Fujifilm X-T30?

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

If you take the XT2 and the XT20 as the template for differences, it will be varying amounts of just a bit less.

The just a bit less for quite a bit less is probably going to be quite enough for stills but might not be quite enough for video.

The used price of an XT3 will likely be circa £1000 pretty soon so if the XT30 is around or above £800 (likely it will be) it will be tricky if it leaves off too much in the video aspect.

At that level they should be putting IBIS in it but I think they will keep that as an exclusive for the XH line.

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/preview/fuji-xt2-and-xt20/

1 hour ago, Anaconda_ said:

I really hope they keep Eterna, 4k60p and a 3.5mm mic input.

Heh, if they have the 2.5mm input like the X-A5 that would be annoying but not a deal breaker. 

What do you think they'll leave out? Probably just 1 SD slot right? No Flog? 

Definitely only one SD slot

IBIS would be nice too of course, but I think they're more likely make it a lesser camera than the XT3, not a more attractive purchase.

X-T30 would be the "newer camera" so it is possible that just maybe in one or two areas the X-T30 will be "better". The big hope is IBIS is that area!

7 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

At that level they should be putting IBIS in it but I think they will keep that as an exclusive for the XH line.

Yes they "should have" it in cameras at around this price point. 
And I hope they don't leave it to only X-H series, as the X-H2 is still a fair distance away (in fact, it isn't impossible it might never happen? A bit confusing having X-T3 / X-Pro2 / X-H1 all at once, one of these lines will probably disappear? I bet the X-H1)

• Super Members
14 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Yes they "should have" it in cameras at around this price point. 
And I hope they don't leave it to only X-H series, as the X-H2 is still a fair distance away (in fact, it isn't impossible it might never happen? A bit confusing having X-T3 / X-Pro2 / X-H1 all at once, one of these lines will probably disappear? I bet the X-H1)

I think they'll keep the X-Pro line as they are pretty much in a field of one with that type of camera and have such an established and enthusiastic user base for it that they can rely on to buy the next one in the cycle.

Even for new users they'll see the X-Pro as a gateway drug to the rangefinder version of the GFX so I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least an X-Pro3.

I think the XT and XH line will definitely have to come together sooner rather than later purely because of the fact that cameras like the Z6 are offering the best of both of them (and more) in full frame.

I don't think they necessarily have to go full frame (Fuji are definitely positioning themselves that medium format is the better step up) but they do need to have the same features at a price that reflects the perception of full frame always being 'better'.

The X-H2 will have to have the video spec of the X-T3 with IBIS for about £1500 to make any sense as a differentiator to the X-T3 (£1300) and as a better value against the Z6 (£2000).

After that, I think they should merge them for the X-T4 and if they want to make something video centric then they should go the whole hog and do it in a cinema camera/camcorder form factor.

I guess they take the same approach with the X-T30 as they did with the X-T20. No weather sealing, no battery grip option, just one card slot and not the best viewfinder they have. 

In video, instead of reading out 5K and downsampling it, they did a 4K pixelbinning but had full sensor width. I expect something similar with the X-T30. Probably not all bitrates are going to come either. I could see the X-T30 be limited to Long GOP and 100Mbps instead of the optional All-Intra and 400 Mbps of the T3. But we will know soon

IBIS? 0% chance. That one I know ?

Yeah I would definitely be interested in the X-T30 if they give us some of the higher end video features of the X-T3. How about 10bit up to 30p and 1080p up to 60p, all-I. That would just be enough for me to save the few extra bucks since it will be my glove box hybrid. For me, anything less and I may as well wait 6 months and get the X-T3 for $1200 or less. Now I agree, IBIS would be a genius move and may indicate that they intend on combining the XH and X-T... lines. 

20 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I think they'll keep the X-Pro line as they are pretty much in a field of one with that type of camera and have such an established and enthusiastic user base for it that they can rely on to buy the next one in the cycle.

Even for new users they'll see the X-Pro as a gateway drug to the rangefinder version of the GFX so I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least an X-Pro3.

I think the XT and XH line will definitely have to come together sooner rather than later purely because of the fact that cameras like the Z6 are offering the best of both of them (and more) in full frame.

Yup, and the "merging" of them means keeping the name of one line up (probably X-T) and dropping the other (probably X-H, which has only ever had one). 

20 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I don't think they necessarily have to go full frame (Fuji are definitely positioning themselves that medium format is the better step up) but they do need to have the same features at a price that reflects the perception of full frame always being 'better'.

Yup, I think Fuji is being smart in not attacking the giants head on with FF, but instead attacking from below (APS-C) and from above (MF). 

18 hours ago, mkabi said:

What are the chances a XH-10 would be coming then???

That would split up their line up too much into too many more types. 

• 2 weeks later...

More specs leaked 

https://www.fujirumors.com/?s=X-T30

26.1 million pixel X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor

X-Processor 4

Sensor with a phase difference of 1.16 million pixels covering the entire screen

Continuous shooting of 8 frames per second is possible at mechanical shutter

Blackout-free high-speed continuous shooting at speeds of up to 30 frames per second with about 16.6 million pixels

4K30p video

EVF with finder magnification 0.62 times (same of X-T20)

3.0 type 1.04 million dots touch panel tilt liquid crystal (same of X-T20)

16 types of film simulation

Advanced SR Auto

Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed

Size: 118.4 x 82.8 x 46.8 mm (Fujifilm X-T20 is 118.4mm x 82.8mm x 41.4mm)

Weight: 383 g (save of X-T20)

Color: Black / Silver

The XT30 could very well be the first <$1k to shoot 10 bit 4k video internally, but if not, then I think Z Cam's E2c will cross that line later this year. I too am skeptical that the XT30 will have 10 bit internal, but overall I'm optimistic about the camera. Fuji got everything right with the XT3, let's hope they pull it off again.

53 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

The XT30 could very well be the first <$1k to shoot 10 bit 4k video internally, but if not, then I think Z Cam's E2c will cross that line later this year. I too am skeptical that the XT30 will have 10 bit internal, but overall I'm optimistic about the camera. Fuji got everything right with the XT3, let's hope they pull it off again.

It will still be a remarkably good camera for probably $800-$900. A nice contender to the Sony A6400. I am hoping they give the auto focus performance a boost. I doubt 10 bit but that would be sweet. 

Absolutely ZERO chance of IBIS happening with this body.

I was considering one as my new 'B' camera for this year's wedding season, but going to go with another XH1 instead (an XT3 being my 'A').

Looks like a nice upgrade over the XT20 though which I personally found a bit clunky.

6 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

Yeah the Z Cam E2C should be sure to ship this year, and I think it is just $699? And it will have 4K 10bit internal