Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
19 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

I dont think it is global shutter.

Probably not, no.

They do seem to be getting closer with the GS version of the E2 though.

Curious to see how many people's long stated desire for global shutter translates into actual sales for them.

6 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Probably not, no.

Curious to see how many people's long stated desire for global shutter translates into actual sales for them.

I hope it translates into a lot of sales, i am very eager for global shutter to be a standard feature.

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Probably not, no.

I think it would have IF they didn't shrink the sensor to only 1". That pretty much killed the dream for most would be customers. 

• Super Members
10 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I think it would have IF they didn't shrink the sensor to only 1". That pretty much killed the dream for most would be customers. 

The E2-GS is only a 1" sensor ?

I haven't really been following the story but I presumed from this that it was the same size as the regular E2?

864852430_ScreenShot2019-01-01at00_55_52.png.da398bed3437470385754efe1a2a4470.png

• Super Members
Just now, KnightsFan said:

@BTM_Pix Nope, the global shutter versions have a 1" sensor. Smaller sensor, less DR, much lower frame rates and significantly higher price. Very tough pills to swallow for that sweet global shutter.

I see.

Yes, that is unfortunate.

And quite surprising as well really that 5 years on from the BM 4K Production Camera that the next comparably priced GS sensor camera to come along should be a much smaller sensor one.

11 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yeah, I think for that money I would search for a used Digital Bolex instead. 

Or the BM 4K Production Camera and some lights.

And a lot of change left over.

14 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Doesn’t the Ursa Mini 4K have the same sensor as the BM 4K Production? I’ve seen some used ones go for less than $2000. 

Yes they are the same sensor.

14 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Adorama has like three of the BMPC 4K's for 699 dollars each. They all need an internal battery that cost like 80 dollars to buy. Amazing price for such a good camera.

https://www.adorama.com/us 1056841.html

15 hours ago, mercer said:

Yeah, I think for that money I would search for a used Digital Bolex instead. 

They are fetching around $3k on eBay. But before we get all romantic about cameras of old, let’s not forget that most of these classics had abysmal low-light performance.

25 minutes ago, DBounce said:

They are fetching around $3k on eBay. But before we get all romantic about cameras of old, let’s not forget that most of these classics had abysmal low-light performance.

Yeah but I believe most of the older ones look better than the newer ones output wise. I am not really impressed with any of the newer stuff. But I do like the M50 output in 1080p. As for low light, yeah they sort of suck. But plenty of cheap lighting out now, and if you plan ahead you can always find a place that has decent lighting. A street light, a store front. Indoor lighting at a bar, restaurant really add to a great look. I think it adds character more than takes away from it.

23 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah but I believe most of the older ones look better than the newer ones output wise. I am not really impressed with any of the newer stuff. But I do like the M50 output in 1080p. As for low light, yeah they sort of suck. But plenty of cheap lighting out now, and if you plan ahead you can always find a place that has decent lighting. A street light, a store front. Indoor lighting at a bar, restaurant really add to a great look. I think it adds character more than takes away from it.

IDK, I think the newer look is growing on me.  I do like what global shutter does to motion cadence. 

6 minutes ago, DBounce said:

IDK, I think the newer look is growing on me.  I do like what global shutter does to motion cadence. 

Yeah I like them also, but sad to say they are not so hot in low light and DR either. And the newer look is in no doubt. Almost every camera now has it. Big problem I guess is that almost all of them have a Sony processor in them. So no surprise they sort of look the same LoL.

Latest rumor I heard is that even Canon maybe using Sony sensors in their APSC cameras down the road. Tremendous R&D costs to keep up with Sony on Sensors.

4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah I like them also, but sad to say they are not so hot in low light and DR either. And the newer look is in no doubt. Almost every camera now has it. Big problem I guess is that almost all of them have a Sony processor in them. So no surprise they sort of look the same LoL.

The Nikon Z6 and Z7 do not use Sony sensors. Canon also use their own sensors. 

26 minutes ago, DBounce said:

The Nikon Z6 and Z7 do not use Sony sensors. Canon also use their own sensors. 

Trust me they are Sony sensors made to Nikon specs, made in Sony fab machines. And Canon has been using Sony sensors for years in their cheaper P&S, and 1' cameras. Canon is so far behind Sony and Samsung they will Never catch up. They shit around way too long. They can not afford the R&D and Fab plants to even do it now. Sony has the market sewed up. If Canon had not lucked out and thought about DPAF they would be a nobody in this day and age. Who ever the engineer was that invented it they ought to give them the keys to Canon. It has somewhat saved their ass. Most everyone else has caught up with Canon on the Color Science part. The GH5s, A7 III look Canonish as hell. Same with the Venice Sony CS. Canon is a one trick pony in this day and age now. And with eye and face detect now it is becoming less of a great need. Hell I really like Canon, but they are just plain stupid as of late. This intentional gimping crap is just that, crap. The EOS-R actually is a glorified M50 to be honest for 4 times the price!

• Super Members
2 hours ago, mercer said:

Doesn’t the Ursa Mini 4K have the same sensor as the BM 4K Production? I’ve seen some used ones go for less than $2000. 

Yes with the addition of more frame rates and certainly a more favourable form factor for run and gun.

But then against that we have this here....

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Adorama has like three of the BMPC 4K's for 699 dollars each. They all need an internal battery that cost like 80 dollars to buy. Amazing price for such a good camera.

The BMPC really is heading into no brainer prices used if you are prepared to accept it's slightly limited operational envelope and form factor/ergonomics.

The upside over the Ursa Mini is being able to use SSDs over C-Fast so there is an additional saving there, though even with the internal battery it still does need a powering solution, although there's no need to break the bank for those.

Not difficult to find pretty compelling examples of its output on YouTube either.

Its arguably actually more difficult to find examples from it that aren't compelling considering the prices they are now selling for.

The solution to which one to choose between is of course to wait another 12 months for a bit more devaluation when you will probably be able to pick up both for $2000 ;)