5DIV full spec and full image leak

wolf33d

DPR says 1.64x crop.

https://***URL removed***/reviews/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-first-impressions-review/6

"Our largest concerns are around whether or not the 5D IV will be seen as a serious video tool for years to come, due to its Motion JPEG limitation and lack of Clean HDMI output in 4K (not to mention its 1.64x crop), as well as its lack of video support tools like zebras and Log gamma. The extremely high bitrates and CF card requirements may steer many towards shooting 1080p, which we'd expect is soft-as-usual. Finally, we wish Canon's viewfinder AF were more versatile and less situation-specific, capable of following subjects around the frame as well as its own Dual Pixel AF system."

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

No LOG profiles. But, it's still possible to upload custom picture profiles such as "CineStyle." One of my personal favorites, going back a few years, was made by "Crooked Path" called "Hi-Lite Recovery." I visited the website about a month ago, after buying a used Canon 50D. It looks like he took the profile down, unfortunately.

Maybe the DR with Cinestyle and/or other custom picture profiles can really make the 4:2:2 Codec shine?

Phillip Bloom has said he prefers "Natural" with dialed down sharpness, contrast, and saturation. I've found others on the Internet stating how that appears to create the best image.

7 hours ago, Antonio Pineda said:

1.74 is the crop :/

Hate to say but I'm done with Canon

9 minutes ago, Gregormannschaft said:

I don't care about the Sony color brigade, so much of what I see here is the same mushy resolution and blown out highlights that made me sell the Mark III in the first place. Say what you want about the colours, but when someone nails SLOG on the A7RII or SII, it looks stunning.

Yeah, but have you seen those Canon colors??? Hahaha

Embarassing. Go away Canon. 

24 minutes ago, Gregormannschaft said:

I don't care about the Sony color brigade, so much of what I see here is the same mushy resolution and blown out highlights that made me sell the Mark III in the first place. Say what you want about the colours, but when someone nails SLOG on the A7RII or SII, it looks stunning.

Yeah until you point it anywhere near a blue LED at a wedding reception or concert. 

Having 120fps in 720p on a camera released in 2016, thats heavily marketed for video users (aswell as photographers) , and to be relevant for the next 4 years is pitiful. 

I think the DSLR video dream for Canon fans is pretty much over. 

Oh well. 

For those worried about Sony colours - master Slog and get married to DaVinci Resolve. :astonished:

Haha. People get so angry over camera features. Canon doesn't release a camera with a feature set you want... Plenty of other options. 

However, I will say this... At 3500 USD for body only, I would definitely pony up the extra 1500 hundred for the 1dC or 2 grand for the 1DXmkii. 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I think the DSLR video dream for Canon fans is pretty much over. 

Yeah it is over.

What a shame the 5D Mark II never got a proper sequel to excite video users. It was such a remarkable moment in filmmaking tools. A democracy in the making.

Unfortunately Canon's marketing and margins killed the dream almost as soon as it started.

Cinema EOS is all about extracting massive margins.

The photography stuff has peaked, it is all down hill in terms of sales from now on in the age of the smartphone.

I am happy in the hybrid video/stills niche as we have plenty to look forward to from the other manufacturers...... So maybe it is time to get over the hurt of the past 5 years and move on.

20 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Yeah it is over.

What a shame the 5D Mark II never got a proper sequel to excite video users. It was such a remarkable moment in filmmaking tools. A democracy in the making.

Unfortunately Canon's marketing and margins killed the dream almost as soon as it started.

Cinema EOS is all about extracting massive margins.

The photography stuff has peaked, it is all down hill in terms of sales from now on in the age of the smartphone.

I am happy in the hybrid video/stills niche as we have plenty to look forward to from the other manufacturers...... So maybe it is time to get over the hurt of the past 5 years and move on.

It would of been great to see a 5D C really take the independent filmmaking scene by storm with: 

• 4k in 8 bit 422 XF codec (less crop).
  • 1080p 120fps (if crop is required for non-line skipped higher quality so be it!)
  • Articulated LCD touchscreen. 
  • Peaking, Zebras etc. 
  • Canon Log. 
  • Less megapixels than the 5D IV version. 
  • HDR mode in 4k. 

and to be a bit more slightly innovative:

• Optional battery grip which unlocks 10 bit 422 for all shooting modes and 4k/60p to Canon branded external recorder/monitor/clip-on viewfinder on hotshoe. (this is so you can monitor DPAF with the added benefit of high quality). 

If they made that, it would be an absolute stunner of a video device, worthy of the 5D Mk. II success!

Even if it was a couple of grand more, would still be worth it.

I'd get it. Today. Possibly 2. 

• Super Members

Where have I heard all this before....?

Oh that's right, after every single camera Canon has released. Same complaints. And all the prior times cameras that where so so hated like the 5Dmkiii, C300, C100, 1DC and XC10 all ended up being loved in the end.

Why is that, what was it that made all the hate go away....?

Oh that's right, people actually used it instead of looking at numbers and charts.

No I'm not a fanboy, don't own a canon and won't buy the 5Div. But I know the story.

Same thing with the XC10. It was almost only the fact that it got so much hate that interested me enough to buy it. I was the first to give it a positive review, since I had actually used it. And man did I had to sit through pissed of comments.

The reason I think history will repeat itself is that its Canon. People always glance at a spec paper and think they automatically have the whole picture. They think a huge company and market leader like Canon would just put something together and not think it through very very very very very veeeery thoroughly. 

My money is on they knowing exactly what they are doing. And I don't think we are going to see thread after thread about bad color, fpn, over heating, etc.

Personally I might get an mkiii again when they drop.

I prepared a bit by buying an even older member of their top prosumer line. So yes, by tomorrow I own a Canon and therefore by forum law I will be a Fanboy-sheep-idiot-uneducated-noob. Basically anything accept someone who likes the camera, because the specs makes that impossible...

;)