NX2 rumors

salim

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
20 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

I don't think Samsung will release an NX2, but I feel like some of you are getting stuck on looking at Samsung as if they're always doing something for profit, as if they need it. This could very well be another pet project with zero intention to recoup investment, just because they can. Even at Microsoft we did the same thing. I worked on a team of designers and we were developing MS's version to Apple's Carplay for about 2 years and a big wig came in one day and shut the whole thing down in a matter of minutes, it's how it is.

Samsung's 8 of 9 companies could go down and they'd still be insanely profitable. I think some of you are underestimating the scale and reach of the company. It's insane how huge they are.

Actually we're saying the same thing, that's why I used Google as an example. Basically they could just do it just because they can and they could destroy every company out there just for fun (on performance and tech, of course).

BUT if they did that in the past and left even while closing down factories... well my friend,  they are actually interested in profit. :)

1 hour ago, sandro said:

Actually we're saying the same thing, that's why I used Google as an example. Basically they could just do it just because they can and they could destroy every company out there just for fun (on performance and tech, of course).

BUT if they did that in the past and left even while closing down factories... well my friend,  they are actually interested in profit. :)

I'm sure they would glady accept any profits that it would yield. I'm just saying with a company this scale and reach profiteering may not always we the direct catalyst. Keeping in mind there's several ways a company like Samsung could "profit". Clearly, Samsung can afford to play the long game. 

13 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

I'm sure they would glady accept any profits that it would yield. I'm just saying with a company this scale and reach profiteering may not always we the direct catalyst. Keeping in mind there's several ways a company like Samsung could "profit". Clearly, Samsung can afford to play the long game. 

So why don't they?

On 2/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, Andrew Reid said:

Burned? Not sure about that mate. NX1 owners are a very satisfied bunch. I should know, I am one. And the 16-50mm F2 is the best S35 zoom I own.

Would do it all again in a heartbeat if they brought out another camera.

I’m sure about it, that is precisely what they did. They, Samsung, kept vehemently dening the shut down of the camera line, in fact, making it a circus of rumors that led those into a dead end camera. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great camera, but it’s still a dead end, especially if you bought into their eco system of lenses. Basically, they never admitted to it, so that they could dump their existing stock on hand. If that isn’t a burn, then it’s clearly, at the very least, deception.

13 hours ago, Steve M. said:

I’m sure about it, that is precisely what they did. They, Samsung, kept vehemently dening the shut down of the camera line, in fact, making it a circus of rumors that led those into a dead end camera. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great camera, but it’s still a dead end, especially if you bought into their eco system of lenses. Basically, they never admitted to it, so that they could dump their existing stock on hand. If that isn’t a burn, then it’s clearly, at the very least, deception.

Go check ebay prices and compare the prices with 2014 equipment. There are a few reasons why people are still buying NX. I bought most of my equipment after NX was out. We are not naive primitive people, most of the NX crowd are very informed bunch.

Announcement - “We’re getting out of the camera business for good.” Even if Samsung had said that on national TV, I would have been the first in line at the camera shop to pick up an NX1, if they were sold here. There was nothing sinister in what they did. 

I bought the majority of the NX gear AFTER the non-announcement.

I knew the camera division was shut down, and still through down and have bought pretty much every NX lens, the nx1 battery grip, the varavon NX1 armor cage, etc.

The initial frenzy over the shut down allowed me to get all this gear at a greatly reduced cost.

Yes, the resale value will eventually take a hit, but honestly that only matters if you're going to sell everything, which I really have no intention of doing at this current time.

I've gotten so much out of this system, and I think my grand total investment is still less than a new nikon d850 body, or a new sony a7s or a7r.

I've made my money many times over using the nx1 and nx gear and honestly haven't felt a huge call to upgrade since buying into the system in may 2015.

Honestly, I'd like to wait a bit longer and pick up another nx1 or a nx500 body, or both, but the current going rate is still pretty damn high.

On 14/02/2018 at 7:16 AM, photographer-at-large said:

"I asked some of my Samsung sources about the recently "rumored" comeback of the NX mirrorless camera line and they all laughed ..."

Photorumors us as reliable as the rumour itself. Wow. 

52 minutes ago, sanveer said:

"I asked some of my Samsung sources about the recently "rumored" comeback of the NX mirrorless camera line and they all laughed ..."

Photorumors us as reliable as the rumour itself. Wow. 

No one actually believed the initial rumour, did they?

The rumor was "some people in Samsung are still having fun with good ol' NX1 design and modern entrails", well, that's how I read it through the lines!

It never was, "there is going to be a new NX camera out".

Staying in one system saves you as much money as probably moving to another system, soon-sh. If I sell everything right now, I will probably gather more money than I spend (and I bought brand new most of those), but to sell 4 different form factored mirrorless cameras (2 pro ones) still relevant and in a few important (for me) features still on the top, and 7-8 lenses, flash systems, a lot of accessories, to buy one A7rIII and 1 lens? and I do not even care about full frame.

I know a lot of people going through various systems since abandoned NX. Some went Eos M, they were expected a pro mirrorless soon, but didn't happen, so they moved to m43, then Sony brought the a6300/a6500 but they were overheating, too many limitations on the ergonomics side - not really great native lenses, then Fuji was the talk of the town, then disappointed by the limitations they went Sony full frame, then Panasonic had the GH5 out. Others went back to dSLR. Of,course I do not know anyone change all those, but I know people change as much as 3 systems since then, and they are quite few.

Newer focusing systems need faster lenses, that is why we have newer versions of older lenses. People change all the time, especially if you want to be on the peak of the iceberg, I am too old in this (photo/video) to laugh when people say "yes, but you will have to change system soon". 

Of course I will, and of,course you do too! I started with super 8 and Zenith camera (brought by my father by the then U.S.S.R, if anyone remembers), then I had a Canon AE-1 and Pentax Spotmatic. Then I went Canon EF (in film days), FD lenses were useless, in the same brand, and EOS M is a different mount, and the Nikon will have a new mount soon. Do not pretend that you buy something that lasts forever. Not even your car, or your own body lasts a lot! For all I know I will be shooting with my mind in 12 years time.

18 hours ago, jonpais said:

Announcement - “We’re getting out of the camera business for good.” Even if Samsung had said that on national TV, I would have been the first in line at the camera shop to pick up an NX1, if they were sold here. There was nothing sinister in what they did. 

The "sinister" thing in this which is probably too strong of a word, was they officially towed the line that "No, we're not doing any such thing". (Meaning closing shop) And then turn around and do the exact opposite without an official North American statement, which was an obvious attempt to sell off remaining supplies. It's just your average large corporation dick move.

Personally, I eventually got to the point where I stopped caring (after the petition didn't get the level of response I was hoping for from Samsung) and just enjoy the camera for what it is. And what it is is a dead camera/system that I enjoy using and I don't ask more out of it. One day it will be replaced with something else I also enjoy. 

Lee Jae Yong, the billionaire Samsung heir, was released from jail a couple weeks ago after a Seoul court suspended his five-year sentence for bribery. Under South Korean law, sentences of greater than three years cannot be suspended. Lee has seen his personal wealth increase by 45% since his incarceration a year ago.

3 hours ago, jonpais said:

Lee Jae Yong, the billionaire Samsung heir, was released from jail a couple weeks ago after a Seoul court suspended his five-year sentence for bribery. Under South Korean law, sentences of greater than three years cannot be suspended. Lee has seen his personal wealth increase by 45% since his incarceration a year ago.

I've heard a rumour that all the court's members were NX1 users, and that Lee promised to launch the NX2 if he is released. :smiley: