Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Most of the clip is overexposed/clipping. I extracted two correctly exposed frames from the ungraded material and exported them as 16bit PNGs (losslessy compressed). So, if you want to play with the material but don't want to download the whole 11GB:

http://data.pleintekst.nl/grab_1.1.1.png
http://data.pleintekst.nl/grab_1.1.2.png

And here a simple grade/color correction using Resolve Color Space Transformation from Blackmagic 4.6K film log to Rec709, luminance mapping + simple Gamma color tint correction:

grab_1.2.1.jpg

Looking good IMHO, with BM's signature smooth and rich image (no artificial sharpening, but with true detail).

Lovely detail and texture in the decanters and glasses on the left which (to my eye) contrasts beautifully with the depth of the skin. Looking forward to seeing more of what the camera will do and, equally, what chaps like @cantsin are able to produce.

> no prominent fan noise

> apparently useable atmo

> body sounds like yoghurt cup

> comparatively clean shadows (in underexposed parts), noise level acceptable (Dual ISO at work)

> noticed no moire

> slight but acceptable RS

28 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 14.06.25.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 14.06.35.png

Where are those from? Link?

What is the mount? Can't really see an adapter there (I am on mobile though).

That is the exact opposite of pocketable, but I am expecting most people to use a similar setup.

If anyone do not care for AF, a 18-55+Pocket4K combo is 1/3 of the money of a C200+18-80 in my country. 

Would rather have the second one, but for the money difference and versality, the first one does make a lot more sense.

24 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I’d still choose the Veydras unless you are crazy pressed for time. 

It is not "crazy", it is the most common situation, at least in my field.

Current corporate job, we have the common trio of EF lenses (18-200) and I have to change a lot of dozens of times per working day and that is the least of my concerns.

We have a car full of equipment and just 1 (me) and a half (DoP) people to do all the carrying, setting up, sound, using the cameras e.t.c same story in TV, and documentaries, live events e.t.c

Directors and producers do not carry anything -hardly themselves, and have no clue what focal length they want, so better to have a couple of zooms, instead of 5 primes!

I seriously looking forward to have a camera and 2 lenses combo for my next setup, hopefully parfocal with AF and a zoom rocker, not see it happen though.

22 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Current corporate job, we have the common trio of EF lenses (18-200) and I have to change a lot of dozens of times per working day and that is the least of my concerns.

We have a car full of equipment and just 1 (me) and a half (DoP) people to do all the carrying, setting up, sound, using the cameras e.t.c same story in TV, and documentaries, live events e.t.c

Directors and producers do not carry anything -hardly themselves, and have no clue what focal length they want, so better to have a couple of zooms, instead of 5 primes!

I seriously looking forward to have a camera and 2 lenses combo for my next setup, hopefully parfocal with AF and a zoom rocker, not see it happen though.

Could be, you know more than I do. But primes aren’t about to disappear anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Incidentally, 'crazy' in this instance does not mean 'deranged', 'unheard of' or 'not sensible' - it simply means 'extremely' - as in 'crazy busy' - which is the condition you describe, and which is precisely the type of situation I was referring to when I said, 'unless you are crazy pressed for time.' But thank you for your feedback.

3 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Dealing with different shooting situations (just today I was in such complex one - tight indoor and extremely spacial outdoor) I realized that I'm most satisfied and mostly covered with such solution: two cameras, both with one prime on it - (utra)wide and portrait. (M43 system is especially great for easy accomplishing such choice.)

BTW I had SLR Magic 10mm and Voigtlander 42.5mm for my task - both, of course, extremely recommended for BMPCC...

7 hours ago, bigmouthmedia said:

Silly question - does it do LOG (whatever BM call theirs) ? I can't seem to find specs for that (and assuming RAW is a different thing than LOG).

All Blackmagic Cinema Cameras - including the old version of the Pocket - have always shot Log in 10bit ProRes (called "Film" in the camera setting for the color space). 

BM sucks at marketing.

What they better shouldn't do:

- Call their cameras "Pocket Cinema camera" when 90% of people/consumers associate "pocket" with a small, easy-to-use point-and-shoot camera, rather than a Cinema Camera (like Arri/RED) shrunk to Pocket size (in relative terms).

What they should do:

- Advertise their cameras with "10bit ProRes log - always included, not a paid update, since 2012!"

- Advertise their cameras with "Raw video - no hack or external recorder needed, since 2012!"

- Advertise their cameras with "the only 12bit video camera under $2000, since 2013!"

- Advertise their cameras with "the only sub-$2000 camera with no artificial sharpening and noise filtering, since 2013!"

1 hour ago, anonim said:

Dealing with different shooting situations (just today I was in such complex one - tight indoor and extremely spacial outdoor) I realized that I'm most satisfied and mostly covered with such solution: two cameras, both with one prime on it - (utra)wide and portrait. (M43 system is especially great for easy accomplishing such choice.)

BTW I had SLR Magic 10mm and Voigtlander 42.5mm for my task - both, of course, extremely recommended for BMPCC...

Do you know how the quality of the SLR Magic 10mm compares to their 17mm? I have the SLR Magic 17 and it's nice, but it doesn't come close to the quality of my voigtlander.