Sony 6K Full Frame PXW-FX9/FX6 Leak

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

I am completely not interested in pro cameras, $10,000 stuff.

EOSHD is not about this shit!

Although it does explain why we have no a7s iii. Internal Sony politics.

Oh well, it exists... Better get on with using my 10bit mirrorless cameras from other manufacturers.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:39 AM, hijodeibn said:

Well, if the price is around $10-12, it is game over for 99% of people in this forum....

Yes absolutely agree... Pick one of these up for ten dollar!? Yes please! A bargain for 100% of this forum ?

At $10,000 it is a bargain for 1% of this forum and 99% of the Cinema5D forum... Although the latter doesn't seem to exist any more ?

Too inconvenient!

On 9/6/2019 at 5:02 PM, Oliver Daniel said:

I can tell you now that Cinema EOS would be my first choice for documentary or narrative film. Loved using them on some jobs. 

They really do need to provide a better ecosystem, the lower range needs attention. And better HFR please. Then I’m a Canon. 

I’m waiting for Canon to give me a reason to shoot with their cinema line. Eventually, I’ll buy a C200 because a lot of the pitfalls of the camera will be irrelevant for me, especially once the price gets at/below the $3000 mark. However, their lower tiered cameras and the features they do, or do not offer, just doesn’t make sense. In fact, the specs are so odd, they almost seem arbitrary.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, Mako Sports said:

I think they might keep them as even though FF is the future, s35 is still the most used for high end video.

I hope they do and deep discount the current models. The FS5ii with its Venice color and external Raw would be pretty damn tempting at $2999. That would allow them to price an FS5iii at $4999 and the new FX version at $6999, give or take. That’s a really good upgrade strategy.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, Mako Sports said:

For some reason I feel sony wont have somthing to match the c500mkii unless the f5 gets updated

Probably not with the FX series since they’ll most likely be priced for different shooters but I’m sure the FX cameras will have something obvious that Canon should have included into a $16,000 camera.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:39 AM, thebrothersthre3 said:

The big advantage to Sony would be the new model will have their latest AF tech which is really good. Also speedboosters 

AF seems like an odd feature on these higher end cameras (Canon and Sony) because who is buying a $15,000 cinema camera and putting a $400 lens on the end of it for AF? I guess speedboosters (is there one for FF E-mount) open up some medium format lens options but that’s a category that only a very few will get into. 

Interesting time for cameras though. I almost wonder if there is going to be a new market for sub-$3000 cinema cameras... not including Blackmagic.

6 hours ago, mercer said:

AF seems like an odd feature on these higher end cameras (Canon and Sony) because who is buying a $15,000 cinema camera and putting a $400 lens on the end of it for AF?

This is an excellent question.

The only way that I can see AF making real penetration into the high-end (at any real speed that is) is for one of the big manufacturers to release an adapter that will do AF on MF PL lenses. The tech has been available for decades(?) and if you could pop your MF lens on it, set it to infinity focus, and then turn AF on, that would turn the owners of the millions and millions of dollars of cine glass around the world into potential AF customers.

I don't think this has much chance of happening, but I think that if the manufacturers are going to go with the old 'just buy all your stuff again' strategy, then they're probably in for an unpleasant surprise.

16 hours ago, kye said:

Imagine what this would do to the next cheap camera challenge!!

Yes, very curious about Andrews video, favorite pick and the blog post. @Andrew Reid and your reveal story about your used camera, especially! Couldn't be the first DSLM you ever used, could it! :) 

On 9/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, IronFilm said:

C500mk2 will find itself squeezed in between those two options, with no room left to breath. 

Hmm. You better leave that poor camera alone! :) 

18 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

At $10,000 it is a bargain for 1% of this forum and 99% of the Cinema5D forum... Although the latter doesn't seem to exist any more ?

Too inconvenient!

True, I must admit. Though renting an Arri with my own money would be lovely. Creating something awesome with any camera would be even better. Filming with friends and be doing a good film, best! I sometimes think that "lack of money" is a good thing. Sometimes it's not even a choice, right.:)

9 hours ago, mercer said:

I hope they do and deep discount the current models. The FS5ii with its Venice color and external Raw would be pretty damn tempting at $2999. That would allow them to price an FS5iii at $4999 and the new FX version at $6999, give or take. That’s a really good upgrade strategy.

