In no particular order:
GENERAL ANAMORPHIC LENS REPAIR
- Super 16 Inc (New York) - Bernie O'Doherty repairs and services anamorphic lenses. From Bernie: "A maladjustment of 1/64th to 1/32nd of a degree can mean the difference between a sharp image and one that needs a close-down to f4/5.6 to provide a decent image. And customers seem to accept lower image quality where anamorphic lenses are concerned. Of course, some lenses have imperfect design features which prevent optimum image quality, but, in general, after a good optimizing, most lenses, even anamorphic, benefit from such a servicing."
- Focus Optics (California) - They may service other anamorphic lenses. When I emailed them, I got a one-line reply that said something like, "Yes, we service anamorphic lenses". Which ones, I am not sure of.
- Abel Cine Tech (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles) - I came across a forum in which they offered their services when someone asked about a problem Kowa.
- Focal Point Lens (Colorado) - John Van Stelten was the official one-man Isco projection lens repair service in the United States up until they were absorbed by Schneider a few years back. He has worked on lots of Iscoramas. He is one of the few lens repair specialists that I have talked who offers lens polishing and re-coating. It's not cheap and it can be risky, but in some cases, this process successfully removes any trace of scratches, coating issues, and fungus that has etched into a lens element. He also has an autocollimator, which is essential for re-callibrating lenses after they have been taken apart.
- Nippon Photo Clinic Service (New York) - They are listed in the Wikipedia article on Iscorama as being a repair show that can service Iscoramas. They can probably service Kowa and Bell & Howell as well. I need to give them a call to confirm (they are closed for the weekend).
- Olex Camera Services (Ukraine) - I have emailed back and forth with Olexandr quite a bit with questions about my Lomo square front. He is very knowledgeable. I have not yet had to employ his services, but Ed Lee of the Lomo Anamorphic User blog has, and he's given Olexandr high marks. I wish that Olexandr accepted PayPal!
- Super 16 Inc (New York) - Services Lomo anamorphic lenses. See mention above for more info.
- RafCamera (Belarus) - Rafael can install PL mounts and geared rings on Lomos.
- Focus Optics (California) - They service Round Front and BAS model Lomos.