Jump to content
Hanriverprod

Sony Will Announce the A6500

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Really? I see a distinct difference. The V is practically a global shutter, whereas the IV definitely has some skew. 

Global Shutter...... your kidding right?

I've used enough Global Shutter cameras to say, this ain't it :)

globalnot.md.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, liork said:

There is a difference: first. At 0:27, the RX100 IV wobbles like a jelly fish and the RX100 V does not. Second, look at this comparison I have made:

Same same imo. It could even be the difference in angle and they are actually identical.

But, if we say the V is better and this image is correct. Both are still bad enough for me to answer "yes" if someone asks "Does it have terrible RS that I need to take into consideration when using it handheld?".

So the best case scenario is that one has bad rolling shutter and the other has a tad worse. Its like having two boxes of milk, one is a week old and the other eight days.

But both are still usable.
I have had the Samsung NX1 and own a RX100iv which both have terrible RS, still very usable cameras imo. I would even go as far as saying the a6300 which have the worst RS I've ever seen in my life is workable.
But in no way does the rx100v compare to a global shutter. A BMPCC which walks all over that rx100v footage in terms of RS still feels like a jello bonanza compared to a GS.

PS.
History of the forum dictates that I better point out that I'm not ripping on the camera nor of the children to those who are considering a purchase. All I'm saying is that imo they haven't reduced the RS enough for me to give it any extra attention. Maybe someone can show a test that shows some real difference because the one above was not very convincing.
It is ok to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are wrong, both cameras are in the same position and angle. You can freeze the frame and compare it yourself in more parts of this video. The best part where you can see the real life difference in cameras behavior and jello effect is at time 0:26-0:29. If you don't see any difference, maybe you are in the wrong profession...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, liork said:

You are wrong, both cameras are in the same position and angle. You can freeze the frame and compare it yourself in more parts of this video. The best part where you can see the real life difference in cameras behavior and jello effect is at time 0:26-0:29. If you don't see any difference, maybe you are in the wrong profession...

If you had actually read my posts.... :)

I was very clear about expressing an opinion, so no, Im not wrong, I just have a different opinion than you. Deal with it.
You would have also seen that I did freeze and post a frame that to me looked "same same". Sure there might be some minor improvement but still a jello-cam. And it the improvement could have been mearly the angle.

And I was also very clear about it being ok to disagree. Just because you think it looks much better doesn't make me think you are in the "right profession". I mean what did you think my job was, "Rolling Shutter Inspector"? ;)
If it has more or less RS is of no concern to me professionally. There is no way in hell we would ever use a RX100v for anything a smartphone couldn't do just as well.

I have a rx100iv for family trips and would gladly switch to the V if I saw some major improvements. As of today I have seen no tests of the RS being dramatically improved. Its same same imo.
And I was right in posting my "PS." in the last post and it seems I must do it again because as we know, cameras is so so so sensitive and important that everyone has to agree on everything or be enemies :)

PS.
History of the forum dictates that I better point out that I'm not ripping on the camera nor of the children to those who are considering a purchase. All I'm saying is that imo they haven't reduced the RS enough for me to give it any extra attention. Maybe someone can show a test that shows some real difference because the one above was not very convincing.
It is ok to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2016 at 2:18 PM, Tiago Rosa-Rosso said:

And even more of DigitalRev's war on Sony- http://www.digitalrev.com/article/sony-a6500-leaves-most-a6300-issues-such-as-rolling-shutter-unresolved]

Maybe not time to sell my A6300 already? Or maybe it is, but not for the A6500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

And even more of DigitalRev's war on Sony- http://www.digitalrev.com/article/sony-a6500-leaves-most-a6300-issues-such-as-rolling-shutter-unresolved]

Maybe not time to sell my A6300 already? Or maybe it is, but not for the A6500

Sold mine a while back. Because of the supply shortage I actually sold it for more than I bought it for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

Sold mine a while back. Because of the supply shortage I actually sold it for more than I bought it for 

Great for you. On the FredMiranda forum there are a bunch for sale at the moment, I don't think I could get more than $700USD for the body at this point, very quick depreciation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

On the FredMiranda forum there are a bunch for sale at the moment, I don't think I could get more than $700USD for the body at this point, very quick depreciation.

Most electronics depreciate very fast these days. 

For example a used X-Pro2 can be had for $1300. Thats a ~24% depreciation or $400 "lost". With Sony you have 30% and $300 "lost". 

With the current pricing model that most companies have, i.e. high introductory price that gets lowered pretty fast, it is always better to delay the purchase by at least few months and/or buy used equipment. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Don Kotlos said:

Most electronics depreciate very fast these days. 

For example a used X-Pro2 can be had for $1300. Thats a ~24% depreciation or $400 "lost". With Sony you have 30% and $300 "lost". 

With the current pricing model that most companies have, i.e. high introductory price that gets lowered pretty fast, it is always better to delay the purchase by at least few months and/or buy used equipment. 

 

Sure, and I have both bought and sold plenty of cameras over the years (including an X-Pro2 that I picked up for $1400 used a few months back), but a 30% loss after just eight months of a release is pretty drastic I think, especially since we are talking mint-condition cameras, not heavily used ones. 

But my main point is that the camera was worth a bit more the day before the surprise announcement of the A6500.

I guess it just depends on the camera too- the X-Pro2 for example, you'll see A LOT of used ones for sale, seems like a lot of people weren't happy with it or decided to go with the X-T2 instead. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brian Williams said:

... but a 30% loss after just eight months of a release is pretty drastic I think, especially since we are talking mint-condition cameras, not heavily used ones. 

 

It sounds just about right imo. I wouldn't give you any more than that even if you never opened the box. If its over the 2 week return time we have here, 30% is absolutely standard for mint condition hardware.
Last time I sold a piece of gear it was his opening line, "As you very well know we first deduct 30%", Ind I agreed. After that we negotiated regarding scuffs, warranty, etc.

But one also has to decide on two paths. Do I want to talk to endless people, wait and wait, hope to get a few extra dollars or even a couple of hundreds? Or do I want to sell the item :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...