5DIV full spec and full image leak

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So much for predicting the future. Andrew Reid stated on NOVEMBER 27, 2014 'The likelihood of a 5D Mark IV coming along soon with 4K is zero.' at URL: http://www.eoshd.com/2014/11/cinema-eos-mark-end-high-spec-canon-dslr-video/  and what do we get now?  4K video. Tough job being a prophet. Of course, 'soon' is not quantifiable - anytime in the future? Now is nearly 2 years later - a long time in digital photography.

• Administrators
On 3 September 2016 at 8:34 AM, jamesh2015 said:

So much for predicting the future. Andrew Reid stated on NOVEMBER 27, 2014 'The likelihood of a 5D Mark IV coming along soon with 4K is zero.' at URL: http://www.eoshd.com/2014/11/cinema-eos-mark-end-high-spec-canon-dslr-video/  and what do we get now?  4K video. Tough job being a prophet. Of course, 'soon' is not quantifiable - anytime in the future? Now is nearly 2 years later - a long time in digital photography.

Well I did say "Coming along soon", so unless you count having to wait nearly 2 years as "soon", I rest my case.

And what we got wasn't worthy of a 5D camera, as it isn't full frame 4K.

On 8/25/2016 at 3:15 PM, Sam232 said:

crapon.jpg

this is hilarious, @Sam232 congratulations on your first post. i would quit now while youre ahead to maintain the best possible honor points ratio

oh snap! im not done complaining about this camera yet!!!

IF THE 5D4 HAD A KILLER 2K MODE WITH A BUNCH OF FRAME RATE OPTIONS I WOULDNT BE AS MAD ABOUT THE HUGE 4K CROP

WTF CANON ARRRGGHHHH

400847-23033-lisa-simpson.jpg

44 minutes ago, kaylee said:

this is hilarious, @Sam232 congratulations on your first post. i would quit now while youre ahead to maintain the best possible honor points ratio

oh snap! im not done complaining about this camera yet!!!

IF THE 5D4 HAD A KILLER 2K MODE WITH A BUNCH OF FRAME RATE OPTIONS I WOULDNT BE AS MAD ABOUT THE HUGE 4K CROP

WTF CANON ARRRGGHHHH

400847-23033-lisa-simpson.jpg

I'm with Mattias on this one. There is more than enough with the Mkiv that will get still photographers to upgrade and that means they will need to sell their mkiiis 

1 hour ago, kaylee said:

@Sam232

WTF CANON ARRRGGHHHH

The crop's about the same as the BMMCC with a speed booster. The crop alone gives the MkIV a 2 stop low light improvement over the MkIII. Where I'd normally be shooting at f/5.6 on the MkIII, I'd be shooting at f/2.8 on the MkIV to get the same DOF. It could compliment the 5D MkIII raw well, depends on Andrew's log profile and noise. I've already got a Tokina 11-16mm and a Sigma 20mm, so the wide end is covered.

2 hours ago, mercer said:

I'm with Mattias on this one. There is more than enough with the Mkiv that will get still photographers to upgrade and that means they will need to sell their mkiiis 

oh i agree, there was some irony in my rant. and im shopping for a deal on a mk3 too ?

44 minutes ago, squig said:

The crop's about the same as the BMMCC with a speed booster. The crop alone gives the MkIV a 2 stop low light improvement over the MkIII. Where I'd normally be shooting at f/5.6 on the MkIII, I'd be shooting at f/2.8 on the MkIV to get the same DOF. It could compliment the 5D MkIII raw well, depends on Andrew's log profile and noise. I've already got a Tokina 11-16mm and a Sigma 20mm, so the wide end is covered.

i hear ya. sounds like a plan. tbh a big part of my complainyness comes from learning stills shooting 35mm film, im one of those many legacy photographers who likes ff as much for aesthetic reasons as because it reminds me of my childhood ? 

56 minutes ago, squig said:

How do you like that 1.8 Sigma? I have been eyeing the 24mm or 28mm 1.8, from that same series, for a while now. 

5 minutes ago, kaylee said:

i hear ya. sounds like a plan. tbh a big part of my complainyness comes from learning stills shooting 35mm film, im one of those many legacy photographers who likes ff as much for aesthetic reasons as because it reminds me of my childhood ? 

I like the full frame look, but having shot films full frame since 2009 I get how S35 is more practical.

2 minutes ago, mercer said:

How do you like that 1.8 Sigma? I have been eyeing the 24mm or 28mm 1.8, from that same series, for a while now. 

It's a good lens; it sux at f/1.8, but it gets better from f/2 and is very good at f/2.8. It's as sharp as my Leicas. Bokeh isn't bad either. Focus throw is very short, but I don't do much focus pulling at 20mm.

7 hours ago, squig said:

I like the full frame look, but having shot films full frame since 2009 I get how S35 is more practical.

It's a good lens; it sux at f/1.8, but it gets better from f/2 and is very good at f/2.8. It's as sharp as my Leicas. Bokeh isn't bad either. Focus throw is very short, but I don't do much focus pulling at 20mm.

Yeah, I imagine you wouldn't need to with a 20mm on FF. I'm actually one of the few people that like short focus throws. I don't use a follow focus, I either go by hand or use a focus lever and with peaking being so reliable these days, I find a short throw works better for my needs. Of course I did just find a rail-free follow focus that I may give a try.