New GH2 owner looking for lens advice

noah

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hello all![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]New to here. Very excited about my new GH2 body. Apparently a lens is needed though. How about that? I purchased my GH2 mainly as a B-camera to use when shooting interview for close-up, beauty stuff to complement my medium wide (using the Panasonic AC130 as my A-cam), but hope to eventually learn to flex its muscles on more interesting stuff.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm looking for some lens recommendations. These are kind of two separate questions, but what would be best for my needs and then what would be cheapest but workable? My research seems to point me to the Voigtlander 25mm, but it's a little pricey for me right now. I plan on getting the cheap kit lens (14-42) just for the purposes of learning the camera, but it seems the kit lenses aren't quite going to deliver me that nice shallow DOF look I'm hoping for. Any budget options that'll do the trick for me, putting it on a tripod and getting close up, blurry background, b-camera interview beauty stuff?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thoughts?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Much appreciated.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Noah[/font][/color]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
well, I guess ideally for the interview purposes as mentioned above, I'd like to know the basement level option (under $100?), the all out best option regardless of budget, and then something in the middle ($300-$500?).

as for staying away from the 14-42, what's a good cheap (~$100) versatile lens to learn the ins and outs camera?

Sort of new to the DSLR world. Pardon me if the above is terribly uninformed.

You won't find much sub $100. Maybe some old legacy primes, but they won't be versatile. Versatility comes from owning multiple lenses.

If you're set on getting something with zoom you'll have to settle for less. IMO look into getting 1 prime for now, and a better one later, Maybe something 35mm+

I'd still get the kit lens, just to have an alternative to nothing (and there is a deep focus world too :-) . I have recently aquired a 40 mm 1.8 Konica lens plus adapter for very, very little money, and the test shots are really nice.

For Interview situations the 14-42mm Kit Lens should be acceptable. But I'dont unterstand, why you want to use your gh2 as B cam and the AC130 as your A Cam. I often used the AC130 and I can garantee that the image quality is far inferior to gh2s ;)

one killer do everything lens is
Fujinon F1.7 9-105mm with built in 2x extender
its B4 mount

Stunning amazing lens I use alot ! the zoom is insane
sharp and fast 1.7 all the way down the barrel !
It is ment for Sony Digi Beta Cam cameras

You can shoot an entire project with just this one lens!