Jump to content
IronFilm

Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Depends on what you shoot. Besides image quality, the GH5S has it’s advantages over the BM. 

The argument should be more to do with whether a camera is “best suited” to a particular shooter. Based on the everyday shooter, the Alexa 65 is the worst modern camera ever. 

 

But this applies to every case, isn't it? Where the Osmo Pocket can be the only one to fit your pocket where the Arri doesn't serve to even open the Pelican case, isn't it?

I mean for most usual situations where continuous autofocus as said and for instance won't help you anything, one is preferred over the other.

 

12 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I haven't shot with it, but I am aware of how bright the monitor is which is enough to tell me there would be issues in certain situations. I don't think its a dealbreaker. 

People focus in nonexistent or insignificant issues to justify to themselves to be out of the boat for some other reason : -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

But this applies to every case, isn't it? Where the Osmo Pocket can be the only one to fit your pocket where the Arri doesn't serve to even open the Pelican case, isn't it?

I mean for most usual situations where continuous autofocus as said and for instance won't help you anything, one is preferred over the other.

Yes every case. The best camera is the one that suits you. 

Z cam have an advantage (which they should really market heavily) that their camera is very customisable to users needs and it’s very versatile. 

GH5/S is a very highly quality “all in one” pick up and shoot with expanded professional options. Stills too! 

BMPCC4k for exceptional quality at a low price, more niche and specialised.

No camera is better than the other here, but will be better or worse for different situations and shooters. 

For me, I simply can’t replace the GH5 for how it serves my work. Using the BMPCC4k or ZCam instead could be problematic, but for others, a revelation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything you say it is correct.

Certain truths concur as well though.

You may have no need of a much higher bit rate and better codec or a larger and more useful monitor experience for example.

These or those features are yet there. Z Cam E2 4K/120p, as for instance.

No matter they fit your cup of tea or not. Impossible to ignore or underestimate them.

I just make mention for the sake of objectivity, regardless personal tastes or affections of your/my/their own : -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I haven't shot with it, but I am aware of how bright the monitor is which is enough to tell me there would be issues in certain situations. I don't think its a dealbreaker. 

Coming from unlimited 3" camera monitors (sorry to assume things for you, but this is my educated guess), you will be amazed of how wonderful a 5" monitor look at the back of a "small" camera. It is just an experience of a different level.

The brightness is on par, or brighter, than most of the cameras in the market. I am not sure which ? is brighter than this, certainly not A7 and a6xxx cameras and older Fuji's.

The User Interface (and GUI) also is realistically the best in business right now, coupled with the huge screen, is a breeze to use.

I do not like the buttons and wheels. Feel cheap, and probably are.

I prefer the Z's form factor for a dedicated video camera, or even better an XC15's form factor, but everything else favors the Pocket.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Coming from unlimited 3" camera monitors (sorry to assume things for you, but this is my educated guess), you will be amazed of how wonderful a 5" monitor look at the back of a "small" camera. It is just an experience of a different level.

The brightness is on par, or brighter, than most of the cameras in the market. I am not sure which ? is brighter than this, certainly not A7 and a6xxx cameras and older Fuji's.

The User Interface (and GUI) also is realistically the best in business right now, coupled with the huge screen, is a breeze to use.

I do not like the buttons and wheels. Feel cheap, and probably are.

I prefer the Z's form factor for a dedicated video camera, or even better an XC15's form factor, but everything else favors the Pocket.

 

I have used external monitors including Black Magic's 5 inch, not sure if its better then that or not. My issue is not the monitor itself its that I can't tilt it. If I am doing a high or low shot on a gimbal it can just be problematic. Not a huge deal as if you are exposed and focused it doesn't really matter if you can see the monitor or not.

Debating between the Z cam, GH5S, and BMP4K atm. I am kind of getting over the auto focus craze, though its definitely useful sometimes. The GH5S auto focus is decent but I am not sure its good enough to sway my decision. The extra DR with the BMP is definitely a selling point for me, though I am not sure how much I'll use raw. I don't know how much the difference is between GH5S HLG and BM prores in terms of dynamic range.

The Z cam has the 4K 120fps, form factor, and possible extra dynamic range going for it. Still waiting on some solid dynamic range test in Zlog2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Coming from unlimited 3" camera monitors (sorry to assume things for you, but this is my educated guess), you will be amazed of how wonderful a 5" monitor look at the back of a "small" camera. It is just an experience of a different level.

The brightness is on par, or brighter, than most of the cameras in the market. I am not sure which ? is brighter than this, certainly not A7 and a6xxx cameras and older Fuji's.

