Sign in to follow this  
highres

iscomorphot loose focus ring?

Hi everyone,

I just bought this iscomorphot 8 /1.5x that I thought was in good condition, had a lot of interaction with the ebay seller so trusted that all was as promised -'near mint condition' as almost everything on ebay is ;)

Then when it arrived, i noticed the front focus ring being loose. Also, there is quite a lot of dust particles inside the lens, which may be limiting even more so. I knew the lens would have it's flaws, but is it worth salvaging/trying to repair? 

My hope was that it would be a more useful lens for mounting on s16 and c-mount lenses with my (hopefully soon to arrive) BMC pocket camera, as the elements of those lenses are much smaller. I saw eoshd forum member 'quickhitrecord' and redstan/tony wilson comment that with the right taking lens, it may perform better. 

Any comments? Should I try to repair or return this lens?

Martin

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Let me clarify the issue: the front part of the lens consists of a black part that has all of the focal marks, and a zebra patterned part. These two parts are disconnected from each other although they should not be. When focusing there is a grinding noise and the two parts move disconnectedly.

No it is just a limited range, a bit beyond the focus range on both ends. I think I paid too much for this lens and starting to have regrets. Hoping some kind of magic can be coaxed out of this iscomorphot paired with s16 lenses and the bmpcc! If it can be fixed that is.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By overthemoon.productions
      I just got a brand new 1dx Mark II, I’m using a SanDisk cf card, not a cfast card. I recorded a lot of 4K footage, and about half of it came back corrupted - I could view it in the camera, but not on the computer. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Can I get the footage repaired? I can’t find anyone else who has had this problem so far. 
    • By Teemu
      Earlier in anamorphic forum I asked advice for export options for my first anamorphic material shot with GH4. So here is the result from my shooting: 

After encoding to Vimeo, material looks a bit darker. Don't know why. Exported master file isn't as dark. Maybe it is because the h.264 encoding?

Please comment and share if you like, thanks! :)
    • By Teemu
      Hi there anamorphic shooters!

I need someone to explain me as clearly as possible how am I going to get right aspect ratio and best result out from Premiere Pro after editing some anamorphic material. Sory if this is stupid question but I am a bit lost all the settings and aspectratios etc.

So, I bought Iscomorphot 8/1.5x adapter. Shot with GH4 and now I have edited my video and would like to export it. I have on timeline material that is shot in 1080p and 4k (yes, that was my mistake. Wanted to shoot all 4k but first day shootings came back in 1080p thought I was shooting 4k) 4k is shot in 3840x2160 (after my 1080p mistake thought it would be easier to get these two format to match in edit.)

I have bought Andrew's great anamorphic shooters quide but still after reading it I am bit confused. If I now want to export best quality anamorphic video out from my Premiere for web use:

1. Just output 1920x820 (for 2.66:1 ratio) resolution from Premiere?
      2. Should I first export the 4k files and bring them back in right resolution (1920x820) and after that render everything out again?

Sorry for quite long text. But hope someone could help me with this, thanks!

Ps. If I shoot more anamorphic videos in future, should I use GH4 4k UHD (3840x2160) or 4kC (4096x2160)?
    • By beeldlab
      Winter Walk. Lens test of a new member in my anamorphic collection. The Isco Gottingen Iscomorphot 8 (Baby Iscorama) Anamorphic Lens. Taking lens: Canon FD 50mm 1.2   Thanks to my daughters Lonneke & Pollie.   I think it has more potential, need to work on it.