Moza Air 2 the complete package?

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

"MOZA Air X will be available in the first quarter of 2019 from gudsen.com and Gudsen Resellers worldwide. Pricing will be announced prior to availability."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gudsen-moza-launches-moza-air-x-the-innovative-design-camera-gimbal-developed-for-professional-filmmakers-300721516.html

https://www.gudsen.com/moza-air-x

3 hours ago, Vintage Jimothy said:

That's actually the Moza Air X. The Air 2 is basically Moza's version of the DJI Ronin-S. 

But yeah, I'm stoked about the Air X. Seems more versatile to me than the new Zhiyun Crane 3 Lab, so I was surprised to see hardly anyone talking about it while Photokina happened.

Same feeling here. That's an amazing tool. But people here are more focused to always discuss when not pixel peeping codec bit rate the same camera sensor mantra.

A glance on a fair comparison with Zhiyun here tells it.

Without mention I find 4.2kg vs 2.5kg payload for the MOZA Air 2 comparing with the Zhiyun Crane Plus much more interesting than the slight pricing difference. Let alone the MOZA iFocus Wireless Lens Control Systems and last but not least, it will be available from my birthday date on ; -)

My exception for the more versatile lightweight by Zhiyun as well a no-brainer Smooth 4 though. Interesting those two features there too:

"A new innovation for the gimbal is the image transmission box underneath the camera plate that contains a  HDMI port for wireless image transition to the Zhiyun-Tech app. The app can then track subjects and act intelligently with the motion of the gimbal. USB ports for camera control are also included, but this is limited to Panasonic GH4 and GH5, and Sony a7 cameras for now.

A very neat feature not mentioned in the video are the three motor/axis locks. When correctly balanced, users can lock the positions in place, so that even if the gimbal is powered down and packed away or transported, the balance settings remain the same, when using the same camera and lens combination. This saves the pre-shoot balancing that can be a pain when filming in a run and gun situation."

16 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Same feeling here. That's an amazing tool. But people here are more focused to always discuss when not pixel peeping codec bit rate the same camera sensor mantra.

A glance on a fair comparison tells it:

https://***URL not allowed***/zhiyun-tech-weebil-lab-for-mirrorless-cameras-announced-at-photokina-2018/

Without mention I find 4.2kg vs 2.5kg payload for the MOZA Air 2 comparing with the Zhiyun Crane Plus much more interesting than the slight pricing difference.

Actually I was referring more to reporters on YouTube that were at Photokina. Plenty of folks took the time to go look and report on the two new Zhiyun gimbals (and to be fair, the Weebill Lab seems like a masterstroke), but the only videos out there so far on the Air X are either all from Moza's official YouTube channel or are just a general video sharing basic details Moza already gave out.

55 minutes ago, Vintage Jimothy said:

Actually I was referring more to reporters on YouTube that were at Photokina. Plenty of folks took the time to go look and report on the two new Zhiyun gimbals (and to be fair, the Weebill Lab seems like a masterstroke), but the only videos out there so far on the Air X are either all from Moza's official YouTube channel or are just a general video sharing basic details Moza already gave out.

I just think people here, there and everywhere (myself included if I don't pay enough attention : ) tend to generally focus more on virtual brands love than real tools usability.

No price yet on Moza Air X but once the Zhiyun Crane 3 / Weebil Lab will stay under $1,000 I guess they won't end far away : -)

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

A glance on a fair comparison with Zhiyun here tells it.

That slide has made my future MOZA Air X preference to add next year but...

...early November availability on the Zhiyun part for the Weebill Lab lightweight as well;

rather than the Crane 3 bigger brother.

"Masterstroke", someone here said?

Well, just made the list. 3kg is more than enough at mirrorless ballpark.

https://www.zhiyun-tech.com/WEEBILLLAB

This new gimbal generation is a whole new world.

Surrendered to both sides and long life to this next techie evolution level just arrived.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2018 at 8:30 PM, DBounce said:

The new Moza Air 2 is configurable to handle multiple shooting positions. But in a case of true innovation, can also be adapted to provide a full automation solution with the additional of the optional slider accessory.

Read more about it here.

7565C27B-DD42-4A93-87C6-7FDB825691EE.jpeg

Is this Moza Air X an alternative to Edelkrone HeadPlus?

2 hours ago, photographer-at-large said:

Is this Moza Air X an alternative to Edelkrone HeadPlus?

No one has seen it in action so it is hard to say. However, on the surface it certainly seems like it could be. I foresee these modular type gimbal becoming the new trend. The Ronin S has a removable top section also. I would seem with some thought DJI could also make a slider module to add similar functionality. My biggest problem with the Edelkrone product centers around the many reports of issues from users. I welcome additional manufactures getting into this market as it will no doubt drive innovation and reliability.

