Jump to content
Hanriverprod

Sony Will Announce the A6500

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
18 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

 

What the hell??? Why would you say that, that is so wrong. Of course it has 10bit 4K!!
(unless you are thinking of the much cheaper FS5??)

 

14 minutes ago, Phil A said:

The FS7 shoots 4k 10bit 422 in XAVC-I. That's the big difference to the FS5.

My mistake. I will repost with correction:

 

I cant see sony going 10 bit with 4k in stills cams. Not in the next 4 years, nevermind half a year.  The FS5 doesnt even have 10bit 4k.  Regardless of how long the GH5 will take I think the fact that it's comming is why sony have released this upgrade so soon.  I mean lets face it, they could have waited another year and then called it the A6300 mkii.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the IBIS on the a6500 works with non native sony lenses like it does on the A7s II, where you can manually dial in your focal length? That will be the decisive issue for me in buying it because I have a lot of old manual lenses. 

Really wish Sony would put an ND 6 or 9 in that RX100 V. With Log mode starting at 1600 ISO, ND 3 still means you're shooting at F13 in daylight and still clipping highlights. I've rarely found myself in a situation with my Mark IV where the ND3 was useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nathanleebush said:

Does anyone know if the IBIS works with non native sony lenses like it does on the A7s II, where you can manually dial in your focal length? That will be the decisive issue for me in buying it because I have a lot of old manual lenses. 

I can't imagine them suddenly removing the feature for this Camera when it's been that way for all the others in this lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

I can't imagine them suddenly removing the feature for this Camera when it's been that way for all the others in this lineup.

I don't know. Sony's implementation of features does vary camera to camera, and I've only seen it explicitly written so far that the A6500 supports E mount/A mount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nathanleebush said:

Does anyone know if the IBIS on the a6500 works with non native sony lenses like it does on the A7s II, where you can manually dial in your focal length? That will be the decisive issue for me in buying it because I have a lot of old manual lenses. 

[..]

And if it does in fact work in video mode? Not sure if I've seen that anywhere. The GX7 had in-body stabilization for stills only too. Though, Sony has the A7RII/SII, so you'd expect the same...

-- again my bad for not reading... 'and movies'. Just funny how they casually mention it instead of making a bigger deal out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Simon Shasha said:

 

The constant releasing of new bodies from Sony is really ridiculous. Sony needs to release lenses for APS-C - especially given the A6000 is their most successful camera to date.

 

Canon do it as well. Rebels come out just about every year. The G30 was announced three months after the G20, which was a much faster turnaround than anything Sony has ever done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, John Matthews said:

Wow! Sounds like a GX80 with 25% bigger sensor at 250% the price. :)

Uh, check your math, the m43 sensor is 225 sq/mm, the aps-c sensor is 370 sq/mm, that's a sensor roughly 65% larger.

In the US the a6500 is exactly twice the price.

With the new LSI, expect better rolling shutter, less overheating and less noise - all worth the extra cost for me.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattH said:

 

My mistake. I will repost with correction:

 

I cant see sony going 10 bit with 4k in stills cams. Not in the next 4 years, nevermind half a year.  The FS5 doesnt even have 10bit 4k.  Regardless of how long the GH5 will take I think the fact that it's comming is why sony have released this upgrade so soon.  I mean lets face it, they could have waited another year and then called it the A6300 mkii.

 

10bit and 4:2:2 would have been in nx1-mk2 for sure, if it ever existed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Chris said:

Uh, check your math, the m43 sensor is 225 sq/mm, the aps-c sensor is 370 sq/mm, that's a sensor roughly 65% larger.

In the US the a6500 is exactly twice the price.

With the new LSI, expect better rolling shutter, less overheating and less noise - all worth the extra cost for me.

Cheers

Oops. My mistake, I meant crop. But, let's imagine it's 100% bigger, doesn't overheat (to be confirmed), slightly less noise (as if it were a problem with the previous one), and only bad rolling shutter (rather than borderline unusable). It still doesn't seem worth the 1100 Euro price increase over the GX80- that's a lot one could be using for lenses. You bring up a good point too: what's the deal with the European Sony tax?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, John Matthews said:

Oops. My mistake, I meant crop. But, let's imagine it's 100% bigger, doesn't overheat (to be confirmed), slightly less noise (as if it were a problem with the previous one), and only bad rolling shutter (rather than borderline unusable). It still doesn't seem worth the 1100 Euro price increase over the GX80- that's a lot one could be using for lenses. You bring up a good point too: what's the deal with the European Sony tax?

Sony stuff always seems to get a European price hike, I feel for you man.

I was thinking about getting the G or GX85 as a knock around camera, but with this announcement, I'm sticking with just Sony and consolidating my lineup a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Bildschirmfoto%202016-10-06%20um%2016.41

hXpOmg1.png

They're trying to stimulate grey import, or what?

Plus 20% VAT = 1507 euros, plus import duties = something higher + hell knows what else = 1700

Personally I miss the days of bargain GH2s and NEX cameras... the whole thing seems to be shifting higher and higher with every passing month as the consumer market dies and smartphones take over. At this rate there won't be an interesting camera under $3k.

And also, the A6300 should never have existed. Majorly flawed, with a shelf life of approximately 30 seconds.

There was absolutely nothing to stop Sony putting a touch screen in that and 5 axis stabilisation.

The A6500 is a very interesting update but their game is clear, and I am angry at them, as I feel we have wasted our money...not once, not twice, but many times now with these quickly obsolete cameras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...