Jump to content

Sony a6300 4k


Nikkor
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't see the touchscreen as an important feature.

If I'm shooting with a Gymbal I can't use it anyway, other than that I'm using manual focus lenses, so for focusing purpose doesn't help either.

After I assign a couple of options to the F keys, I'm good to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Swiss said:

I'm thinking about switching from my bmpcc to the a6300 for 4k, slow mo and low light. I have a question about adapters. If i use my sigma 18-35 nikon mount and my sigma 10-20 nikon mout with a speedbooster nikon to sony e like this one for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/Focal-Reducer-Speed-Booster-Adapter-Nikon-F-mount-G-AF-S-lens-to-Sony-NEX-A6000-/151657409349?hash=item234f7c6b45:g:XMQAAOSw-jhT~tOR Will it vignette on wide side with both of my lenses ? Thanks

Those are both apsc lenses so I dont think it would make much sense to get a focal reducer/speed booster. It would definitely vignette at the wide end.  You just need a regular smart adapter.

15 minutes ago, araucaria said:

Bumbumbummer... It says that 1080p 120fps is cropped (he says 2x crop) as well as 4k 30fps

I wonder if he means 2x crop of full frame or 2x crop of apsc.  The former would be mft size. The latter would be 16mm size.  I think he meant the latter.

Good for a free zoom I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MattH said:

Those are both apsc lenses so I dont think it would make much sense to get a focal reducer/speed booster. It would definitely vignette at the wide end.  You just need a regular smart adapter.

I wonder if he means 2x crop of full frame or 2x crop of apsc.  The former would be mft size. The latter would be 16mm size.  I think he meant the latter.

Good for a free zoom I suppose.

Since he said that the 4k 30fps is also a "twoish"crop, my gues it's around 2,35x from fullframe (similar to gh4 4k)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Flaaandeeers said:

Just sold my GH4 and 14-140 in order to get a Nikon D750 (was considering NX1 for a while but price is too steep for a discontinued system).

Looking for a bigger sensor and better usable DR & low light.

Now I'm debating if i should wait for this sucker instead.

I'd get the D750 if I were you, by summer's end, the a6300 will be selling for around $600. If the reviews are good you may be able to have both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mercer said:

I'd get the D750 if I were you, by summer's end, the a6300 will be selling for around $600. If the reviews are good you may be able to have both. 

I don't think so. The A6000 for instance, except for very short periods never had a significant decrease price wise. Who has been lucky had saved about 100 bucks.

$400 less for a new product like the A6300, even after an half a year in the market is not realistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dsp_418 said:

I don't think so. The A6000 for instance, except for very short periods never had a significant decrease price wise. Who has been lucky had saved about 100 bucks.

$400 less for a new product like the A6300, even after an half a year in the market is not realistic.

I picked up the a5100 body refurbed for 250 bucks six months after release. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dsp_418 said:

Oh ok, yes refurbished makes sense. 250 for the a5100 was a good deal! :)

Yeah, sorry I should have been more clear with my original comment. And yeah it was a great price. I ended up selling it a couple months ago after I got the G7, but it's a fun little camera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, araucaria said:

 

And this is how it probably looked, underexposed face, noise and mess from slog 8bit encode in shadows = color problems (very evident all around the chin.

That's why I am not a fan of heavy Log profiles like S-Log/V-Log in 8bit 4:2:0 50/100mbps codecs. Careful frame-to-frame analysis of the corrected footage shows arefacts (banding, macroblocking, noise, colour blotches) and prefer lighter Log profiles like Canon's/Nikon's.

For most uses and most viewers the artefacts are not visible though and S-Log is working just fine in 8bit on YT/web and gets that wide luma DR. So I have more of an issue with the colour rendition chosen by the manufacturer. 

Just now, Flaaandeeers said:

Just sold my GH4 and 14-140 in order to get a Nikon D750 (was considering NX1 for a while but price is too steep for a discontinued system).

Looking for a bigger sensor and better usable DR & low light.

Now I'm debating if i should wait for this sucker instead.

I'd get the D750 and shoot something now. It's a famous stills camera so selling it for an A6400/A7s later will be a one-hour deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

So to recap on the all important crops...

24p = no crop Super 35mm 4K (1.5x crop vs full frame)
30p = 2.3x crop 4K
120p = 2.3x crop 1080p

Looks like the Samsung NX1 has an ace card here.

But I am sure the A6300 will have the dynamic range advantage... and proper LOG profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

So to recap on the all important crops...

24p = no crop Super 35mm 4K (1.5x crop vs full frame)
30p = 2.3x crop 4K
120p = 2.3x crop 1080p

Looks like the Samsung NX1 has an ace card here.

But I am sure the A6300 will have the dynamic range advantage... and proper LOG profile.

I imagine using maybe a speed booster 0.64x bmcc version on a M4/3 to E-mount adaptor ring will make that 120p 2.3x crop an advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Members
 
6 hours ago, dsp_418 said:

I don't think so. The A6000 for instance, except for very short periods never had a significant decrease price wise. Who has been lucky had saved about 100 bucks.

$400 less for a new product like the A6300, even after an half a year in the market is not realistic.

A brand new a6000 is 60-70% of its original price today. Like all Sonys, if I want an a6300 I will pay 70% just a few weeks after release.

Either way, I would get the D750 or a Blackmagic.

The a6300 is a camera I would never buy without testing. Sony has lost my trust completly when it comes to shiny spec sheets.

Might be a killer camera but I wont risk it untill I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

So to recap on the all important crops...

24p = no crop Super 35mm 4K (1.5x crop vs full frame)
30p = 2.3x crop 4K
120p = 2.3x crop 1080p

Looks like the Samsung NX1 has an ace card here.

But I am sure the A6300 will have the dynamic range advantage... and proper LOG profile.

What about 25fps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:
 

A brand new a6000 is 60-70% of its original price today. Like all Sonys, if I want an a6300 I will pay 70% just a few weeks after release.

[...]

Not really.

A6000 is now $498 on Amazon. What was it back in 2014? $649?

It took more than a few weeks to get to this price and is about %77 of the original price.

Other Sonys may follow a worst scenario. A7s is barely 12% less than the original price after all this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...