One Single Room | Film Challenge

heart0less

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, heart0less said:

Turns out the original idea wasn't that original, hahaha.

I'm pretty sure the idea of a single room film making challenge undoubtedly predates the internet itself let alone YouTube but we were ten days ahead of the curve by specifying it had to be done while a real life zombie apocalypse was raging outside your front door ;)

22 hours ago, heart0less said:

Here goes another one:

I really, really like Brandon Li's stuff and think it's pretty impressive how he's grown his own personal brand but kind of wish he would stop using the gimbal so much. 

I'll put something together as soon as I finish a project I had leftover from before the world came to a screeching halt. Will be a struggle to not make something revolved around the pandemic, I like that Film Riot expressively said no doom and gloom.

37 minutes ago, Gregormannschaft said:

I really, really like Brandon Li's stuff and think it's pretty impressive how he's grown his own personal brand but kind of wish he would stop using the gimbal so much. 

My thoughts exactly. Every tool has its own place. While it's perfect for his travel videos, using it in a high energy scene (like the one in his short film) is quite pointless.
But as you can see, he was made an ambassador of some gimbal company, so I guess he's bound to use it now.

41 minutes ago, Gregormannschaft said:

I'll put something together as soon as I finish a project I had leftover from before the world came to a screeching halt. Will be a struggle to not make something revolved around the pandemic, I like that Film Riot expressively said no doom and gloom.

Perfect!
I hope you have fun creating it.

( :

7 minutes ago, heart0less said:

My thoughts exactly. Every tool has its own place. While it's perfect for his travel videos, using it in a high energy scene (like the one in his short film) is quite pointless.
But as you can see, he was made an ambassador of some gimbal company, so I guess he's bound to use it now.

Perfect!
I hope you have fun creating it.

( :

He uses them so well, no doubt, but I really liked his stuff before the gimbal craze and felt he was more creative with his shots. And cheers, yours was beautifully shot.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:23 AM, heart0less said:

Alright, people, here is my take.

Shot all by myself since no-one was keen to help me.
) :

Lighting was quite simple, I only used already existing fixtures and modified them with some tape / baking paper to add warmth.

X-T3 , Helios and DIY anamorphic.

Hadn't watched yet, an uncle of mine had died on the eve of your post, so only today. Left my comment on vimeo : ) Very impressed, buddy! : ) I guess that thing bigger than life has just won one more child... first short film? WOW : -)

On 4/6/2020 at 1:18 PM, heart0less said:

A BTS from David Sandberg (the director of "Shazam" and "Lights Out"). Even he made a short film himself during the quarantine.

A lot of great directing tips, but overall I think he has a big tendency to really overcomplicate things. Using Blender and 3D meshes to create shadows?

Awesome couple. Making films together in their apartment. The champs of single room and closet shorts.  Btw, Prospect, a beautiful made scifi short made with the BMCC also got redone as a full feature film.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

hey friends, filmed made last may. but also did a quick one last week. so, here some pre corona single room fun:)

Those look like a very happy times, indeed.

Just a matter of few more weeks (months?) and hopefully they'll be right back.

Thanks for sharing and reviving the thread, Panny!

@heart0less Hey, whats your name?:) Yes, hopefully people will find ways to learn to behave smart, calm, considering and supportive. Hopefully innovative economic processes and social fairness will develeop as well as needed. The free market shows its limits as a controlling tool for the needs  and challenges of a recession of this kind.

Parallel to practical and systemic needs we need to cherish our happiness as well. Was a pleasure to post this and happy that you liked it.:)