1 hour ago, DBounce said:

No one has seen it in action so it is hard to say. However, on the surface it certainly seems like it could be. I foresee these modular type gimbal becoming the new trend. The Ronin S has a removable top section also. I would seem with some thought DJI could also make a slider module to add similar functionality. My biggest problem with the Edelkrone product centers around the many reports of issues from users. I welcome additional manufactures getting into this market as it will no doubt drive innovation and reliability.

Edelkrone are very reliable, and they have amazing customer service.

Actually they have the cheapest solutions that really work in the market currently. They add a lot to production values on videos.

Very friendly, really helpful and great innovation.

I am planning to buy more stuff from them really soon.

16 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

That Edelkrone HeadPlus, and the slider, with the focus control, is like 5000 bucks! Would be nice, but you would have to make a living using it for that kind of money, or renting it out.

Personally I have the small Edelkrones, and I just increase my production values, but bigger production companies have the bigger ones, and they make serious money out of them.

5000$ isn't a big deal for a medium to small size company 

• 2 weeks later...

An important factor for gimbals is not only the weight capacity but even more how they handle very front heavy and long setups. For example the new Weebill Lab. It's a great gimbal, great design, but it cannot stabilize a Sony A7III with the 24-70GM, neither the 24-105/F4, and most probably not even the 16-35GM. You might be able to balance such a setup, but the movements will be wobbling and unusable. According to the official specs regarding weight capacity, all the mentioned combinations should work, but in reality, they don't.

Of course you can use a light prime lens to avoid this issue, but for me personally, this is a dealbreaker for the Weebill Lab, unfortunately. If the Crane 3 or the Moza Air X solves this problem and provides a better experience than the Ronin S (which handles almost every possible setup), remains to be shown. 

I really love my Ronin S, but hate it the same time for the weight. Not because I can't carry it, but because it's so much harder for traveling. Any gimbal that is lighter and more compact, would be highly appreciated, if(!) it can handle those "light", but very front heavy mirrorless setups. 

On 11/5/2018 at 10:18 PM, webrunner5 said:

That Edelkrone HeadPlus, and the slider, with the focus control, is like 5000 bucks! Would be nice, but you would have to make a living using it for that kind of money, or renting it out.

I have this package. Didn’t buy it all from scratch, they kindly upgraded it from the previous generation for free. 

I’ve had little time with it, however I can say that it’s an incredibly innovative device and can accomplish shots you can’t do with anything else. 

No probs so far, will be happy to report more when I’ve had more experience. 

12 hours ago, chrisE said:

An important factor for gimbals is not only the weight capacity but even more how they handle very front heavy and long setups. For example the new Weebill Lab. It's a great gimbal, great design, but it cannot stabilize a Sony A7III with the 24-70GM, neither the 24-105/F4, and most probably not even the 16-35GM. You might be able to balance such a setup, but the movements will be wobbling and unusable. According to the official specs regarding weight capacity, all the mentioned combinations should work, but in reality, they don't.

Of course you can use a light prime lens to avoid this issue, but for me personally, this is a dealbreaker for the Weebill Lab, unfortunately. If the Crane 3 or the Moza Air X solves this problem and provides a better experience than the Ronin S (which handles almost every possible setup), remains to be shown. 

I really love my Ronin S, but hate it the same time for the weight. Not because I can't carry it, but because it's so much harder for traveling. Any gimbal that is lighter and more compact, would be highly appreciated, if(!) it can handle those "light", but very front heavy mirrorless setups. 

Nice input, man : ) As gimbal user, what's your opinion about Moza Air (1st edition) versus Weebill LAB (for P4K use) ? Any hint?

BTW, they practically have the same weight but not the same form factor definitely.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:58 AM, Emanuel said:

Nice input, man : ) As gimbal user, what's your opinion about Moza Air (1st edition) versus Weebill LAB (for P4K use) ? Any hint?

BTW, they practically have the same weight but not the same form factor definitely.

The only gimbals I own are the Zhiyun Crane Plus and the Ronin S. The Weebill LAB is too light for P4K, don't know about the Crane Plus, but it's definitely stronger.  

It's not supported, and as far as I know, it's not supported on any gimbal. The camera controls don't work via USB, so it can't be supported unless the gimbal has bluetooth controls as well. Even the focus on the Ronin S doesn't work with the P4k - until they release the mechanical system. I was just showing that the camera can balance on the Weebill and the gimbal isn't 'too light' for the camera, as you said it was. Not trying to argue, just correcting information that I thought was incorrect.

I'm extremely happy that the light camera works on the light gimbal, and when the follow focus is available in my country, I'll be even happier :)