Z-CAM quietly announce 8k and 6k FULL FRAME cameras - no joke!

Oliver Daniel

14 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I generally agree. Guessing higher frame rates / slow motion? 

the E2 FF is 6K, not sure they can do 120 fps at 6k but i agree it will certainly have  faster slomo than nikon z6, good point, i usually forget slomo as image quality always suffers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, amanieux said:

isn't there a 90% chance of having a sony FF sensor in both zcam e2 and nikon z6 ? if it is raw (real raw i mean, uncompressed or lossless compressed data) then DR and image should be exactly the same no ?

dunnow, but all z6 footage I have seen so far looks low dr.

41 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

6k60, 4k100 "at least" and "more than 200" in HD. Mentions dual native ISO sensor as well with 14+ stops of dynamic range. There will be MFT, EF, and PL mounts.

Nice!

Higher frame rate involves a lot of vertical cropping and/or dropping readout bitdepth.

Capture.thumb.JPG.5bc9be47a4667725be888b8778df0e1d.JPG

I have my eye on their E2 F6 (the full frame 6K variant) so I've been following developments in their facebook group. Took some time to grade new footage from their original m43 E2 and I gotta say, it's pretty good. I had to denoise some shots and they didn't clean up as well as my EVA1 does -- probably because my EVA1's noise is finer and tight, not "clumpy". but still, based on one of their engineers saying that the F6 will be their best performing (in terms of noise) I've got my fingers firmly crossed that it will be the "vistavision" cinema camera I've been longing for... and only $5,000.

Here's that E2 footage I took a stab at grading. The last shot of the girl with the camera is my fav. Skin tones and highlight roll-off work for me.

5 hours ago, Zak Forsman said:

I have my eye on their E2 F6 (the full frame 6K variant) so I've been following developments in their facebook group. Took some time to grade new footage from their original m43 E2 and I gotta say, it's pretty good. I had to denoise some shots and they didn't clean up as well as my EVA1 does -- probably because my EVA1's noise is finer and tight, not "clumpy". but still, based on one of their engineers saying that the F6 will be their best performing (in terms of noise) I've got my fingers firmly crossed that it will be the "vistavision" cinema camera I've been longing for... and only $5,000.

Here's that E2 footage I took a stab at grading. The last shot of the girl with the camera is my fav. Skin tones and highlight roll-off work for me.

Nice job! Skin tones are easy to get right on the E2 and although there may be some noise due to M43 sensor size, I don't feel like it's an issue or limiting my work at all.
I also consider getting one of the newer models when they come out, but I'm wondering how much that would really add to my production level. The low light is actually surprisingly good on E2, but I guess we always want better :) .

On 4/18/2019 at 8:17 PM, tweak said:

Nice job! Skin tones are easy to get right on the E2 and although there may be some noise due to M43 sensor size, I don't feel like it's an issue or limiting my work at all.
I also consider getting one of the newer models when they come out, but I'm wondering how much that would really add to my production level. The low light is actually surprisingly good on E2, but I guess we always want better :) .

Considered a speed booster for that?

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't get a bit of it, you two dudes! They are tags, #tags...Just kidding now : ) We live in a peculiar and random age, guys. Hard to find anything original and reliable today LOL No place for lazy gullible netheads.

I saw the clip on YT, I found it NOT impressive to be honest as written BTW. I thought it could end useful for someone else whatsoever. Seems it was, to you two at least! haha

So useful someone else found the original source. Not much interested considering the material, actually. I'm sorry but no patience in a Sunday morning for that.

Let alone to ignore that mainly, a wide shot would also be the best way to properly test 8K acquisition IMO. So let's also blame the OP/tester to be accurately fair too : P No matter what and our brand loyalty as well the usual DR frenzy or customary pixel peeping fever over here :X

So my job finished before I could interest myself to go deeper there. There is a S35 model to comprehend this release so the guy has shorten'd the whole thing. Not surprised : D

Good job anyway : ) Keep going your great service to this community, your technical forum policing is always appreciated and welcome ; -)

Speaking of devil, here's an interesting discussion why such testing methodology makes little sense to evaluate a 8K capture device to begin with -- that is, for pixel peepers included:

7 hours ago, androidlad said:

Gosh, at least post the original source clip, not some random guy's "grade".

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-iSjiFOFVkD7i6mdyame5TYFQuW7JMhy&fbclid=IwAR3lx8-S0dp1CwysxKHRCFYX6agd2Yy0VMWB0WLwMoroX9fmqp-4ivDOfzg

And it's not Super 35, or "S-log"....

I don't see what good the source clip is either. Flat as hell footage looks like...well flat footage from every camera that can shoot it. So what am I suppose to do grade it? Well then it will look sort of like what his graded footage looked like in the video. Not many people on here are talented as hell with grading.

Maybe you don't remember the Fiasco with the "original" Flat footage from the PK4 on here. Raw footage doesn't mean much to me. Show me the Money as they say, the finished footage.

Big things are happening!

I just received my E2C which is the smaller budget version of the E2.  It can shoot 4k at up to 30fps in ProRes and it costs only $800 (I got it for a little less due to early bird preorder)!  I'll be doing some comparisons of it vs my bigger E2 tomorrow, hopefully.

Also, for the full-size E2, Z Cam just released firmware 0.86 which, among many other nice improvements, adds 4kp160 (2.4:1 instead of 16:9).  I hope to find something that is moving tomorrow to play with that as well.  :)