The User Interface (and GUI) also is realistically the best in business right now, coupled with the huge screen, is a breeze to use.

I do not like the buttons and wheels. Feel cheap, and probably are.

I prefer the Z's form factor for a dedicated video camera, or even better an XC15's form factor, but everything else favors the Pocket.

 

Right. You took my own standpoint in your words : )

On the leftover, take it as a woman with a modest academic background. She can give you what the PhD girl surely won't. Peace of mind when you'll plan your vacations with ; -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Right. You took my own standpoint in your words : )

On the leftover, take it as a woman with a modest academic background. She can give you what the PhD girl surely won't. Peace of mind when you'll plan your vacations with ; -)

Sounds like you have been drinking a bit too much Ouzo LoL. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I have used external monitors including Black Magic's 5 inch, not sure if its better then that or not. My issue is not the monitor itself its that I can't tilt it. If I am doing a high or low shot on a gimbal it can just be problematic. Not a huge deal as if you are exposed and focused it doesn't really matter if you can see the monitor or not.

Debating between the Z cam, GH5S, and BMP4K atm. I am kind of getting over the auto focus craze, though its definitely useful sometimes. The GH5S auto focus is decent but I am not sure its good enough to sway my decision. The extra DR with the BMP is definitely a selling point for me, though I am not sure how much I'll use raw. I don't know how much the difference is between GH5S HLG and BM prores in terms of dynamic range.

The Z cam has the 4K 120fps, form factor, and possible extra dynamic range going for it. Still waiting on some solid dynamic range test in Zlog2.

Didn't you just buy the X-T3?!!

I was reffering to the Pocket's monitor as an inbuild camera monitor. It is the biggest one existed on a camera. I like tilt mechanisms my self, not fully articulating screens, but 

In my country, the difference between GH5S and P4K is exactly 1000$, which is almost another P4K (minus the Resolve license!). 

If you care for video AF you should look elsewhere (like, Canon/Nikon/Sony elsewhere).

If I remember correctly you do very small movies, so you may benefited from raw more than most in here.

I decided long time ago that 120frames are not even in my top 8 characteristics of a camera, it may be important for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

 

Didn't you just buy the X-T3?!!

I was reffering to the Pocket's monitor as an inbuild camera monitor. It is the biggest one existed on a camera. I like tilt mechanisms my self, not fully articulating screens, but 

In my country, the difference between GH5S and P4K is exactly 1000$, which is almost another P4K (minus the Resolve license!). 

If you care for video AF you should look elsewhere (like, Canon/Nikon/Sony elsewhere).

If I remember correctly you do very small movies, so you may benefited from raw more than most in here.

I decided long time ago that 120frames are not even in my top 8 characteristics of a camera, it may be important for you.

Exactly. Even though their best to change that with a new update on their infamous autofocus performance. Better today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I am the Greek, he is the Portuguese, similar in temperament, different in drinks!

Yeah but he gets around the world a lot. He is an interesting person. I would not have taken him for a Teetotal. I Knew something was off about him LoL. ?

Sort of like the old joke, I was thinking I had a drinking problem, so to solve it I gave up thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah but he gets around the world a lot. He is an interesting person. I would not have taken him for a Teetotal. I Knew something was off about him LoL. ?

Although, not enough to convince you to join us Pocket 4K lovers ; ) Yet. LOL

This Z Cam E2 is the only one closer to match.

Pity they didn't add a 5-inch monitor for 50% plus.

May they build a worldwide support channel like BMD, they would be able to compete with then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Although, not enough to convince you to join us Pocket 4K lovers ; ) Yet. LOL

This Z Cam E2 is the only one closer to match.

Pity they didn't add a 5-inch monitor in the $2K pack.

May they build a worldwide support channel like BMD, they would be able to compete with then.

Boy right now I can't even afford the Osmo Pocket LoL. I am sort of interested in this Z E2 thing a bit to be honest. I like what they are doing with it. God there is so many damn good cameras out now. I'll be honest I really do like the GH5s. Just too damn expensive, and hardly any used ones around. I will just have to wait and see what comes up down the road money wise for me. I really need to buy stuff that is used for my income. I really have no way to make extra money. I have to sell something to buy something. No money for multiple toys LoL..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Although, not enough to convince you to join us Pocket 4K lovers ; ) Yet. LOL

This Z Cam E2 is the only one closer to match.

Pity they didn't add a 5-inch monitor for 50% plus.

May they build a worldwide support channel like BMD, they would be able to compete with then.

a 5" monitor for 25% less!

They are very persistent, maybe in 5 years we all buy Z cameras, and why not!

