GH5 test footage - Post it here!

64mulford

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, docmoore said:

That is an effect of applying the LUT over non V-Log L capture ... not recommended.

Here is a Impulz REC709 LUT ... perhaps a bit better.

Bob

Yeah that is a LOT better. But I think I would still like to see it a bit darker. But I agree with Mattias, nice to see some monochrome stuff. It can be beautiful if done right. Really really beautiful.

The original was a CCD and no video but 14Bit gorgeous files ... the M246 is a CMOS 12Bit ... as Leica says in monochrome there is no appreciable difference in

the capture ... as a derivative of the M240 color it does capture HD video no 4K. Many are hoping for a monochromatic SL which might give us 4K mono files.

When I settle into the GH5 I will pull the M246 and put it on my WoodenCamera rig and run some video. Need a few Variable NDs for my M Lenses ...

Here is an intro video with stills and clips:

And this looks like it was shot exclusively with the M246:

A couple of stills ...

Mono in Platinum 2.jpg

Mono in Silver 1.jpg

Mono in Platinum 1.jpg

Works for me ...

Sorry for pulling the thread a bit off track ....

Bob

15 minutes ago, Hanriverprod said:

CineV

Some nice images in here. V-log will tame those highlights a bit but can you still get that color pop.

Really very beautiful... Such sorta cinematic look, even when the highlights are there, go figure... If there was some way to workaround that circle bokeh (anyone there with any suggestion for a filter?) as happens when the subject not in focus only gives the blur without the circle bokeh, that would be a hell of a lens...

6 minutes ago, Orangenz said:

Shot some people walking for you at 24 fps, 180 shutter. Forgot about ibis. Forgot about panning. Sigh. 

Movement in frame seems fine.The natural soft color is also nice. Whenever you are shooting again, the test with simple pans and titls, ibis on, would be interesting. If you could start from a still shot and then do a slow pan or tilt like you are setting up a master wide and then settle into a static shot. Also, maybe some shots with change of directions as well. I wanted to rent one this week at a nearby rental shop in Seoul, but they said they wouldn't get it for 20 more days. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it.

On 10.4.2017 at 3:53 AM, Hanriverprod said:

CineV

Some nice images in here. V-log will tame those highlights a bit but can you still get that color pop.

Looking very nice! If this is pretty much ooc, this is even awesome color wise. It´s awesomely shot too! That monochrome part is really, really nice!

Was it Monochrome L like on Gx85 with its digital option of orange or yellow or red filter or tweaked in post?

cheers

2 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Looking very nice! If this is pretty much ooc, this is even awesome color wise. It´s awesomely shot too! That monochrome part is really, really nice!

Was it Monochrome L like on Gx85 with its digital option of orange or yellow or red filter or tweaked in post?

cheers

Not my footage but I agree it looks nice. They say cine-v with some tweaks but he doesn't mention the settings for the black and white.

On April 9, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Emanuel said:

Really very beautiful... Such sorta cinematic look, even when the highlights are there, go figure... If there was some way to workaround that circle bokeh (anyone there with any suggestion for a filter?) as happens when the subject not in focus only gives the blur without the circle bokeh, that would be a hell of a lens...

The GH5 is clearly a very different camera to the 4....especially in terms of color!

5 hours ago, Hanriverprod said:

4k 10bit Natural using AFX for slo-mo. Olypmus 7-14mm & Sigma 18-35mm.

Really nice.

One of my biggest gripes with m43 cameras is that they produce purple flaring (either from side flare or from when pointed at the sun with small apertures). So far from the footage I've seen, Panasonic seems to have eliminated the issue with the GH5 :)