Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

瞿盛龙

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So, 5370 and 4600 USD respectively. Body only. Local prices (add a considerable amount for international purchases (+30%?)).

-- 1075 for the back unit. 6450 for the 6K basic package deal and the 5K at 5680 USD. 8450 and 7680 USD for the full thing

Nonetheless... What's the sensor size? And, what kind of mount is that? PL?

As KineMAX 6K, so S35 sensor. Kinemount, which is similar to the EF mount but with shorter flange distance able of adapting all sorts of standards with an adapter?

-- Well, 5 years of Kinefinity. They sure brought it with this one. But those prices are a little too hefty for me to consider a purchase. I'll just pick up a G7 while I'm in Sweden tomorrow then, (un)fortunately they still have stuff that's more my kind of level.

51 minutes ago, DBounce said:

They need to stop going after Red and Arri and focus on bringing out something affordable enough so that people will pick one up out of curiosity. That way they can build a reputation. Especially if the new cameras are bang for the buck stars.

Look at the price of the kinemax.  it's pretty much as good, if not, better than the red weapon with dragon 6k sensor, and costs less than an FS7.  The capabilities practically blow everything black magic have to offer out of the water, for very similar prices.  It's not about price with these cameras, it's about the fact that their press releases are written in Chinese that very few people invest in the equipment.  

IMO they'd make more of an impact if rather than developing new cameras they simply put the money into sending out complimentary kinemax's to shooters for review.  

I've seen work from @Rob Bannister using his kine-mini 4k that leaves nothing to be desired - that camera is less costly than the fs5!  

28 minutes ago, richg101 said:

Look at the price of the kinemax.  it's pretty much as good, if not, better than the red weapon with dragon 6k sensor, and costs less than an FS7.  The capabilities practically blow everything black magic have to offer out of the water, for very similar prices.  It's not about price with these cameras, it's about the fact that their press releases are written in Chinese that very few people invest in the equipment.  

IMO they'd make more of an impact if rather than developing new cameras they simply put the money into sending out complimentary kinemax's to shooters for review.  

I've seen work from @Rob Bannister using his kine-mini 4k that leaves nothing to be desired - that camera is less costly than the fs5!  

But people know Blackmagic Designs, whereas Kiniwho... ?

5 hours ago, richg101 said:

Maybe but it could also be that they care less about PR than making a camera that actually does what is says and is available at a reasonable timeframe.

Maybe if BM stopped focusing so much on PR or sending underspecced cameras to testers they would be more respectable among professionals. They might anounce yet another groundbreaking camera at 2016 NAB to keep people from going to other companies but now that doesn't work anymore...

The truth might be somewhere in between of course but I never worked in a camera company so I can not be sure...

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/03/28/5k-for-less-than-5k-kinefinity-launch-the-terra-a-compact-raw-and-prores-shooting-cinema-camera-in-5k-and-6k-versions/

3 hours ago, Kristoferman said:

Looks awesome. I've always wanted to try out kinefinity. Until they work out a US presence though, I'm just not comfortable at shelling out the money for a camera I can't have serviced in my own country.

Definitely. 

I agree with the sentiment here, I would love a smaller product, something like the BMPCC with better battery life, 60p 1080p on a 1" sensor. Knowing it won't be serviced in the country it's a risk I can take with a product I don't have to buy on credit and pays itself quickly.

If this camera was $2000 I would take a chance on it. But given I can go with well established brands for this kind of money, well that's what I'll do. Already have an order for a Canon 1DX Mk II, and I know that will be a sound purchase with world class support. Kinefinity... Not so much. They need to build some street creds and have local pro-level service in place before they start demanding this kind of money. And honestly, it doesn't matter how well these cameras perform if the first two criterias are not met. End of story.

I've been shooting on their system for about year and had no issues with reliability whatsoever. The system is just rock solid. No issues at all. Cineform Raw is just so great to work with. Raw 4k at smaller file sizes than Prores. Support is quick to respond to any questions.

I was disappointed when the URSA Mini was announced just weeks after I purchased mine. I've been shooting for a year now while the URSA Mini is where?

21 minutes ago, silvertonesx24 said:

I've been shooting on their system for about year and had no issues with reliability whatsoever. The system is just rock solid. No issues at all. Cineform Raw is just so great to work with. Raw 4k at smaller file sizes than Prores. Support is quick to respond to any que estions.

I was disappointed when the URSA Mini was announced just weeks after I purchased mine. I've been shooting for a year now while the URSA Mini is where?

Share footage! The number one issue with these are lack of footage an video's showing professionals working with the camera.

This was shot all on Kinemini 4k (except the drone shots).

Some pretty weighty grading especially where we had to coax magic hour out of scenes shot at high noon. I would say I pushed the camera pretty well but still had more latitude to give.

Lowlight is an area where the camera suffers- shadows can be quite noisy. I am currently upgrading to the KineMOUNT which will allow me to attach a speedbooser (Kinehancer), getting the crop factor down to about 1.15x and adding another stop of light.

I am considering grabbing a KineMAX as well, but feel as though while it is a great value camera, my money would be better invested in glass right now. But I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade to a cinema-style camera.

1 hour ago, silvertonesx24 said:

This was shot all on Kinemini 4k (except the drone shots).

Some pretty weighty grading especially where we had to coax magic hour out of scenes shot at high noon. I would say I pushed the camera pretty well but still had more latitude to give.

Lowlight is an area where the camera suffers- shadows can be quite noisy. I am currently upgrading to the KineMOUNT which will allow me to attach a speedbooser (Kinehancer), getting the crop factor down to about 1.15x and adding another stop of light.

I am considering grabbing a KineMAX as well, but feel as though while it is a great value camera, my money would be better invested in glass right now. But I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade to a cinema-style camera.

THIS is what I'm talking about. I really enjoyed the grade, great work. Stuff like this, well done professional work with the camera, is what I want to see before investing.

3 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Share footage! The number one issue with these are lack of footage an video's showing professionals working with the camera.

I've always really liked (most of) this footage as well. But I'm hoping everyone's already seen it. Would love to try out a kinemax