Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

To me it's a bit strange,  this is their fourth  camera with this form factor. So then I guess this means the price cuts will be coming on the E2? If they where flying off the shelves they would not be offering this model. 

I think they should have gone with internal ssd slot like Kinefinity. 

They surely invested their R&D in this form factor. Not strange at all. Good sign they're going in the right direction. It would be strangely bad if they would show a new design each new launch. The hardware must be limited to 4K 60p. Pity not possible 4K 60p to compete with P4K, unless they're protecting their slowmotion offer.

5 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

They surely invested their R&D in this form factor. Not strange at all. Good sign they're going in the right direction. It would be strangely bad if they would show a new design each new launch. The hardware must be limited to 4K 60p. Pity not possible 4K 60p to compete with P4K, unless they're protecting their slowmotion offer.

I think that's what it is... they are tiering their offerings. 

20 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Now at its peak, most believe that Netflix is over (everyone with content, and their mothers are doing or have streaming services).

I think (and hope) it will be like spotify in the future. Everything will be available to everyone, for a price obviously, but that is cheap already.

I don't see how Netflix is over. We always had Production - Distribution - Exhibition. The latter two rule this industry. 

The E2C is certainly an interesting new camera. My guess is it's the same sensor as the E1, but with a better processor, and updated I/O to fit with the E2 family. If so, there was minimal R&D involved, just putting together pieces Z Cam was already familiar with. I'm not really interested in buying one, but it seems like a brilliant option for live streamers. POE can really cut cable clutter.

For $800 you can get a brand new camera that shoots 10 bit internally. Amazing how far we've come.

On a more speculative note, a future that I've imagined is using a tiny PC as a recorder. Run ethernet from the camera to the PC, affix an audio interface to the top, and record multi-track audio in sync with the video using your favorite software. No timecode or synchronization needed, just one record button for everything. You can use codec you want, any hard drive you want. Review footage and edit metadata with a full blown OS.

5 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

It might be better to buy a Panasonic GH4 and a Ninja V than the E2C. You have a full blown proven camera with a great recorder.

It might be, but the E2C is significantly cheaper for a brand new camera, even compared to a used GH4 and a new Ninja V, plus the E2C is a significantly smaller setup. If  you already have an apple phone, your monitor needs are already covered. With the E2C, you get H.265, and I assume it will eventually have ProRes internally. It seems there are advantages to both.

5 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

It might be, but the E2C is significantly cheaper for a brand new camera, even compared to a used GH4 and a new Ninja V, plus the E2C is a significantly smaller setup. If  you already have an apple phone, your monitor needs are already covered. With the E2C, you get H.265, and I assume it will eventually have ProRes internally. It seems there are advantages to both.

Yeah but what happens when you get a phone call on your phone LoL. ?

8 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Definitely a safe option, tho the GH4 is worse in low light then the 5 and niether are great. I'd go with a GH5 with IBIS and 4k 60

The GH5 is a lot more expensive even used, compared to the E2C. The E2C is like if Panasonic had put 4k 10 bit into their G85.

1 minute ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah but what happens when you get a phone call on your phone LoL. ?

Same thing that already happens when you get a phone call during a shoot... you ignore it and don't ruin the take.

Haha, I kid--it's a valid point. But to be fair, people already use their iphones to shoot serious videos. It's easier to pop the monitor off and make a call on it than to get it out of one of those fancy rig/cage things with the lens on front and everything lol.

31 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

There you go! And you get to feel like a secret agent every time you use it.

Pretty crazy when I was a kid over 60 years ago, gulp, the Dick Tracy watch thing was the neatest thing I remember wanting. It is just now happening. A hell of a long time to wait!

13 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Just noticed its not the same sensor as the E2. 

And 11.5 stops of Dynamic Range seems curious for a M43 sensor (even the 1inch sensor do upto 12.5 Stops). Something is curious about this sensor, it cannot possibly be due to the codec.