PannySVHS

Panasonic camera hack, with 10bit 4444, The Digital Super 8 Bolex

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 6/29/2018 at 4:54 PM, Yurolov said:

The Kodak kai-02150 was the sensor used for HD video capture. AFAIK it was used in the bolex and ikonoskop cameras. There was a guy called Roald Christesen who even made his own camera with the sensor and like with the panasonic hack I think a laptop was used to capture. The old ccd's were just about the closest thing you could get to film (peaking with the ikonoskop camera).    

If someone wants a CCD on the cheap (other than the D16) then you can pick up a Sony PMW-F23 for next to nothing! (I've heard of them recently going for sub $1K)

On 9/19/2018 at 12:18 PM, buggz said:

As an old stills shooter, I miss the big pixel CCDs looks.

Eh, I don't miss my Nikon D50

On 9/20/2018 at 7:23 AM, IronFilm said:

If someone wants a CCD on the cheap (other than the D16) then you can pick up a Sony PMW-F23 for next to nothing! (I've heard of them recently going for sub $1K)

Wwould love that dvx100 andromeda more, for manageable size. and no need for an 18- 100 PL zoom neither. :) Nobody on this board who read this thread has been up to offer to sell one unfortunately.

Pretty cool to see people still interested in the Andromeda  

I actually still have my dvx100 andromeda. 

Apparently the camera I purchased was used as a c camera on few features back in the day.

I never got around using it on an actual production myself but I did shoot some test footage and the image it produced was very impressive.

Fun fact, even though it never came to market, a few HVX cameras with an early build did exists and there was one sold on eBay about 8 years back.

Unfourtunally, it did not come with the software or special data cable to get it to work...