Canon C300 mark ii - online tutor wanted!

Robyn Unwin

I just bought a Canon C300 Mark ii and I love it!  I'm new to shooting 4K though, and am starting pre-production on a reality show next month.  I'm looking for someone who can help me get started with a few hours of online coaching in the next week or two.  If you're familiar with external recording with either the Atomos Shogun or Odyssey 7q+ and available and interested, please shoot me an email at  robyn@robynunwin.com  with your rate and best times.  Thanks!  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/29/2018 at 6:40 PM, Robyn Unwin said:

looking for someone who can help me get started with a few hours of online coaching in the next week or two.

If you want to contact jcs (John Schultz) you can reach him directly at Brightland.com.

Context:

“As we enter into the Aquarian age we are waking up to the truth. That we are in control of our thoughts, moods, and success. Many times we get stuck in negative emotion loops. We can break through these loops and find happiness through meditation, hypnotherapy, exercise, detoxification, and optimal nutrition. Our whole planet is going through a shift into higher consciousness: it’s time to flourish and we’ll show you how!” Advertised talk with Jacqui Holland http://www.consciouslifeexpo.com/-2017-lectures/jaque-holland.html

But as stated above he also knows more than just a thing or two about the C300!

8 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

"Many times we get stuck in negative emotion loops. We can break through these loops and find happiness through meditation, hypnotherapy, exercise, detoxification, and optimal nutrition"

I neither want to derail this thread, nor I agree with everything jcs has said over the years, but for anyone feeling depressed, the above steps can be a good alternative to medication. 

He shouldn't be banned though. He was never offensive to anyone, he just often expressed his opinions as facts like everyone else in any forum ever existed. Oops. 

I came to really appreciate his posts and didn't realize that he had been banned.

In hearing this, part of me wonders if the decision to ban someone should maybe sometimes be put to a vote? Not that it my place to say this though.

He certainly contributed more solid info on camera tech etc than the other material, which is somehow relevant - but could have been better tempered - he is from California after all.

Let's all close our eyes for a moment... breath in... and gently request his presence... come back JCS.?

Like I said I liked him. If he went off on a rant I just didn't read it. He didn't seem to mix cameras, and medication, and Aliens coming together LoL. And from most recent hidden UFO leaks I guess he may be right! He does know a hell of a lot of cine stuff sorely needed on here.

We are getting to a point where you can actually afford to buy damn good 1080p, 4K Cine cameras used or even new. And they are a different beast compared to what most of us have ever used. So he and others like JB, Zak etc. are needed for input on topics we lack real knowledge in. Yeah bring him back if he wants to.

7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

But it was a bit like having a spambot around.

Yeah, why do we need JCS when we've got real spambots?

(there is quite a big problem of them in the EOSHD subforums....)

7 hours ago, Snowfun said:

I certainly wouldn’t object to inviting him back (he had interesting and useful stuff to say) but possibly with a request to stay on topic and less of the pseudoscience?

If he'd just stick to the technical stuff (even though he did have some strange ideas about audio) then I'd be glad to see him back.