A6700?

SRV1981

https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/first-rumored-sony-a6700-camera-specs/

Here are the rumored specs of the new High End APS-C camera from Sony:

Name: a6700

Sensor: 26mp (same FX30 sensor).

IBIS: 7 stops

Ai processor (same Sony ZV-E1 processor)

4k120 (1.19 crop)

The body will be a new design. It will still have the evf on the left, but it will have a scroll wheel on the front under the shutter button. The grip is redesigned and  more ergonomic. The body will be about 3mm deeper and 4mm taller.

Announcement date: beginning of July.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, MrSMW said:

So 4 then.

The number of stops in IBIS is irrelevant - except for marketing purposes.  

The difference between a great IBIS and meh IBIS systems isn't the number of stops, it's things like the travel of the system (how large the movement can be before it runs out of travel to compensate), how fast it can react (high-frequency performance), motor strength, etc.  When you see an IBIS system failing to compensate for camera movement it will be limitations of these aspects.

The GH5 has similar number of stops as many other cameras at the time with inferior overall performance, it was some combination of other factors that made the difference between them.

2 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Do DR next @kye as in when the manufacturer quotes 97 stops of DR, but it’s actually 11 when all the planets align.

I’m just messing 😉

DR..  sure.

A camera can have as many stops of DR as you like - unless you're delivering in HDR then you just have the problem of what to do with all those stops in post.  If you spread them all out evenly then you end up with footage that looks like it hasn't been converted from log to 709.

Where do you think the "flat look" trend amongst YouTubers came from?  Think about it - professional outputs don't lack contrast and saturation, just the YouTubers.  The flat look is when the DR of your camera exceeds your ability to colour grade the footage.

In many ways then, more DR is actually hurting you rather than helping.

Don't believe the specs - better specs are only "better" when you don't actually make films.

• 7 months later...

Any A6700 users here? How is overheating in practice from your experience? I havent owned a Sony photo/hybrid camera since a 1/1.8" 5MP CCD camera in 2005, a Cybershot W1. I loved the colours from it.

I am thinking about trading some of my unused stuff in for the Sony. Overheating behaviour of the body in 4K recording would be the main criteria, barebones without or blowers attached to the body.:)

On 12/29/2023 at 9:03 AM, PannySVHS said:

Any A6700 users here? How is overheating in practice from your experience?

I have an A6500, so not the A6700, but the A6500 has a reputation for overheating too. I've never had a problem with overheating myself, even during our hot California summers. Big caveat, however: My "takes" are rarely longer than 1-2 minutes, so the camera has time to cool down between takes.

I will have my nerds eye on this cam. If overheating is manageable for 10min takes with 2min breaks, then it would be interesting. That's an estimate that even rhymes.:) No hurry though. Maybe @SRV1981has settled for one though I would still suggest an og S5, if Hdmi is not needed and size is not a major obstacle.

On 1/3/2024 at 2:35 AM, PannySVHS said:

I will have my nerds eye on this cam. If overheating is manageable for 10min takes with 2min breaks, then it would be interesting. That's an estimate that even rhymes.:) No hurry though. Maybe @SRV1981has settled for one though I would still suggest an og S5, if Hdmi is not needed and size is not a major obstacle.

With an aftermarket fan, it could even not be a problem. With my X-S20 tests with a Ulanzi fan, it doubled the record time, under direct sun - looks like the generic Aliexpress ones works as good as this one.

Hey, thank you for your advice. @Marcio Kabke PinheiroI am not in need of a camera for sure. From what I got watching reviews the overheating is a pain for more than just very careful casual video use. Good for me as i can save money and keep the money from my S1 sale, which I have not sold yet. Prices are so low these days, it's not fun to part from them for that little money. 🙂