FS5mk1 is already US$2K ish on eBay secondhand 

It is one of the factors which is putting me off buying a FS700, when a FS5 is only a little bit more....

8 hours ago, mercer said:

AF seems like an odd feature on these higher end cameras (Canon and Sony) because who is buying a $15,000 cinema camera and putting a $400 lens on the end of it for AF? I guess speedboosters (is there one for FF E-mount) open up some medium format lens options but that’s a category that only a very few will get into. 

Perhaps not $15K cameras, but tonnes and tonnes of shooters are buying cameras for around $10K ish or a bit less (like FS7/C300/C200/VaricamLT/EVA1/etc) and putting stills lenses on it.

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

FS5mk1 is already US$2K ish on eBay secondhand 

It is one of the factors which is putting me off buying a FS700, when a FS5 is only a little bit more....

Perhaps not $15K cameras, but tonnes and tonnes of shooters are buying cameras for around $10K ish or a bit less (like FS7/C300/C200/VaricamLT/EVA1/etc) and putting stills lenses on it.

If u want to but used stuff u have to be quick, NZ gonna charge gst for all overseas shopping from next month

On 9/7/2019 at 11:36 PM, Andrew Reid said:

I am completely not interested in pro cameras, $10,000 stuff.

EOSHD is not about this shit!

Although it does explain why we have no a7s iii. Internal Sony politics.

That is not the reason. They will have to ditch Bionz X if they want to make a competitive a7S III. There is no point to a a7S III if Bionz X is the only option available. It would not offer enough over the other cameras it would need to compete against. Remember, the S camera is very much a niche product, if it is to be commercially viable it has to have video specs well above the other versions and Bionz X can't do that.

Anyway, if you were shooting video professionally, why would someone use a a7 over a PXW anyway?

42 minutes ago, Mokara said:

That is not the reason. They will have to ditch Bionz X if they want to make a competitive a7S III.

Bionz X is just the name, pretty sure inside is different with each iteration.  Do you honest think they use the same cpu since A7 in 2013?

On 9/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, ntblowz said:

If u want to but used stuff u have to be quick, NZ gonna charge gst for all overseas shopping from next month

I was just joking to my friend that I need to spend ALL MY MONEY that is in my bank account before the end of the month! ha

That would just about allow me to buy from overseas both a FS7 together with a FS5 I reckon, shall I do it?

22 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Bionz X is just the name, pretty sure inside is different with each iteration.  Do you honest think they use the same cpu since A7 in 2013?

They are not all the same (Bionz X is actually 2 - 3 chips), the exact configuration varies based on the type of camera.

The insides are largely the same, just different configurations of the same parts. Bionz X uses the CXD90027GF SoC in combination with various image signal processors, based off the CXD4236-1GG ISP (sometimes single, sometimes dual). Generally the dual ISPs are used in the high megapixel cameras and single ISPs in the low megapixel cameras. The hardware encoder used in the system however is the same in all of them. So, other than the ISPs, the processor itself is indeed unchanged since 2013. That is what the problem is.

40 minutes ago, Mokara said:

They are not all the same (Bionz X is actually 2 - 3 chips), the exact configuration varies based on the type of camera.

The insides are largely the same, just different configurations of the same parts. Bionz X uses the CXD90027GF SoC in combination with various image signal processors, based off the CXD4236-1GG ISP (sometimes single, sometimes dual). Generally the dual ISPs are used in the high megapixel cameras and single ISPs in the low megapixel cameras. The hardware encoder used in the system however is the same in all of them. So, other than the ISPs, the processor itself is indeed unchanged since 2013. That is what the problem is.

Ugh no its not, I think @androidlad will probably know more about it than copying from the wiki.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/its-official-sony-launches-flagship-fx9-e-mount-camcorder-with-newly-developed-full-frame-sensor/

Leaked Press text - Full frame 10 bit 422 oversampled 6K to 4K video. A9 video autofocus (over 90% sensor coverage)

Venice color science and dual ISO 800/4000

The usual high frame rates and 16 bit raw external.