rather go with a 10bit H265 - that would keep the same workflow that we have - vs RAW - with a complicated workflow / no EVF / no Sound.

What do you guys think ? :) 

(not that it's a real debate, but since all of these RAW talks are just pure speculation / no offense)

16 minutes ago, neosushi said:

Not that I want to sound picky, but I feel like I'd rather go with a 10bit H265 - that would keep the same workflow that we have - vs RAW - with a complicated workflow / no EVF / no Sound.

What do you guys think ? :) 

(not that it's a real debate, but since all of these RAW talks are just pure speculation / no offense)

I think DNG or Prores would be better... and 12-bit. What kind of file sizes would 16-bit raw yield? 1 ~ 1.5 Gb/s give or take... that’s a lot of data. Even if it can.., and I believe it can, there are likely reasons why Samsung didn’t push it to these extremes. 

8 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I think DNG or Prores would be better... and 12-bit. What kind of file sizes would 16-bit raw yield? 1 ~ 1.5 Gb/s give or take... that’s a lot of data. Even if it can.., and I believe it can, there are likely reasons why Samsung didn’t push it to these extremes. 

4K 16bit uncompressed RAW at 25 fps needs 422 MB/s. That's megabytes, not megabits. Based on the information we've been given so far the body can handle that, but you can't write that to the SD card, the fastest UHS-II cards can write up to 250-260MB/s continuosly. So you either compress RAW, or lower the number of bits.

39 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

4K 16bit uncompressed RAW at 25 fps needs 422 MB/s. That's megabytes, not megabits. Based on the information we've been given so far the body can handle that, but you can't write that to the SD card, the fastest UHS-II cards can write up to 250-260MB/s continuosly. So you either compress RAW, or lower the number of bits.

Wondering how much process power would require 12bits or even 10bits H265... I could definitely work with that !