Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

2 hours ago, ktfright said:

Where at? I've been scouring the whole internet for a deal, cause it's either that, a used X-T3, an RP, or the E2C. I can't even really find a worthwhile price used, except for a dude who was selling one with a cracked screen he later sold for $500.

Check the Facebook Marketplace. Also, people post on the Blackmagic Pocket 4K FB Group too.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 2/19/2020 at 10:48 PM, Palanza87 said:

So having shot with the bmpcc4k now for most of 2019 figured I'd share a finished video if anyone is thinking about doing wedding work with one. 

Yeah. after you rig it up it's actually great for wedding. 

On 2/19/2020 at 12:48 PM, Palanza87 said:

So having shot with the bmpcc4k now for most of 2019 figured I'd share a finished video if anyone is thinking about doing wedding work with one. 

Holy cow, that is great! May I ask about your grading process?

2 hours ago, seanzzxx said:

Holy cow, that is great! May I ask about your grading process?

hey thanks! so i try to do the ole expose to the right technique and I use leeming lut profiles/luts to get me close. then slap a little custom tone at the end that i came up with! when everythings exposed right damn its just beautiful but when i end up with some weird exposures and off white balances it can be a super bear to color correct haha

10 hours ago, anonim said:

Short shot with Pocket 4k and Dzofilm 20-70mm Parfocal Cine Zoom T2.9

Beautifully shot. 

Looks like the 6k wins out by a small but noticeable margin. 
Both cameras are really impressive though, the highlight recovery tool in resolve is incredible. 

5 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

That is really interesting. I thought both cameras were the same except for resolution and mount.

Yeah I think Cinema 5d really f'ed up with their dynamic range testings on it. The Pocket 6k is way overlooked image wise. It really goes toe to toe with almost any camera out there. 

On 2/22/2020 at 7:05 AM, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah I think Cinema 5d really f'ed up with their dynamic range testings on it. The Pocket 6k is way overlooked image wise. It really goes toe to toe with almost any camera out there. 

So what's the verdict if someone want's to get a BM cam? P4K or P6K?

1 hour ago, TurboRat said:

So what's the verdict if someone want's to get a BM cam? P4K or P6K?

I'd get the Pocket 4k,

Reasons: Larger FOV with speedbooster (1.3 crop vs 1.6), ability to shoot 4k with no crop(don't want 6k all the time). 

So it depends on the person. The Pocket 6k has better color science, higher resolution, more dynamic range. Big downsides for me is you can't shoot non cropped 4k RAW and of course no prores 6k(not as big of deal), worse internal battery life(if you'll use internal batteries), EF mount (could be good or bad?). 

If you don't make a ton of your camera purchases the Pocket 4k could save you 1k that could go to rigging it out (or buying food to live lol)

13 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I'd get the Pocket 4k,

Reasons: Larger FOV with speedbooster (1.3 crop vs 1.6), ability to shoot 4k with no crop(don't want 6k all the time). 

So it depends on the person. The Pocket 6k has better color science, higher resolution, more dynamic range. Big downsides for me is you can't shoot non cropped 4k RAW and of course no prores 6k(not as big of deal), worse internal battery life(if you'll use internal batteries), EF mount (could be good or bad?). 

If you don't make a ton of your camera purchases the Pocket 4k could save you 1k that could go to rigging it out (or buying food to live lol)

Good writeup.

I've been tempted to upgrade my P4K to P6K many times.  But, I always stop when I see that the P6K can't do 4K/120 although I dig that its anamorphic has more resolution than the P4K.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:48 PM, Palanza87 said:

pretty couple, awesome video,  nice staging if thats whats its called and the lacquer on that door is incredible. I want one , actually i want both doors 😀

Pocket 4K is an incredible value. That being said, the pocket 6k can be a worthwhile upgrade - it was for me.

The increased amount of detail (more than double the pixels) is not trivial. If you have a 5K monitor you can see the difference; the pocket 4K looks soft and slightly out of focus in comparison. 

The low light is also noticeably better. The larger sensor helps, but 6K downscaled to 4K really reduces noise and gives you a much cleaner image. You can get a Speedbooster for the 4K, but that brings the price close to the 6K.

Of course, some complain about the lens mount, but I haven’t found it an issue considering the availability, range, and variety of EF (and EF-S) lenses from various manufacturers.

I’ve found the Canon 10-18mm and 18-135mm nano usm to be great lightweight, affordable, stabilized lenses. For fast and wide, the sigma 20mm 1.4 has been stellar.