Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Who do you think will put out a RAW camera? Sony and Canon can't even do 10 bit internal yet. Pana is moving to full frame, so I doubt the GH series will see RAW.

I think the challenge will come from China. It will probably get fierce... Look at the drone and gimbal market. There are not shortage of contenders. Competition is good for the consumers. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, DBounce said:

I think the challenge will come from China. It will probably get fierce... Look at the drone and gimbal market. There are not shortage of contenders. Competition is good for the consumers. 

A lot of people in the Gimbal market, but it seems like DJI really owns the Drone market, who else really competes with them in terms of high quality products? Would definitely be interesting to see some other companies start getting into the mix. 

53 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Like Z Cam who this thread is about!
And also Kinefinity. 
And DJI too (who are a chinese company, and their X5R & X7 cameras are impressive).

Yeah but Kinefinity isn't really competing with anyone, very small market. 

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Parrot Drones are pretty nice also.

https://www.parrot.com/us/drones#bundles

Yeah but even their most expensive drone (which is not even expensive at $599) only has a 2 axis gimbal. 

I don't see anyone putting out DJI level products or even attempting. 

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah but even their most expensive drone (which is not even expensive at $599) only has a 2 axis gimbal. 

I don't see anyone putting out DJI level products or even attempting. 

True, but if you are not too good at flying you don't want to buy a 4000 dollar drone. Some of their stuff is not hard to fly.

Engineer on the FB group said they are talking to a 3rd party company about a monitor that can control the camera, then today they sent a link to buy the PortKeys LH5 HDR (which does have that ability)

$279

5 inch

1500NITS

1080p

Pinch to Zoom

3D LUTS, focus assist, false colors...

360 degree swivel arm

available Jan. 1st

Those two together would be a really great little package. I might buy both today. If the camera turns out to be a dud I can return it to B&H for 30 days. If it turns out to be incredible, then I'll sell my GH5 and get a 2nd for interview set ups.

4 minutes ago, FreshGiant said:

Engineer on the FB group said they are talking to a 3rd party company about a monitor that can control the camera, then today they sent a link to buy the PortKeys LH5 HDR (which does have that ability)

Wow! That does make the camera even more interesting 

Looked up the link for the curious:

https://suikui.myshopify.com/collections/monitor-on-camera-field/products/lh5-hdr-5-1500nit-4k-signal-support-touch-screen-1920-x-1080-hdmi-on-camera-monitor-with-hdr

Supports 3D LUTs, ones you can upload yourself? If so I'll be tempted to buy this monitor myself. 

16 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Wow! That does make the camera even more interesting 

Looked up the link for the curious:

https://suikui.myshopify.com/collections/monitor-on-camera-field/products/lh5-hdr-5-1500nit-4k-signal-support-touch-screen-1920-x-1080-hdmi-on-camera-monitor-with-hdr

Supports 3D LUTs, ones you can upload yourself? If so I'll be tempted to buy this monitor myself. 

https://suikui.myshopify.com/collections/monitor-on-camera-field/products/hs7-7-1200nit-bright-4k-signal-support-hdmi-3g-sdi-on-camera-monitor

they also have a 7 inch sdi version for $329, amazing!

57 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

It's actually been in and out of stock a few times at B&H.

That just tells you they are not stocking many as the interest is sparse. From reading what early adopters are reporting this camera comes with certain hiccups. Not that the same cannot be said of the P4K... but at least it can be serviced locally.

16 minutes ago, DBounce said:

That just tells you they are not stocking many as the interest is sparse. From reading what early adopters are reporting this camera comes with certain hiccups. Not that the same cannot be said of the P4K... but at least it can be serviced locally.

Myth. No more than the major players. Ain't you the guy who had two Fuji units to come back to the warehouse? FYI BMD has the best service available you can find out there.

E : -)