Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, jonpais said:

The DPreview article fails to mention field curvature and sample variance, so not the greatest journalism I’ve seen.

You have to click on the link in the article. He covered all of your concerns. I think you have not finished reading the article. It was just the tip of the Iceberg as they say what you read.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2018/03/veydra-cine-mini-prime-mtf-optical-bench-tests/

38 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You have to click on the link in the article. He covered all of your concerns. I think you have not finished reading the article. It was just the tip of the Iceberg as they say what you read.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2018/03/veydra-cine-mini-prime-mtf-optical-bench-tests/

I think you're the one failing to connect the dots, mate. ;) That's something we've already seen:

&

On 22-3-2018 at 12:41 AM, darrellcraig said:

Lens Rentals is absolutely the best technical tester of lenses out there. Interesting article about why Roger decided to spend the time to test the Veydra cine primes despite him expecting poor performance and high variability like other low cost, off-brand photo or cine lenses, and what he discovered testing on an optical bench.

Turns out they perform very well with little copy to copy variance. Worth a read if you're curious about these lenses.

Jon merely points out the DPReview did a half-assed job reporting on the findings of said article.

13 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Jon merely points out the DPReview did a half-assed job reporting on the findings of said article.

You don't really think DPR was going to write a 5 page article when they could just provide a Link, like they Always do, when they have a Lens Rental article?

Not sure what they do, I never visit that sinkhole. xD

_

But on the topic of lenses... the new Huawei (Leica partnership) P20 Pro has 4 of 'em (rear 3 cam combines to a Vario-Summilux-H1 27-80mm f/1.6-2.4 ASPH.), sensor size = 1/1.78" which is quite huge for a smartphone (that's not a CM1 or something).

eyZCl15.jpg

Official launch was earlier this afternoon. Incredible piece of kit if you ask me. It leaps ahead of the first closest thing from Samsung with a whopping 10 extra DxOMark points: https://www.dxomark.com/huawei-p20-pro-camera-review-innovative-technologies-outstanding-results/ ... who conclude that it's a game changer. Curious to find out what it's like for video. It does do 960fps slowmo (720p) and AIS (they find EIS/OIS doesn't quite work, but when you use AI, you can get much better results) and AF seems impressive. Guess we'll find out!

Hello all, wanting to adapt a SONY E MOUNT  LENS TO MICRO FOUR THIRDS BODY, I see the flange distances for both are very close and would appreciate if any smart or dumb adaptors exist?

Wanting to get the 2 x focal effect from a long full frame lens to the M4/3 crop for a lockdown tripod sequence.

Thanks..............