JVC is back with a new cinema camera!!

Alt Shoo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Something like an XT3 with RAW output, prores, SDI's, and internal ND's would be a winner in my book. 

The format doesn’t lend itself to connections like SDI. Imo we have enough hybrids. How about a real cinema camera format?

4 hours ago, Alt Shoo said:

@Kisaha there was a question asking if they released a new Camera this year how likely would you purchase it. 

And I said "I will"! But we already have passed half of this year and I do not see it coming.

As of the LS300, I mentioned bad build quality/ergonomics, viewfinder/monitor unusable but not a deal breaker (I found it reasonable for a very cheap camera to use external 5" monitor), bad high ISO performance, lack of a good 10bit codec and I too asked for an XC15 or Canon C form factor with internal NDs and all the rest.

I voted for same combination though, S35 variable sensor with m43 mount AND dual pixel, and preferably some kind of raw but it could be external. 6K could be great, and definitely 60/50 frames at 4K at least, but I do not really care for high speed - there were 2-3 questions about high speed, I am not sure if it is a big deal to a lot of people, but I am using it rarely.

4 hours ago, DBounce said:

The format doesn’t lend itself to connections like SDI. Imo we have enough hybrids. How about a real cinema camera format?

I agree. I also feel compact Cinema Camera needs a rethink of design. Cameras operated by single users especially need better ergonomics, and many ILC/Mirrorless features need to spill into this segment too (IBIS and better autofocus, for instance, even if dual pixel or PDAF may not make it). 

$4000 seems like a good price point, especially considering the MAVO, ZCam and Blackmagic presence in the compact cinema market. Maybe something that merges design elements from the XC10 with those from the C200, and ensuring that there isn't a shortage if connections, recording media isn't too expensive and that a good viewfinder and screen are already attached to the body, may help things.

I chimed in and left my two cents. Full frame, anamorphic support, SDI, color science, etc, etc.

I also insisted that the camera have a shoulder-mounted form factor. I simply do not understand why people have their arms wrapped around the mirrorless style even for dedicated cinema cameras. We have 100+ years of cinema camera design behind us, and none of them looked like a stills camera.

In case you forgot what a real cinema camera looks like:

MV5BYWFkMDFiYzEtZTdlOC00NTRjLWE5NDktYjFkNTY5ZWVhY2U5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIwMjg0Mg@@._V1_.jpg