Canon M50 mirrorless camera features 4K video

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Kitted with the 22mm would be interesting.

most eos m owners already own that 22mm, its a sharp and fast lens but really not suitable for arms length vlogging

11-22mm probably much better, even with 2.4x crop it is 26mm which is totally fine

without crop the 15-45mm is perfect

it will be the best seller in youtube industry and hurt a lot of Sony/Panasonic entry - mid range budget cameras 

32 minutes ago, eoslover said:

Canon EOS M50 Body (Black) $779

Canon EOS M50 (Black) w/EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM $899

Canon EOS M50 (White) w/EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM $899

Canon EOS M50 (Black) w/Zoom Lens Kit $1249

Canon EOS M50 Video Creators Kit $999

Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI $399

not too bad for $779

Ohhhh yes, every day this new baby looks better to my eyes, and the price is sooooo right.....finger crossed the specs leaked are correct....I think if this is the case...Canon is going to sell this baby like hot cakes.......and the GH5s is not going to sell like the GH5 at all. Sorry Panny!!!! 

43 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

Ohhhh yes, every day this new baby looks better to my eyes, and the price is sooooo right.....finger crossed the specs leaked are correct....I think if this is the case...Canon is going to sell this baby like hot cakes.......and the GH5s is not going to sell like the GH5 at all. Sorry Panny!!!! 

They are for totally different market, but I will get this to replace my 200D if the there are indeed video quality improvement, loving my GH5/GH5S for paid job though.

12 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

They are for totally different market, but I will get this to replace my 200D if the there are indeed video quality improvement, loving my GH5/GH5S for paid job though.

I agree they are for different market, but still this baby is going to hurt panny badly in sell numbers, especially in vloggers.....

21 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

I agree they are for different market, but still this baby is going to hurt panny badly in sell numbers, especially in vloggers.....

Pretty sure vlogger using m6 and G7x a lot lol, not many people use pana for vlogger in the first place.  You'd think rx100 will be the first to be popular with vlogger but most one i've seen use G7X .

Great price! Canon eos M is tempting for the first time.

I can't wait to see what they can do with an Eos M5mkII for around 1000. It will push their other models forward too, I can see a 90D or an 8D before summer.

The 22mm and the 11-22 are mandatory for the system. No other interesting lenses though, maybe a couple of EF-S, but I strongly prefer native lenses in my systems.

Completely irrelevant to compare this little gem with the raw diamonds the 2 GH5s are. Entry mid-lowish level though? Canon starts looking really interesting.

What is the Video Creator's Kit?!!

• Administrators
5 hours ago, hijodeibn said:

The power of branding.

5 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Pretty sure vlogger using m6 and G7x a lot lol, not many people use pana for vlogger in the first place.  You'd think rx100 will be the first to be popular with vlogger but most one i've seen use G7X .

pretty true, most are using G7X, G7XII, 70D, 80D

rx100 is always a bit overpriced

g7x is a lot more affordable, great color SOOC, IS is better, menu easier to use and G7XII low light is even better than RX100V...and not to mention the useful touchscreen that Sony never includes in their lineup

Hey, so what´s the deal with the crop as mentioned before, 4K in 2.4 crop compared to 36x24 FF? If full APSC sensor and good codec, this would be very interesting, another IF battery life and heat work in favor.

No 25 or 30p then? Kinda exited to see more canon colors with good 4KtoHD resolution:)

11 hours ago, mercer said:

The IS on that lens is nothing short of amazing. And it’s sharp as a tack wide open.

You guys are suckers! Making people want to buy stuff:)

Apologies for my ignorance but why canon is not releasing cameras at FHD 120fps?

50 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Hey, so what´s the deal with the crop as mentioned before, 4K in 2.4 crop compared to 36x24 FF? If full APSC sensor and good codec, this would be very interesting, another IF battery life and heat work in favor.

No 25 or 30p then? Kinda exited to see more canon colors with good 4KtoHD resolution:)

You guys are suckers! Making people want to buy stuff:)

agree, but crappy stuff 

13 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Great price! Canon eos M is tempting for the first time.

I can't wait to see what they can do with an Eos M5mkII for around 1000. It will push their other models forward too, I can see a 90D or an 8D before summer.

The 22mm and the 11-22 are mandatory for the system. No other interesting lenses though, maybe a couple of EF-S, but I strongly prefer native lenses in my systems.

Completely irrelevant to compare this little gem with the raw diamonds the 2 GH5s are. Entry mid-lowish level though? Canon starts looking really interesting.

What is the Video Creator's Kit?!!

4k 24 fps is tempting? GoPro is a dream then..:)

M5 mark II?? well , waiting 3 years is something my short life can not afford.