Chinese are very successful lately, they just have to up their game in quality control and it is game over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Boy right now I can't even afford the Osmo Pocket LoL. I am sort of interested in this Z E2 thing a bit to be honest. I like what they are doing with it. God there is so many damn good cameras out now. I'll be honest I really do like the GH5s. Just too damn expensive, and hardly any used ones around. I will just have to wait and see what comes up down the read money wise for me. I really need to buy stuff that is used for my income. I really have no way to make extra money. I have to sell something to buy something. No money for multiple toys LoL..

In this Christmas eve, a brother of mine who is self-centered in still photography quoted this MFT format as the most versatile ever for motion picture because of glass options. I second all that with an extra add-on to his comment, my known perspective as well. The most affordable path a filmmaker can find. The indie tool per excellence. Coppola's dream 3-4 decades ago. For somewhat reason he ended to choose the GH2 over Alexa & RED, I guess.

49 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

a 5" monitor for 25% less!

They are very persistent, maybe in 5 years we all buy Z cameras, and why not!

Chinese are very successful lately, they just have to up their game in quality control and it is game over!

Much of these manufacturers (with their respective departments line) work on Saturday and can even surprise you to answer along their Sundays. Without mention they are competently responsive. Pretty impressive : -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Funny usage, my friend, stop giving us ideas LOL So to that you have the Osmo Pocket, why bother for something else? xD

How do you know you can't see the LCD in the bright sun? You never touched one... Yet. Let's buy one to begin with before to pretend to be an opinion-maker for the subject matter ; -)

P4K is one amongst several identical ones under that perspective from yours.

Easily to speak without clue, isn't it? : D Buy one man to be able to review it : -P

Hey, I have a clue... I've played with both of these cameras,  and I can tell you this,  I find the Z much more interesting than the P4K. Besides, do we really need another P4K review?

That said there is so much coming out next year that it might be better to sit on the sidelines if you already have usable cameras. I'm really curious to see what Panasonic comes out with to vanquish all the competition. And lets not count out Sony just yet... they have the tech, but do they have the will?

I'll wait until the dust settles and then decide. For now I'm more interested in the other elements such as camera movement and lighting. Let's face it any one of these cameras can produce a cinematic image it you nail the other components.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Hey, I have a clue... I've played with both of these cameras (...) Besides, do we really need another P4K review?

How long? Where? From NAB floor? I have no need for because I have one unit sit here at my side. You instead... : )

17 minutes ago, DBounce said:

and I can tell you this,  I find the Z much more interesting than the P4K.

Price wise...? LOL Unless you want to genlock two units, you want to take advantage from H.265 or 4K 120p. Other than that, my friend... ; )

17 minutes ago, DBounce said:

That said there is so much coming out next year that it might be better to sit on the sidelines if you already have usable cameras. I'm really curious to see what Panasonic comes out with to vanquish all the competition. And lets not count out Sony just yet... they have the tech, but do they have the will?

Correct. Not will nor price target in the first case. At what mark? $4,500?

17 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I'll wait until the dust settles and then decide. For now I'm more interested in the other elements such as camera movement and lighting. Let's face it any one of these cameras can produce a cinematic image it you nail the other components.

Agreed, finally... ; -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

 

Didn't you just buy the X-T3?!!

I was reffering to the Pocket's monitor as an inbuild camera monitor. It is the biggest one existed on a camera. I like tilt mechanisms my self, not fully articulating screens, but 

In my country, the difference between GH5S and P4K is exactly 1000$, which is almost another P4K (minus the Resolve license!). 

If you care for video AF you should look elsewhere (like, Canon/Nikon/Sony elsewhere).

If I remember correctly you do very small movies, so you may benefited from raw more than most in here.

I decided long time ago that 120frames are not even in my top 8 characteristics of a camera, it may be important for you.

Yes lol and I also just got an XH1. Only because it was an incredible deal. 

I am confident I can get a GH5S for under $1500 used, so the difference becomes $200 as I don't really need resolve. If the GH5S had IBIS I would get it no questions asked but alas it doesn't. I am not in a great need for a camera at the moment as once the XH1 arrives I'll have 3 cameras. I am most likely going to wait until mid next year to purchase something else. More news of new cameras will be out by then and possibly some of the cameras I am looking at now will be even cheaper used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally found some footage with sharpening set to weak (which should mean it's off).
Looks great to me, but still looks like it's gone through some temporal noise reduction (could be the codec as well though)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14FoFmymWaGRdAkOC24Zzn4MdAbLxDvr6/view?fbclid=IwAR2hlml1Ysb3x3RX1U4LdQu0zFmC33cmpy_JMOkmH5uY9jofHgHVr76ftTo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...